Coronachat - vents, whines, flummoxes & miscellaneous

2,537 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

VOE-bias.JPG.3f7b546b076150cf8ffa6334bfd

Hope this answers your questions, John. Looks like you missed it the first time.

I didn‘t miss it the first time, Jeffo!

There may be more than one Voice of Europe for all I know.  Probably not.. but anyway! Please don‘t be so condescending!😂😜

Don‘t try or dare to frighten me, Jeffo!🙏🏻😂

We will be making the most of our new ( legal ) freedom and lack of tourists tomorrow morning . We will be going to the beach! We will take some grub and flasks of coffee: a salad , some fruit, a couple of dogs, boiled eggs etc.

(Dogs for dessert if food supplies run out— just for clarity)🙏🏻

AND- jump into the water. This is May and the tourist season and no one here!

Freedumb!!🙏🏻
Moving up towards 30C. 

Then at some stage... fall asleep.

Stay safe everyone. This could be anyone‘s last summer. Ours, too.

Keep on truckin‘ as best as we all can...

More bullshit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ycw-nBp94

from Angry Foreigner (a refugee, his parents fled from Bosnia when he was 5 or so)

Despite he is citing normal newspapers, he must be wrong because he is not left wing.

(Don't believe everything you hear through official channels from Sweden. Remember Assange?)

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

The rest of you don't even know this but we know it is bullshit, john g. 

:D

The radio propaganda in Europe used to be the Voice of America in the Cold War days, fraufruit!

I remember „ dem „ days!

🙏🏻
I only trust James Bond movie sources for my info!

😂

3 minutes ago, john g. said:

The radio propaganda in Europe used to be the Voice of America in the Cold War days, fraufruit!

I remember „ dem „ days!

Years ago, I knew two old guys, one was my US tax preparer, who were Ami spies under the guise of working for VoA. Their jobs were so secret that they didn't get a pension. They got screwed over. They put a lot of Russians in safe houses in Munich and other stuff. Yes, 2 different guys. Unrelated. Told me the same stories. They were both in their 70's and still having to work.

3 hours ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

I am glad I don't live in Sweden.

I don't know if it's really true but about a month ago, an Icelandic newspaper, one of the old ones, not yellow press, ran an interview with an Icelandic doctor working in Sweden.  It was anonymous because he didn't want to get in trouble apparently but he said they don't have enough protective gear  or tests and that they are running mixed wards with Covid patients side by side with non-Covid patients.  He said that the intensive care does not have room for everybody so they prioritize, young people come first.

He ended up getting sick with Covid symptoms himself as well as his wife.  When he called in sick and asked about getting tested and informing his coworkers, they told him that neither is necessary and that he should stay home until better plus 2 days and then come back to work.

I conveyed this to two Swedish guys I know and they just said that Sweden is doing fine and that many other countries don't have enough protective gear either.

There was the famous spy scandal which Thatcher even mentioned in the House of Commons-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Blunt

His number two , a Brit and former Cambridge University professor ( not involved in the spy scandal ) lives in our village. A lovely man- makes jam as a hobby meanwhile and offers it to people. Even older than me!😂
Art historian- Rembrandt is his area of expertise.

Any thoughts on Boris Johnson? Doing a good job, bad job? Piers Morgan is just taking the piss out of him on a daily basis. My impression is he's hated by a very vocal minority including some of my FB friends. UK seems to be, sort of, following Sweden's example. Stay home except when you don't.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

I only trust James Bond movie sources for my info!

😂

As Sean Connery might have put it:  "Ah, Mish Moneypenny, you're a shite...

.....for shore eyesh...:P

Soooo, Boris's pre-recorded (in order to avoid awkward questions) message to 'the people' basically said "Waffle, waffle, waffle, more waffle, stay alert"

Alert for WHAT? Huge Covid-19 balls falling from the sky?

...and people actually voted for the cretin!

11 hours ago, Rushrush said:

Any thoughts on Boris Johnson? Doing a good job, bad job? My impression is he's hated by a very vocal minority including some of my FB friends.

You must have a very small presence on FB, it's full of anti tory & anti Bozo sites.

As for 'doing a good job', he and his cabinet are totally inept, stupid even. Because of Bozo's failure to act on warnings of the severity of the Pandemic, the UK has the highest mortality rate in Europe, possibly the world.They have completely failed to provide sufficient protective clothing for the front line medical staff, which has also resulted in fatalities.

They answer only to their billionaire owners...

From the BBC report: " and was made by Russia's Ural machine-building plant. "

Ural.jpg.95bccafc2f5fc12a723321cebae2ea5

First motorcycles than ventilators?

2 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

You must have a very small presence on FB, it's full of anti tory & anti Bozo sites.

As for 'doing a good job', he and his cabinet are totally inept, stupid even. Because of Bozo's failure to act on warnings of the severity of the Pandemic, the UK has the highest mortality rate in Europe, possibly the world.They have completely failed to provide sufficient protective clothing for the front line medical staff, which has also resulted in fatalities.

They answer only to their billionaire owners...

Not too many UK friends on FB. Follow More UK twitterers but oddly have seen few comments mentions complaints about Boris.  Anyways my impression was that Boris was doing a Trump imitation. Seems that was confirmed. Any idea if it is affecting his poll numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Rushrush said:

Not too many UK friends on FB. Follow More UK twitterers but oddly have seen few comments mentions complaints about Boris.  Anyways my impression was that Boris was doing a Trump imitation. Seems that was confirmed. Any idea if it is affecting his poll numbers. 

Here, let me google that for you.

This looks pretty recent.