Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,634 posts in this topic

Everyone else is sheep and he is the wolf. 

Cancel that. There is no sense to be made out of such a stupid white guy.

I would've expected he could at least have rolled out of bed and put on a T-shirt to make the video.

Back to the attempt to cash a US treasury check from P. Trump. My husband's bank wouldn't allow him to deposit my check (third party check) and I only have the online bank that doesn't accept checks t all anyway. Now his bank says, if I get an account with them, pay that 5 Euros a month to them for the account, they'll cash the check. I quit this bank a few years back to get away from that monthly fee. I guess to get the check cashed I have to open a new account with them, cash the check and then close the account. How crazy is that. The other bank filiale in my town are closed on the teller side due to corona. They know they have leverage. Sigh. 

@cybil I wonder if you could endorse it to me and mail it to my US account. I could then Paypal the money to you once it clears and shows up on my account. I check my account daily. It would take a little while. 

Of course that would mean trusting me. :rolleyes:

Let me know and I'll ask my banker how it should be endorsed or if it would even work. He usually waives my 3rd party fees as I do a lot of business with him.

ETA - There is another thread for this discussion here.

Fox News host asks for example of one lie from the WH about Corona virus.

Fox News host Dana Perino got more than she bargained for on Wednesday when she challenged Biden campaign adviser Symone Sanders to provide “one example of a lie from the White House on the coronavirus pandemic.” 

Perino had played comments from presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s virtual commencement address for Columbia Law School on Wednesday, during which Biden said, “You can build a truly representative democracy with more facts than lies.”

“So, I’m assuming that former Vice President Biden is saying that President Trump is the one that he’s talking about there, and lies about the coronavirus,” Perino said. “What specifically would he be talking about?”

Sanders responded that there has been a lot of misinformation about the virus, and “some of it, in fact, has come from the White House.” She pointed out the Trump administration’s failure to “act quickly and with urgency” in January and February. Biden would continue to call these failures out, Sanders added.

“But you, you don’t have [a lie] off the top of your head? I can’t think of one,” Perino insisted. “I would just like even one example of a lie from the White House about the coronavirus pandemic,” she added after Sanders noted there were “so many” to choose from.

the rest

You may note how much class Biden's campaign manager has.

5 hours ago, fraufruit said:

@cybil I wonder if you could endorse it to me and mail it to my US account. I could then Paypal the money to you once it clears and shows up on my account. I check my account daily. It would take a little while. 

Let me know and I'll ask my banker how it should be endorsed or if it would even work. He usually waives my 3rd party fees as I do a lot of business with him.

I can vouch for fraufruit's trustworthiness. We should take any further discussion to email or personal message.

6 minutes ago, john g. said:

My hometown in England... lovely sunny day yesterday .. and then? Sigh...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52754039

I can understand the frustration, though.

Looks like the parked cars are doing better at social distancing than the people are!

People in general are really quite stupid, John!

3 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Looks like the parked cars are doing better at social distancing than the people are!

People in general are really quite stupid, John

And the litter bugs, Rob, when you scroll down🙁. Just like here.

It makes my blood boil.🙁

Just now, john g. said:

And the litter bugs, Rob, when you scroll down🙁 Just like here.

It makes my blood boil.🙁

- one could say that the bins are too small, but on the other hand, we grew up taking our rubbish home with us, didn`t we?

Yep, Rob! Pre- junk food take aways!

Mind you...I personally was about 5 when I chucked a chocolate bar wrapping onto the pavement and didn‘t notice a policeman just a few feet away. 
„ Pick it up, sonny „ or similar!

So I did!😂

I have many failings and weaknesses but litter louting.. no!

I do remember the official Keep Britain tidy announcements on the telly as well. Must have been in the 60s or so.

5 minutes ago, john g. said:

I do remember the official Keep Britain tidy announcements on the telly as well. Must have been in the 60s or so.

I remember them too, so we`ll say the 70s, shall we?!

Ha, Rob! No, that was The Who smashing guitars era!😂

Or was that the late 60s?

🥱😜🙈

In my pre- corona childhood (1950s), we also had some dangerous non- corona stuff doing the rounds. I had mastoiditis, for example, and remember being in a hospital ward with loads of other kids with the same. My memory is of kids with bandages on their faces. A bit like with the masks right now...there but for the grace of God, as they say...

6 hours ago, fraufruit said:

ETA - There is another thread for this discussion here.

Kindest post of the day.🙏🏻

12 minutes ago, robinson100 said:

Hey John, neither of us are wrong!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Britain_Tidy

- started in the 60s and was definitely still going strong in the 70s! I clearly remember crisp packets having the "Keep Britain tidy" logo on them!

Just checked the link! Thank you! This page says 1955😂

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_Britain_Tidy

Rob! You are FAR too young to know these things! Please leave it to us oldies to set you right!😂

Anyway, to stay on topic, if we find any corona at the beach tomorrow, we’ll bin it!

We have politically incorrect plastic bags for rubbish in the car. 🙏🏻

Tens of thousands of coronavirus tests have been double-counted, officials admit

Tens of thousands of Covid-19 tests have been double-counted in the Government’s official tally, public health officials have admitted.

Diagnostic tests which involve taking saliva and nasal samples from the same patient are being counted as two tests, not one.

The Department of Health and Social Care and Public Health England each confirmed the double-counting.

This inflates the daily reported diagnostic test numbers by over 20 per cent, with that proportion being much higher earlier on in the crisis before home test kits were added to the daily totals.

Almost 350,000 more tests have been reported in Government data than people tested since the start of the pandemic.

Public Health England oversee the testing of patients who are seriously ill in hospital, as well as the most critical key workers.

The test involves a swab from the mouth and nose as well as a sample of saliva. Although both of these are taken from the same patient, they are counted twice by the Government in its daily data.

I guess they went to the Trump school of mathematics...