Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,840 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Yes they don't want anyone avoiding the Bill Gates chip included with every dose of the vaccine.:wacko:

My mom is getting vaccinated today.  I'm hoping she gets the chip.  She could do with a bit more memory :ph34r:

Hubby has just said he's not having it.  Which is his own decision. But my daughter will likely follow suit. Sigh.

22 minutes ago, optimista said:

Hubby has just said he's not having it.

Did you ask him who will take care of him if he gets corona after he should have had the vaccine? I would.

34 minutes ago, optimista said:

Hubby has just said he's not having it. 

That's odd. From your stories, he doesn't normally seem adverse to a little prick.

34 minutes ago, optimista said:

But my daughter will likely follow suit.

AFAIK nobody in Europe under the age of 18 can be vaccinated, because the vaccines haven't been tested on that age group.

The website for vax in SH was opened this morning.

Got dates booked for the oldies.

Light at the end of the tunnel now a little brighter. B)

15 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

That's odd. From your stories, he doesn't normally seem adverse to a little prick.

AFAIK nobody in Europe under the age of 18 can be vaccinated, because the vaccines haven't been tested on that age group.

They tested on 16 - 18  year olds in the UK:

Möglicherweise gibt es auch in Europa eine Zulassung ab 16 Jahren

Dr. Rolf Hömke vom Verband forschender Arzneimittelhersteller versichert, in der Regel lassen Zulassungsbehörden nur das zu, was auch getestet wurde. Möglicherweise wird die europäische Arzneimittelbehörde den Biontech/Pfizer Impfstoff auch schon ab 16 Jahren zugelassen, eine Zulassung für noch Jüngere könne er es sich nicht vorstellen. 

https://www.swr.de/wissen/keinecoronaimpfungfuerkinder-100.html#:~:text=In%20Gro%C3%9Fbritannien%20ist%20der%20Corona,16%20und%2018%20Jahren%20getestet.

24 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

They tested on 16 - 18  year olds in the UK:

I didn't know that, thanks.

Still, 100 subjects is a pretty small control group.

2 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

I didn't know that, thanks.

Still, 100 subjects is a pretty small control group.

Heartily agree!

OK, I am evil, because I couldn't help snigger a bit when I read that people with fillers could  swell up in treated areas  from the Moderna vaccin. Easily sorted by antihistamine, though.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

The European Union’s mass vaccination campaign came under fire on Tuesday, after Italians accused Germany of grabbing too much vaccine, and some care-home workers were injected with five times the recommended dosage in a city 150 miles north of Berlin.

the rest

We are talking of millions of doses and the Italians complained that a mistake was made and "some" got five times the recommended dosage. What is some? 7 or 8 people?

German newspapers report that Germany did not order enough doses. When Italians are complaining it means, they want money from Germany.

4 hours ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

German newspapers report that Germany did not order enough doses.

Thats the usual media-moaning for the sake of it.

If the vaccine had NOT been approved the same newspapers would have been shouting "scandal" for ordering stuff before it had been approved!

8 hours ago, fraufruit said:

European Union’s mass vaccination campaign came under fire on Tuesday

Hardly surprising. :rolleyes: 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-europe-vaccines/eus-marathon-covid-vaccination-drive-off-to-uneven-start-idUKKBN2921F7

In southern Germany, officials had to send back about 1,000 doses after finding they had been transported in cool boxes typically used for picnics or camping trips that failed to keep the vaccine cold enough.

Oh dear, pathetic! And people still try to say that Germany is efficient! :lol: 

2 hours ago, HEM said:

Thats the usual media-moaning for the sake of it.

Sounds like Brexit. 

2 hours ago, lunaCH said:

...officials had to send back about 1,000 doses after finding they had been transported in cool boxes typically used for picnics or camping trips that failed to keep the vaccine cold enough.

Have to say I saw that one coming from the outset. I wonder how many people are going to get worthless jabs because the vaccine spoils during inadequate transport or hangs around too long after delivery in the wrong environment.