Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,634 posts in this topic

Oh dear. HCQ is now mentioned on CNN:

I love the smell of being correct in the morning.

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

maskcantbreathe.jpg.64527550b5cb43164ab9

What my doctor friend said after I sent her this -

and what?  These idiots think their surgeons and OR teams are operating while hypoxic and hypercarbic?

So that pretty much settles it.

A fellow stuck in a coronavirus outbreak, prayed to God for help.

renderTimingPixel.png

Soon the head of the WHO came by. He said “Try social distancing! It can save you!”

The fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me.” So the head of the WHO went on.

Then Dr. Fauci came by and told the man “Wear a mask! It can save you!”

The fellow said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith." So Dr. Fauci went on.

So the fucking world came by - shouting “Wear a mask! Try social distancing. Stay inside your fucking house! It can save you!”

To this the fellow replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the world went on its way.

Then the man threw a surprise birthday party for a family member and 17 people got sick. One person died. Two more would be sick, and damaged for the rest of their lives.

There’s no punchline. This really happened. Wear a mask. Don’t be a  idiot.

So, I just came from Kaufland.  There was this couple, around 50+, choosing a package of strawberries.   They decided to find the one package with more grams among the all of them, so they were taking them to the weighing scale two at a time and checking package by package.   Who the heck does that?  And for what?  to find the one package with an extra half strawberry?   Touching all the damn packages ... even there are signs everywhere in the produce area saying to touch only the items you want to buy.

I never saw something like that, so I wonder if people are getting dumber and dumber every day.

2 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I never saw something like that, so I wonder if people are getting dumber and dumber every day

In a word...yes!

16 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I never saw something like that, so I wonder if people are getting dumber and dumber every day.

Especially, because you pay per gram, not per package.

Before Corona,  I observed an older lady picking strawberries from different packages and then putting them in a separate package.  What was she thinking?

21 minutes ago, Krieg said:

So, I just came from Kaufland.  There was this couple, around 50+, choosing a package of strawberries.   They decided to find the one package with more grams among the all of them, so they were taking them to the weighing scale two at a time and checking package by package.   Who the heck does that?  And for what?  to find the one package with an extra half strawberry?   Touching all the damn packages ... even there are signs everywhere in the produce area saying to touch only the items you want to buy.

As my company is about to deliver, I am going in to work more often then normal. They have opened the works canteen, there are clearly marked lines on the floor, I stared queuing at the line, leaving a gap between me and the guy in front, then somebody just walked in front of me and start queing, I said, hey the cue starts behind me, and several other guys behind me - he look round, at the long que and decided he was not going to the end of it.

What a -hole, seems like everybody is doing this  in my canteen, there is no-respect for the painted lines from anybody, its like leaving a braking gap, while I am on the autobahn, if you leave a safety gap somebody will fill it. The same people will complain like hell when the virus comes back and lockdown re-introduced.

12 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Before Corona,  I observed an older lady picking strawberries from different packages and then putting them in a separate package.  What was she thinking?

They are trying to pick the good strawberries from the bad ones, most packages I buy have several bad strawberries in them - by the way I just look at the package - if I cannot see any bad ones I buy the package, but I always find bad ones in there. 

People just want the best value like always, ie not wanting to buy damaged or bad fruit. I do look at the apples I buy, to get the good ones.

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

No, it was those packages that come with fixed weight and sealed in plastic.  i.e. 500g.

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

They are trying to pick the good strawberries from the bad ones, most packages I buy have several bad strawberries in them - by the way I just look at the package - if I cannot see any bad ones I buy the package, but I always find bad ones in there. 

People just want the best value like always, ie not wanting to buy damaged or bad fruit. I do look at the apples I buy, to get the good ones.

That would be better (except the touch touch), but they were really finding the one with 510g instead or 500g.

1 hour ago, Wulfrun said:

Pubs in England reopened last night...

5f01877a91abc_greatplague.jpg.64f8d90f63

A pox on the Pox I say!!

On 4.7.2020, 13:57:32, Krieg said:

So, I just came from Kaufland.  There was this couple, around 50+, choosing a package of strawberries.   They decided to find the one package with more grams among the all of them, so they were taking them to the weighing scale two at a time and checking package by package.   Who the heck does that?

Rentner.

I've seen it myself.

Also at our local market yesterday there were a pair of Rentner fingering all the apples until the market people told them off.