Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

3,151 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, john g. said:

Well, I read the other day water has been discovered on the moon - so maybe can consider a new username! Lunawassergebiet?

And no corona up there! And I looked this evening! Moving towards a full moon!😂

No it wouldn't work! How could you live somewhere that gets smaller and smaller as the month progresses and even disappears completely for a while? :D

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

No it wouldn't work! How could you live somewhere that gets smaller and smaller as the month progresses and even disappears completely for a while?

Aren't there people in that situation already on several oceanic islands? They will eventually have to relocate. :(

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020, 7:34:49, john g. said:

Well, I read the other day water has been discovered on the moon - so maybe can consider a new username! Lunawassergebiet?

And no corona up there! And I looked this evening! Moving towards a full moon!😂

 

So that's where all the rain comes from... :P

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dominic Cummings accused of perverting course of justice after Barnard Castle trip

 

Quote

A former crown prosecutor has sent authorities a dossier accusing the prime minister’s chief adviser of breaking coronavirus laws and perverting the course of justice.

 

Dominic Cummings denies wrongdoing over taking his family to County Durham during the UK-wide lockdown in April, when his wife had Covid-19 symptoms. Police later found that he may have breached the law during a trip to Barnard Castle, but said they would not fine or prosecute him.

 

Lawyers acting for Nazir Afzal OBE, the former chief crown prosecutor for northwest England, have now sent investigators legal submissions calling for action to be taken.

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neighbors upstairs have been entertaining what sounds to be at least three different families for about four hours.

 

At the moment I'm only slightly bothered by the din; they were fairly quiet this morning and have been very quiet in the evenings for quite some time... I'm very very grateful for this effort and so the playdates and stuff don't bother me so much any more.  As long as I know there is going to be some peace at some point, I'm OK.  

 

But the news of the upcoming lockdown has made people truly stupid.  Getting out to the bar one last time, restaurant, Kino, grandma, whatever.  Silly people!  When I learned that new restrictions were coming up I cancelled the plans I had that night (meeting friends in a very small bar, about which I was already hesitant to tell the truth).  Policy makers have to arbitrarily picks dates and durations, but the virus does not care what day it is!  If they're saying, hey, it's bad, in four days we're locking down so get ready, FOOLS take that to mean, go expose yourself as much as possible until then!

 

I know, everyone's level of caution doesn't have to be the same but it's so funny, among the people who are truly concerned, so many are talking about "only three more days"--until what?  Until the virus says, "ready or not, here I come?"  You idiots are playing hide-and-go-seek with a fucking virus.  It's already out there now, it's not going to be more dangerous on Monday than it is today.  Head shaken.

 

So I don't know if that is what the party is about upstairs, or if it is simply Halloween (some other families did a thing in the Hof a couple hours ago) or if they're just "stocking up" on social interaction because mixing so many households will be "forbidden" come Monday.  They've never seemed too terribly impressed by the virus from the beginning, but the number of voices and feet I hear upstairs is a little troubling.  Superspreading in apartment 3G.

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

But the news of the upcoming lockdown has made people truly stupid.  Getting out to the bar one last time, restaurant, Kino, grandma, whatever.  Silly people!  When I learned that new restrictions were coming up I cancelled the plans I had that night (meeting friends in a very small bar, about which I was already hesitant to tell the truth).  Policy makers have to arbitrarily picks dates and durations, but the virus does not care what day it is!  If they're saying, hey, it's bad, in four days we're locking down so get ready, FOOLS take that to mean, go expose yourself as much as possible until then!

 

I know, everyone's level of caution doesn't have to be the same but it's so funny, among the people who are truly concerned, so many are talking about "only three more days"--until what?  Until the virus says, "ready or not, here I come?"  You idiots are playing hide-and-go-seek with a fucking virus.  It's already out there now, it's not going to be more dangerous on Monday than it is today.  Head shaken.

 

I try not to see too many people when there is no virus, I see even less now :D Once the shutdown was announced I checked what food I had in the house and decided that I can make do by using frozen veg, then I can shop after any rush to stock up before and immediately after lockdown and avoid most of any extra people who may be around, yes I may be a bit paranoid considering there are very few people infected in my immediate area, but for very little effort its one less person who may spread it.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

upcoming lockdown has made people truly stupid.  Getting out to the bar one last time, restaurant, Kino, grandma, whatever.  Silly people!  It's already out there now, it's not going to be more dangerous on Monday than it is today.  Head shaken.

Eyes on England then, as there the lockdown doesn't start until Thurday !!! :lol: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54763956 

So ample time for extra spreading !! 4 whole days. 3 of which are working days !!! 

I assume firework displays for the public with heaving crowds will be brought forward to avoid the lockdown as well !!! 

The sheer bonkersness just goes on and on. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SusieT said:

I try not to see too many people when there is no virus, I see even less now :D Once the shutdown was announced I checked what food I had in the house and decided that I can make do by using frozen veg, then I can shop after any rush to stock up before and immediately after lockdown and avoid most of any extra people who may be around, yes I may be a bit paranoid considering there are very few people infected in my immediate area, but for very little effort its one less person who may spread it.

 

Oh, how I wish more people were like you!!!

 

Since I am on holiday from work at the moment, I have only met with two people this week, spent time tidying up the garden, and been out shopping once.

Must admit I bought a pack of toilet rolls that wasn´t on my shopping list - but they were on special offer, and I simply cannot resist a bargain!

 

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time on Halloween, I had 2 little witches come to the door. I wasn't prepared but remembered that Himself had a big bag of some kind of sour gummies here for the grandkids if we ever get to visit them again. I took the bag to the door (with a mask - they weren't wearing one) and let them put their little corona hands in there and grab a handfull each. I sealed the bag and told Himself that it is on lockdown for 2 weeks.

 

A couple of the new flats across the street were having parties tonight. Around 10 people each, no distancing and no masks.

 

I'm with Susie T - just stay home.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the 7th floor and they had to open doors and push lift buttons to get here with their little no-mask selves.

 

Honestly, they were cute as hell. They rang and then waited 30 seconds and were on the next floor when I opened my door. I called out "Ich bin da!" and they came running up the stairs.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

For the first time on Halloween, I had 2 little witches come to the door. I wasn't prepared but remembered that Himself had a big bag of some kind of sour gummies here for the grandkids if we ever get to visit them again. I took the bag to the door (with a mask - they weren't wearing one) and let them put their little corona hands in there and grab a handfull each. I sealed the bag and told Himself that it is on lockdown for 2 weeks.

 

A couple of the new flats across the street were having parties tonight. Around 10 people each, no distancing and no masks.

 

I'm with Susie T - just stay home.

Little corona hands!😂

Did you tell the little blighters we had a blue moon today? THAT is cool!😂

We went to the beach today full of expectation! Blue moon? Where? It got cold and we buggered off home!!😂

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't tell if you two are joking or not, but the moon is referred to as "Blue" simply because it is the second full moon in a single month.

 

That's why when something happens rarely, it happens once in a Blue Moon!

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corona rant: Found out on Friday that I have Corona. (flu-like Symptoms from Sunday evening)

My Gesundheitsamt has been on the ball! Called quickly and gave us our instructions etc. (Quarantine for me and the hubby (he doesn't have it))

 

The people who I was in contact with (family) are in a different city, same Bundesland, and the rules and reactions from their doctors and Gesundheitsamt has been so different. It's crazy. Shouldn't they be treating and reacting to this the same? 30 minute drive and incubation period doesn't exist (sarcasm)? Just found it weird and a little worrisome.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now