Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,634 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

It's beautiful...

Whoops - sorry, @AlexTr: the site didn't render your tweet correctly, so I didn't know you already posted this. This is the full video, though. 

Boris Johnson blames care home owners for deaths from coronavirus

Boris Johnson is under fire after appearing to blame care home owners for the huge death toll from coronavirus in their properties.

“We discovered too many care homes didn’t really follow the procedures in the way that they could have,” the prime minister claimed – after being asked about the reasons for almost 20,000 fatalities.

But Vic Rayner, executive director of the National Care Forum, said: “Care providers have moved to adopt these new procedures consistently, at pace and with integrity.”

And Mike Padgham, head of the Independent Care Group (ICG), said: “We should not be getting into the blame game and it is wrong to criticise care and nursing homes at this time.”

If all else fails, follow your hero Trump's example, lie like hell and blame someone else...

update from hipsterest North Neukölln:

Rocked up today to my local Netto and regretted being too courteous/negligent as to have brought a camera device with me to snap a photo of the Penner grooming himself in the shop window as I approached.  A very short time later I shared the same aisle with the same man who was wearing his mask around his neck and coughing modestly into the frozen spring rolls.  He was impervious to my evil eye and took no notice of me.  Two further shoppers from similar demographic backgrounds were more susceptible to the glare and pulled up their masks upon registering my pointed looks of disapproval.  A lady stopped me in the pesto & pasta aisle to ask me if the can of salted cashews she was holding was salted.  I was aware that there are people who can speak perfect German without being able to read it but in a decade and a half she was my first direct proof of such a being. (Or maybe she just forgot her spectacles and I'm a straight-up racist for even entertaining such a thought. :ph34r: /miscellaneous)  In the canned foods and no-soy-milk-since-months aisle was a man heaping a literal cart full of 405 flour.  Does he know something I don't?   To add insult to injury, I had to ask him to permit my passage past him as his cart blocked the aisle horizontally.  

Finally, I waved a young man in front of me with only a bottle of water and hoped I could load the rest of my shit in peace, but of course another lady came and asked extra to cut in line because she had less than I.  I had so hoped to visit this Netto without someone asking to go ahead of me.  I like to offer, and being asked rubs me up the wrong way; call it an integration failure.  I didn't fancy another ugly debate so waved her begrudgingly though.  (I would have offered her anyway. Still, grrrr, and I know I'm probably being unreasonable.)

I and others seem to shit on the 2-meter rule.  As long as everyone is wearing their mask properly, I couldn't care less about a sidle-up.  At some point wondered if I was a Part of the Problem Person for considering my proper application of the mask to be effort enough.

/rant.flummox.miscellaneous 

dessa, what I don't understand is, why you don't move to Grunewald if you don't like the clientele in Kreuzberg?

simples: I was here first!

Imagine asking every person who wasn't keen on the resident tourists to move out for the pleasure of the latter.

Thanks for playing.

ah, or perhaps you mean not the hipsters but the Penner and Omas.  Well, I don't dislike them.  But as apparently you're not the first to ask why I use the topic I created in the manner in which I intended it to be used, I refer you again to the title of the thread.  I'm here to bitch about this and that, and have parked my comment in the right place, and you may consider me something of an expert on the subject of where to put one's post.  Carry on.

7 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I and others seem to shit on the 2-meter rule.  As long as everyone is wearing their mask properly, I couldn't care less about a sidle-up.  At some point wondered if I was a Part of the Problem Person for considering my proper application of the mask to be effort enough.

Hate to tell you Dessa, but yes, you are part of the problem!

Twice today I backed off from customers, who only took another step forward each time - after three steps backwards I do, now, actually ask the person to keep a distance - and they just stand there like a deer caught  in the car lights, shocked, and not at all sure what to do!

Please, please, keep your distance from the staff wherever you feel the need to go shopping - hte staff have to be there, and you couldn´t go shopping without the staff working their asses off, but we really DO NOT want any of the germs that you might happen to have, thankyou very much!

(rant over!)

Seriously though, as I have said before, just because you are wearing a mask and rubber gloves, does not make you 100% immune, so be sensible, and keep your distance!

4 hours ago, robinson100 said:

I do, now, actually ask the person to keep a distance - and they just stand there like a deer caught  in the car lights, shocked, and not at all sure what to do!

Good for you @robinson100 for telling the person!  I am appalled at how I can be waiting in the checkout line at times and someone just swaggers up right behind me, practically breathing down my neck, because they just have to get their wares on the conveyor belt right away and they think it's ok to disregard the tape markers for distancing.  🙄  I have begun to step back and indicate my displeasure.  I can only imagine what a nightmare this is for you and the other workers who deal with so many people in a day.  A woman in my DaF class works at DM here and has told us how stressful it is.  Thanks for all you do for us!

I took a little trip on the train yesterday, been a while, and people were for the most part very good about wearing their masks.  Where I live and where I was going, people were wearing masks on the bus, on the platforms and in the train.  Some may have pulled them down briefly on the platform to smoke or eat or talk on the phone but that was it.  That is until going home, I had to change trains.  I get out of the train and notice that some people on the platform are not wearing masks and many of those who are, are wearing them on their chins.  Going into the train station, same thing.  A gaggle of policemen were standing around, none of them had a mask on.  I guess different bundesland, different rules.

Oh, I did see a guy on the train though, wearing his mask.  He then took it off to cough on his hand.  Then put it back on.  Then proceeded to touch everything.  Do we need lessons on proper mask protocol?

8 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I am appalled at how I can be waiting in the checkout line at times and someone just swaggers up right behind me, practically breathing down my neck, because they just have to get their wares on the conveyor belt right away and they think it's ok to disregard the tape markers for distancing.

Same here. It happens so frequently. I'm also annoyed when shoppers leave their cart somewhere in the gangway and wander around collecting items and in the process get close to me and others. I did this before Corona but not anymore. There is a reason you are supposed to take a trolley into the store. At least the Aldi here still has the sign up at the entrance. 

Dr. Fauci debunks Trump again -

As the coronavirus has made its alarming American comeback in recent weeks — with dozens of states across the South and West regularly reporting record numbers of new cases and propelling the nationwide total of new daily infections past 50,000 for the first time — President Trump and others have sought to downplay the disturbing data by reciting a simple refrain: Yes, but what about the deaths?  

On Tuesday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease expert, answered them, warning that even though fewer Americans are dying from COVID-19 today than when New York City was the raging epicenter of the pandemic, that’s no guarantee the disease won’t grow more deadly again.

“It’s a false narrative to take comfort in a lower rate of death,” Fauci said during a press conference with Sen. Doug Jones, D-Ala. “Don’t get into false complacency."

The numbers, it turns out, are on Fauci’s side: COVID-19 deaths are now beginning to creep up in U.S. hot spots such as Florida, Texas, Arizona, South Carolina and California.

the rest  

On 8. Juli 2020 um 10:00:01, AlexTr said:

Your husband has told you wrong."

thumb.png

Ah, now I got it 🤔.

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Ah, now I got it 🤔.

It only took you a long time because you are a kind and very proper person. If you had just a bit more street in you, that Studs Lonigan - David Simon writes too carefully - Marines come to me to learn how to cuss kind of air, you would have known instantly.