Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,592 posts in this topic

Since they hate following rules and being part of society so much, I reiterate my suggestion that various governments give them a piece of land they can all roam around on mask-free and let the problem solve itself.  Anyone can enter, but must quarantine for four weeks if they want to leave.

 

Like flies in a trap. problem solved.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

Since they hate following rules and being part of society so much, I reiterate my suggestion that various governments give them a piece of land they can all roam around on mask-free and let the problem solve itself.  Anyone can enter, but must quarantine for four weeks if they want to leave.

 

Like flies in a trap. problem solved.

 

We have such a place already.  It’s called, “The United States of America.”

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bramble said:

 

I wonder how mink farmers disposed of the bodies after skinning them before Covid. 

Probably to rendering plants, same as domestic and other farm animals that are not in the food chain. :( Burying them in areas where they can contaminate water or close to playgrounds was never going to be the best of ideas :(

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/11/2020, 12:44:23, dessa_dangerous said:

Since they hate following rules and being part of society so much, I reiterate my suggestion that various governments give them a piece of land they can all roam around on mask-free and let the problem solve itself.  Anyone can enter, but must quarantine for four weeks if they want to leave.

 

Like flies in a trap. problem solved.

 

Or even better make them work in the Covid hospitals, intensive care if possible and without masks. Let them see with their own eyes, how it feels to fight for every breath.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bramble said:

 

I wonder how mink farmers disposed of the bodies after skinning them before Covid. 

 

I know mink oil (for treating leather, in cosmetics, etc) comes from rendered mink fat. I imagine the rest of the remains are probably minced for fertilizer or something. Kind of horrid to think about.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SusieT said:

Probably to rendering plants, same as domestic and other farm animals that are not in the food chain. :( Burying them in areas where they can contaminate water or close to playgrounds was never going to be the best of ideas :(

 

5 hours ago, alderhill said:

 

I know mink oil (for treating leather, in cosmetics, etc) comes from rendered mink fat. I imagine the rest of the remains are probably minced for fertilizer or something. Kind of horrid to think about.

 

Thank you for your answers.

 

Farming animals for their fur is a horrible industry. I*m glad there are no longer any mink farms in Germany. I hope it stays that way. I'm not all happy, though, that mink carcasses are imported to Germany from Denmark and their fat is added to biodiesel even though the German Biofuels Industry Association has stated that the use of such biodiesel is prohibited by the legal requirements in Germany.

 https://www.tagesschau.de/investigativ/swr/nerz-biodiesel-101.html

 

Quote

 

According to research by the SWR magazine Plusminus, fats from dead minks from Denmark are added to biodiesel fuel without being declared as such. While the furs of the dead animals are marketed from Denmark, the companies in northern Denmark transport tens of thousands of animal carcasses to Jagel in Schleswig-Holstein every year. This is where the rendering company Rendac is based. The company is part of a group with subsidiaries also in Belgium and the Netherlands, where biodiesel production takes place.

...

In the meantime, the German Biofuels Industry Association has taken the floor and stated in a statement that biodiesel containing animal fats should not be used in Germany. This is prohibited by the legal requirements.

Nevertheless, diesel with added biodiesel is exported from the Netherlands to Germany in large quantities.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

 

 

As far as the mink carcasses having to be dug up again, why couldn't they have incinerated them? If I remember rightly, they did this with millions of diseased cattle suffering from mad cow disease in the UK. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bramble said:

millions of diseased cattle suffering from mad cow disease in the UK. 

Millions were slaughtered, but not all of them had the disease.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of ships went to the bottom off the coast of the US during WWII because people in coastal towns/cities refused to turn off their lights, thus backlighting the ships for German U-Boats.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now