Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,846 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Keleth said:

It is sort of playing into the anti vaxxers and conspiracy theorists hands.

Indeed "they" want to get those chips in as many people as they can and as quickly as possible!:rolleyes:

Making it up as you go -

With both AstraZeneca and Pfizer's shots now authorized for emergency use, the UK has two different COVID-19 vaccines available to fight the pandemic. Both of them require people to get two shots, several weeks apart.

But, if people forget which one they got first, or, if providers run out of one kind or the other, the UK government is now saying: no worries.

In guidance freshly updated on New Year's Eve, one day after AstraZeneca's vaccine was authorized for use in the UK, the British government suggested that people may mix and match their two COVID-19 shots - and government experts even think there's a chance people may get better protection from coronavirus infections in that way. 

If "the same vaccine is not available, or if the first product received is unknown, it is reasonable to offer one dose of the locally available product to complete the schedule," the UK's new advice for providers reads

However, both experts and government officials agree that mixing two vaccines together in the hopes of providing people with more robust protection from coronavirus infections is still a risky, untested strategy.

here 

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

If "the same vaccine is not available, or if the first product received is unknown, it is reasonable to offer one dose of the locally available product to complete the schedule," the UK's new advice for providers reads

I can hardly believe that, they must be off their heads.

19 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I can hardly believe that, they must be off their heads.

You're only realising that now? :blink: 

Well I guess that if they don't know which vaccine type was given first then the second shot will be statistically 50% correct, (at least at the moment with just 2) either that or 50% dead!

Goes to prove though that the battery booster for the chip is identical regardless of who made the vaccine.:wacko:

On 2.1.2021, 13:03:29, fraufruit said:

In guidance freshly updated on New Year's Eve, one day after AstraZeneca's vaccine was authorized for use in the UK, the British government suggested that people may mix and match their two COVID-19 shots - and government experts even think there's a chance people may get better protection from coronavirus infections in that way.  

So, still no innoculation card (Impfpass) then...

Glad I'm out - sorry for my (ex)-countryfolk

On 2.1.2021, 13:03:29, fraufruit said:

Making it up as you go -

Remind you of any other country?  Like that one up north that begins with an S?  🤦‍♀️

More making it up as you go -

The federal government is in talks with Moderna about giving half the recommended dose of the company's Covid-19 shot to speed up immunization efforts, the head of the Trump administration's vaccine rollout said on Sunday.

Operation Warp Speed chief adviser Moncef Slaoui said there is evidence that two half doses in people between the ages of 18 and 55 gives “identical immune response” to the recommended one hundred micorogram dose, but said the final decision will rest with the FDA.

“It will be based on facts and data to immunize more people,” Slaoui said on CBS' "Face the Nation," adding, ”of course we continue to produce more vaccine doses.”His remarks came amid intensifying concern that the Covid vaccine distribution has been slower than expected, with the Trump administration missing its initial goal of vaccinating 20 million Americans by the end of 2020. So far, just over 4 million Americans have received their first of two Covid shots, and another 13 million doses have been delivered to states, according to the CDC.

here

Why do I keep  thinking that these half-brained, not tested ideas are going to do nothing except waste valuable vaccines?

Don't remember if this has been posted before, but it certainly bears repeating:

1DEDD34C-5C71-41B9-859D-84CBAD4EC77C.jpe

I'm just wondering about the complexities of doing intra-muscular vaccinations. What can happen in the worst case scenario of it going wrong? Can you get an embolism or is the risk reduced to hygiene hazards only? How long does it take to train someone to do this?

Metall, where are you?

I don't even know what to say -

Supporters of President Donald Trump have gathered in Washington DC for multiple rallies just one day before Congress is expected to officially certify the presidential election results.

One speaker for a Tuesday rally, which was held in Freedom Plaza, encouraged attendees to all hug each other – a suggestion that went against current coronavirus guidelines.

“Turn to the person next to you and give them a hug, someone you don’t know. Go hug somebody. Go ahead and spread it out, mass spreader,” he said, before chanting “mass-spreader event” multiple times to the crowd.

Attendees, many of whom were not wearing masks, were seen hugging each other while the speaker continued to chant “mass-spreader event”.

here

30 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I don't even know what to say -

here

Maybe they just really, really need a manhug (NTTAWWT).

After all, these are the guys whose leader shoved a dildo up his ass on live TV to prove he doesn't hate gays.

5ff5b1aa220e4_1Xc87NYZ1NKySiWibGOrm_hS33

They're really gonna lose their shit when they find out both the GA Senate seats flipped D and Pence certifies the election today  (as the Constitution requires him to do). I wonder how many of them will choose Capitol Hill as the hill they want to die on.

How come everyone is calling the variants of Covid fist seen in Britain and South Africa the British and South African variants when it was apparently a big nogo to refer to the corona virus as the Chinese Flu???

Just been SKYPing with my brother in the UK.  His daughter (recently qualified as a doctor & working in A & E of a London hospital) now has Covid for the second time.  Does not bode well.

First time was April & in July had a positive antibody test.

He wrote that she had also been vaccinated but might have been infected around the same time.