Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,840 posts in this topic

Another right wingnut super spreader event at Mar-a-Lago.

Hundreds of maskless revelers—including White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem—packed President Donald Trump’s Palm Beach club on Friday night for Turning Point USA’s annual winter gala, flouting local COVID-19 guidelines.

Criminal, I say.

here

On 12/21/2020, 3:39:39, fraufruit said:

Update on the man who died on the United flight. He did not have corona - it was a heart attack. Someone thought they heard his wife say that he had been having corona symptoms. Just wanted to sort that out.

Doesn't change the fact that all other passengers and crew were allowed to go along their merry way without being tested before his COD was known.

Update to my update. The man did have corona after all. United lied.

here

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Update to my update. The man did have corona after all. United lied.

here

Thank you for the update, but I don't see where United lied given it appears they reported what they knew at the time.  Based on the previous Yahoo article, it appears the man lied when he completed the pre-boarding checklist concerning C-19 symptoms. 

1 hour ago, JG52 said:

Thank you for the update, but I don't see where United lied given it appears they reported what they knew at the time.  Based on the previous Yahoo article, it appears the man lied when he completed the pre-boarding checklist concerning C-19 symptoms. 

Yes, the man lied. Anyone can lie. The United protocols are shit.

Must I say it again, all the other passengers went far and wide and now the CDC is trying to track them down. Some have had symptoms so who knows how many they have infected? They should have all been put in quarantine on the spot.

Well, we had a different Christmas this year, with more people than usual; three in stead of just the two of us.  Since the DearOne's mother couldn't go to his sister as usual, with grandchildren and great grandchildren, he invited her to us and feasted her on goose, which she never had had in her 87 years - but thought was lovely. She got leftovers to take home  too.  We will still be having goose the next week or so, as it would "serve 13":D. And yes, we are in a bubble with her.

We bumped into a Greek friend at the supermarket in town today. He is married to an American in Chicago and has been unable to fly there the past few months. He has been visiting his elderly mother here.

He misses his wife and was due to fly to Chicago this week to see her again.

He told us he had cancelled the flight yesterday  on his wife’s advice.. “ it is too dangerous here.”

🙁

What the heck is wrong with people? Just read news from home: a corona test centre has been sabotaged for the second time; the power cables have been cut.  54 people had to have their appointements rescheduled.

Bonkers.

When kid#3&4s school had some cases and set up a test centre for the affected year group, there were adults demonstrating outside and shouting at the children, mostly from Klasse 5, going in for their tests, which was very upsetting.

They probably wouldn't have been brave enough to do it with the older teenagers who would have given more than they got by the spadeful. 

The buggers.

What happens if the his RNA based vaccine manages to write itself to people's DNA and turns them into zombies..??

I'm pretty sure I could survive the old Romero style zombie's, slow, plodding, easy to get away from as long as you don't let yourself get cornered. But the the modern day of the dead, 28 days later or resident evil type, I'm dead on [day apocalypses starts] + [days until it reaches where I live]..

Game over man, game over...