MVV Isar Weekly Card Validity

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

Last week we got a 1 Week IsarCard from the machine and it said valid Monday 02.Mar to Sunday 08.Mar (not Monday 09.Mar).

Seemingly expire EOF Sunday, not even full week. Is it possible to use it for 1 week or buy a 1 Week IsarCard that is good for 1 week from day of purchase ?

(side note: look like MVV App doesn't sell WeeklyCard - sneaky business practice)

BR

It works like this. A weekly ticket is valid the rest of the purchase day (say MON). Then we go: TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT, SUN.. As you can see, you do have 7 days of validity. What you lose is the time of the first day until the purchase time.

AYe, bloody 'ell, what a sneaky business practise to only allow 7 days in a week and not 8.

Bought Monday night at 19:30 - Should it not be good until the next Monday night 19:30 ?

1 hour ago, _only_bob_ said:

Bought Monday night at 19:30 - Should it not be good until the next Monday night 19:30 ?

It is good for:

1. Monday (the day you bought it, not the time)

2. Tuesday

3. Wednesday

4. Thursday

5. Friday

6. Saturday

7. Sunday (until 3 or 4 AM, technically Monday)

That’s 7 days. You should have started it on Tuesday if you needed it for the following Monday. 

It works by the day, not the time the ticket was bought. That’s the way it is in Munich; you need to plan ahead. 

it runs til noon on the day after the date of expiration:

Die Wochenkarte gilt an sieben aufeinanderfolgenden Tagen. Zudem gilt sie über den letzten Geltungstag hinaus bis 12 Uhr des nächsten Tages.
Beispiel: Kaufen Sie am Mittwoch Ihre Wochenkarte, gilt diese bis Mittwoch 12 Uhr der folgenden Woche. 

from the mvv site:  https://www.mvv-muenchen.de/tickets/zeitkarten-abos/isarcard/index.html

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

it runs til noon on the day after the date of expiration:

Die Wochenkarte gilt an sieben aufeinanderfolgenden Tagen. Zudem gilt sie über den letzten Geltungstag hinaus bis 12 Uhr des nächsten Tages.
Beispiel: Kaufen Sie am Mittwoch Ihre Wochenkarte, gilt diese bis Mittwoch 12 Uhr der folgenden Woche. 

from the mvv site:  https://www.mvv-muenchen.de/tickets/zeitkarten-abos/isarcard/index.html

Oh wow! I always thought it was 3 or 4 AM. 

So ok. I took the card to an agent at Hauptbahnof. They read it, squinted and said aah yea the machine printed Sunday on ticket but ...

Yes in reality it's good until Monday 12 noon even if printing on ticket saying Sunday is bit misleading. Thanks everyone !

SideNote : Confirmed not possible to buy Weekly IsarCard using MVV App. Agent said it make it too easy for people to save money ;-p

The tickets have always been printed with the last FULL day of validity.  

I don't understand how buying a weekly ticket saves money unless you're comparing it to daily tickets or streifenkarte.  If you need it regularly, a monthly ticket is cheaper by at least 13 euros over a weekly (at 4 weeks to the month which only works in february)

14 hours ago, lisa13 said:

The tickets have always been printed with the last FULL day of validity.  

I don't understand how buying a weekly ticket saves money unless you're comparing it to daily tickets or streifenkarte.  If you need it regularly, a monthly ticket is cheaper by at least 13 euros over a weekly (at 4 weeks to the month which only works in february)

What is to understand? Weekly tickets are cheaper than daily ones as you stated, is that not saving money if you only need a weeks worth of travel.

14 hours ago, _only_bob_ said:

Agent said it make it too easy for people to save money

this is what I was responding to.  Like there is some huuuuuuge market of people visiting for a week at a time and the MVV just wants to screw them out of their cash ;)

come on.  I already said "unless you're comparing it to a day ticket or streifenkarte". 

Just to be more clear, you can't buy any of the IsarCards via the mvv app.  I really doubt it has anything to do with trying to prevent people from saving money but yeah, let the conspiracy theories blossom