Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help on grammar check: German Language, CV, Letters & Emails

2 posts in this topic

HI everyone! I'm in the midst of applying for a job and trying to send follow-up emails in German.

I created this topic since I can't find someone to proof read my follow-up email and I badly need to send it. 

What do you guys think of my job application follow-up email.

Can someone also correct some German grammar mistakes please?

I also heard from a German friend that sending follow-up emails in Germany is not common. 

Here's my email in both English and German:

EN:

Good day! I hope everything is going well. I have submitted a job application together with my CV & portfolio earlier this month for the XXXX position. I understand how busy you are, but I still want to express my interest about the opportunity to join XXXX team. I believe my skills and experience in xxx & xxxx would be an ideal match for this position.

Please let me know if you need any more details about my application. I am looking forward to speaking with you and sharing my ideas on how to contribute to the growing team of XXXX. 
Thank you for your consideration.

DE:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

(How to translate- I hope everything is going well? lol) ich habe, vor XX Wochen, Ihnen meine Bewerbung für die Stelle XXX, zusammen mit meinem Lebenslauf und Portfolio, zugeschickt. Ich verstehe natürlich wie sehr beschäftigt Sie sind.  Trotzdem, möchte ich meine Interesse an der Möglichkeit, sich dem Team XXX anzuschließen, äußern. Ich bin überzeugt davon, dass meine Kompetenzen und Erfahrung im XXX und im XXX für diese Stelle ideal passend wären.

Bitte geben Sie mir Bescheid, falls Sie jegliche weitere Informationen über meine Bewerbung brauchen.   
Ich freue mich darauf mit Ihnen sprechen zu können und meine Idden dafür, wie ich den wachsenden Team XXX unterstützen könnte, vorstellen zu dürfen.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Berücksichtigung meiner Bewerbung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
xXX

I hope someone can help me with the grammar. ;)

33 minutes ago, wanderboy said:

I also heard from a German friend that sending follow-up emails in Germany is not common. 

Very, very true.  I don't recommend it.  You've sent it, they have it.  You need do nothing more.  If you absolutely want to, give it about 4 weeks before you do so.  A follow up too soon will not be well received.

Also, do not write 'Good day and I hope everything is going well'.  Much too familar.  German business (depending upon the size of the firm) is going to be very formal.  Those two phrases are 'chit chat' or 'small talk'...not to be written in a business letter.

Better:

I submitted a job application together with my CV & portfolio earlier this month for the XXXX position, and I'd like to following up and express my interest about the opportunity to join XXXX team. I believe my skills and experience in xxx & xxxx would be an ideal match for this position.

Please let me know if you have questions or comments pertaining to my application. I look forward to speaking with you and sharing ideas on how to contribute to the growing team of XXXX. 
Thank you for your consideration.