Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,512 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, kiplette said:

Because she works at Maccers behind a fryer, and is getting less than 70% of the oxygen she should be getting and that makes her tired.

Was that an actual question - therefore you are quite stupid, or a pretend question, in which case really mean? 

Of course there won't be an actual answer to that but sheesh.

Some people. 

How am I supposed to know that she's works there and they are restricting her oxygen intake, which frankly, sounds mean if not illegal?  

Travel 2020

5ec274c8d5cd9_travel2020.jpg.b6191112d9c

Will the Germans be putting masks on the sunbeds this year?

Just received a postcard notification for Legionella testing in our building on 2nd.June

It has strict instructions for distancing when the technician arrives...

I think that Trump refuses to wear a mask because it will mess up his spray-on tan.

UPDATE: 4:53 p.m. ET ― Officials for Ford Motor Co. have backpedaled on a decree that President Donald Trump wear a mask when he visits a plant in Ypsilanti, Michigan, on Thursday, Bloomberg reported.

A company spokeswoman told the outlet Ford would defer to the White House’s own policies on mask-wearing.

PREVIOUSLY:

When President Donald Trump visits a Ford Motor Co. plant on Thursday, he may finally have to do something he’s resisted up to this point: wear a mask.

The president is scheduled to visit the Rawsonville Components Plant in Ypsilanti, Michigan, even though the visit technically violates an executive order from Gov. Gretchen Whitmer that prohibits “nonessential” plant tours.

However, the governor’s office has signaled it will not stand in the way of the visit, Whitmer spokesman Zack Pohl told Crain’s Detroit.

“While the president’s visit is contrary to the governor’s order, this is an opportunity to showcase how important Michigan is to the response to COVID-19 and rebuilding our nation’s economy.”

But there is a catch: Ford officials say they will insist the mask-averse president will have to wear one during his visit.

“Our policy is that everyone wears PPE to prevent the spread of COVID-19,” a Ford spokesperson told The Detroit Bureau. “We shared all of Ford’s safety protocols, including our manufacturing playbook, employee pamphlet and self-assessment survey with the White House ahead of time and in preparation for this trip.”

It remains to be seen whether Trump will follow the reasonable request, especially since he wouldn’t wear a mask when touring a mask factory in Arizona earlier this month.

“I don’t think that I’m going to be doing it,” he said after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its guidelines to encourage mask usage.

White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on whether the president planned to go along with the mask order.

When asked Tuesday whether he would don the mask on Thursday, the president told reporters, “Where it’s appropriate, I would do it, certainly.”

17 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I think that Trump refuses to wear a mask because it will mess up his spray-on tan.

Well, then he needs to up his "Hydroxy" (sic) dose!

19 minutes ago, Metall said:

Well, then he needs to up his "Hydroxy" (sic) dose!

I'm sure he's way ahead of you, Metall:

5ec5082615f72_91jjnboUxML._SX679_PIbundl

Congress should have taken this  requirement out of the PPP bill before passing it if they didn't intend on doing it.

Democratic politicians are unhappy with the Trump administration’s latest report on the coronavirus pandemic.

The Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act requires the Trump administration to submit reports on coronavirus testing that includes available “data on demographic characteristics, including in a de-identified and disaggregated manner, race, ethnicity, age, sex, geographic region, and other relevant factors of individuals tested for or diagnosed with COVID-19,” and “information on the number and rates of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths as a result of COVID-19.” 

The four-page report from CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield acknowledged that there are disparities in how minority groups are affected by the virus but contained no new or original data. Furthermore, the included list of six different items with links to CDC data didn’t differentiate data by race. 

“What Congress required was a comprehensive report on health disparities related to the COVID-19 pandemic,” Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA), a ranking member of the Senate health committee, said. “What we got from President Trump was a lazy, four-page copy and paste project that links to a handful of limited, previously available data sets. This wholly inadequate response tells us nothing except what we already knew: the Trump administration would prefer to ignore the disproportionate impact this crisis is having on communities of color.”

the rest

I an not a smoker but I wonder whether that  „ contraption „ would work!🥱

Maybe there‘s a Heath-Robinson version in the pipeline!😜

Top Tory admits government 'chose' not to test in care homes - and deaths a 'huge regret'

A top Tory has admitted the government "chose" not to test people for coronavirus in care homes for more than a month while the pandemic spread.

Robert Buckland accepted "we needed to make a choice" about what to do with the capacity the government had back in March.

The Justice Secretary added there are now "huge issues" in care homes - at least 38% of which have a Covid-19 outbreak with more than 11,000 deaths.

He told Sky News: "We’ve seen a great tragedy in our care homes which is a matter of huge regret."

It is a rare admission from the government that it was a choice to stop widespread testing in care homes.