Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,944 posts in this topic

It will be interesting to see the surge in treatments / hospitalizations / deaths resulting from the actions of this superspreader. 

I am going to take a wild guess and say that the uptick will be barely perceptible.

Nobody will remember in 2 weeks. 

19 hours ago, bramble said:

Just heard on the TV that she is indeed American. She faces a heavy fine. 

If its true that she works in a hotel then there are probably no resources with which to pay any fine...

21 minutes ago, HEM said:

If its true that she works in a hotel then there are probably no resources with which to pay any fine...

Time to introduce debtors' prisons again.

43 minutes ago, HEM said:

She is supposedly working on the American base. If she under the SOFA, I think the Germans should send Uncle Sam all the bills.

From my experience, if said American is an active Armed Forces member, she probably will be recalled from her post in Germany, and that'll be that.

If she's a contractor working on base, she probably will be dropped like a hot potato and will be in reach of the German judiciary system.

32 minutes ago, Metall said:

If she's a contractor working on base, she probably will be dropped like a hot potato and will be in reach of the German judiciary system.

Some articles reported that she is working here:

https://www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com/about-elr/employment

If she is here under the SOFA, is the US liable? I've never actually read it and I'm just really curious.

The next Trumptard superspreader event with no mask mandate -

Along the Bagnell Dam Strip in the heart of the Lake of the Ozarks, thousands of motorcycles are tightly parked in the middle of a two-lane highway.

Tourists from across the country have been cutting loose along the historic stretch, known as the “main party hub” of the Missouri resort area, for months—but over the last three days, the highway lined with bars, hotels, and concert venues has been home to one of the largest motorcycle rallies in the Midwest: Lake of the Ozarks’ Bikefest. 

Tens of thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts have flooded the area for the annual rally, which started Wednesday, participating in five days of rides, fairs, music concerts, and coordinated stops at local bars and restaurants. 

In one video from Thursday night, hundreds of patrons—most maskless—could be seen crowding into the strip’s bars and restaurants, clearly flouting federal social distancing recommendations. And Bikefest is not the only gathering at the lake this weekend. Hundreds are expected to show their support for President Trump at a boat parade taking place across the 92-mile-long lake.

“There are thousands of bikes here. A lot of people here—this weekend there will be even more people,” Dan Ousley, a 51-year-old local who has participated in Bikefest for years, told The Daily Beast. “It’s great to see. Honestly, I think that the COVID-19 thing is a little overblown, to be honest. We made national news for having large crowds, but we just want to live our life.”

Let's see if they can beat the Sturgis rally with new infections.

here

#we'renotscared

Who'd've thunk it: The 2020 Thunder Beach Autumn Rally in the Florida Panhandle has been cancelled! I for one was very glad to read this

Let's explain this one more time for all the nutters out there -

Nearly 200,000 Americans have died of COVID-19. 

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is working to track and study those deaths in as much detail as possible. Each week, the agency updates a provisional report that compiles coronavirus mortality data based on patients' death certificates.

The report breaks down US coronavirus deaths by age, sex, race, and location based on information submitted to National Center for Health Statistics. It also includes patients' comorbidities: preexisting health conditions like diabetes or kidney disease that are known to raise a person's risk of a severe infection.

The August 29 update to that report noted that in "6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned," meaning no other health conditions were "mentioned in conjunction with deaths." 

That means only 6% of the 153,504 Americans who'd died by that date had no underlying health conditions.

But that line was widely misinterpreted — in fact, it set off a conspiracy-theory firestorm.

Countless social media users — including many associated with the far-right,  pro-Trump conspiracy-theory group QAnon — suggested the report meant that only 6% of those counted in the US coronavirus death total actually died of the disease.

President Donald Trump even retweeted one such claim on August 30, then deleted it eight hours later. He also mentioned the 6% statistic in a September 1 interview with Fox News.

The tweet Trump reshared, posted by a QAnon supporter, said: "This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That's 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age."

But that's bogus...

They would still be alive

36 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

That means only 6% of the 153,504 Americans who'd died by that date had no underlying health conditions. But that line was widely misinterpreted — in fact, it set off a conspiracy-theory firestorm.

Facts appear--> experts try to explain them --->Trump says its fake news --->Trumps blames experts--->Trump fires experts --> Trump invents alternative facts ---> Putin puts out consipracy theories --> Trump quotes theories ---> People vote for Trump

Have I missed something?

Sorry, John, but I can't take any more whining by the MUH FREEDUMBS crowd.

If all those giant man-babies had sucked it up, worn masks, and stayed home a little longer, the UK wouldn't be facing a second wave and potential second lockdown right now.

I think it is the hypocrisy, El Jeffo , of certain politicians who do what they want. There is no reason this ground should be owned by the Right. There must be room for criticism from the Left as well.

Lufthansa sent me a nice email saying they have had to change my booked route in october (to the UK).

I thought 'oh, ok, different time or change over than planned). Price had not changed so I thought nothing more about it.

Check more in detail today and that route change was basically the cancellation of the outbound flights.
Called Lufthansa to ask about it 'oh, yeah, sorry, outbound flights have been cancelled'. 'Why hasn't the part of the cost been refunded'..
'Oh we wouldn't do that as the flights had been cancelled'..

Not sure if I spoke to someone who didn't know what they were doing or if Lufthansa would have happily let me book alternative flights out and still keep the cash for the flights they cancelled..