Car incident

12 posts in this topic

Hi all, today I was in my car checking my phone messages on the shop parking lot. Suddenly, the person from the car parked next to me opened his door and hit my car leaving a mark. I have his insurance details. Would you please helped me - what should I do next – I need to call his insurance and then what are the options?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Firstly, you phone your insurance company and tell them what happened and the details of who hit your car.

At some stage you will be asked to go to a garge that does repairs, and get a quote or two and let your insurance compnay know how much the repairs will cost.

They will then contact the insurance company of the one who hit you and arrange for them to pay the costs.

Roughly.

Thank you robinson100 for the fast reply. But I don´t understand why should I involve my insurance company when I have no fault?

Do you have written acknowledgement by the cuprit that he/she was at fault? If not, getting that is the first thing I´d do. You don´t have to deal with any insurance yourself if you don´t want to - but it would probably speed up the process. Of course, you can communicate with the culprit only and let him deal with his insurance. You also don´t have to have the damage repaired but you can demand the cost of repair (minus VAT) as per a quote of a repairshop to be paid to you (unless the cost of repair is higher that the value of your car).  Plus the cost of a rental car (minus a deduction for what you saved by not using your own). AFAIK you could also mandate a lawyer and the culprit´s insurance would have to pay for that (better ask about that before signing a mandate though).

Thank you very much for the help. I will write my insurance company explaining the situation. I have a favourite service where I always repair my car probably I should go and take a quote. But what exactly should I write my insurance - what exactly happened and attach the fotos and the info and ask them if they could please clarify it for me ? Können Sie das bitte für mich klären. and I will inform them that I will take a quote from my service later and send it to them? and then wait something like that or?

BTW could this count like a Schadenfall for my insurance?

On 07/03/2020, 21:47:14, robinson100 said:

Firstly, you phone your insurance company and tell them what happened and the details of who hit your car.

At some stage you will be asked to go to a garge that does repairs, and get a quote or two and let your insurance compnay know how much the repairs will cost.

They will then contact the insurance company of the one who hit you and arrange for them to pay the costs.

Roughly.

I did it and HUK24 just wrote:

Sie müssen sich selbst an die Versicherung des Unfallverursachers wenden. Wir dürfen Ihre Ansprüche
dort nicht geltend machen.

On 8.3.2020, 19:51:29, Lotzo said:

Thank you very much for the help. I will write my insurance company explaining the situation. I have a favourite service where I always repair my car probably I should go and take a quote. But what exactly should I write my insurance - what exactly happened and attach the fotos and the info and ask them if they could please clarify it for me ? Können Sie das bitte für mich klären. and I will inform them that I will take a quote from my service later and send it to them? and then wait something like that or?

As you found out already your own insurance has nothing to do with it. You have to claim from the opponent´s insurance. Tell them what happened, they will contact their customer for confirmation and then you have to negotiate with them what you want them to pay for (or have a lawyer do it for you).  When my daughter had an accident without being at fault with my car I used a lawyer and didn´t regret it. He negotiated quite a good deal for me and claimed for things I wasn´t even aware I was entitled to (or didn´t know to how much).

46 minutes ago, jeba said:

When my daughter had an accident without being at fault with my car I used a lawyer and didn´t regret it. He negotiated quite a good deal for me and claimed for things I wasn´t even aware I was entitled to (or didn´t know to how much).

Can you use the rechtsschutzversicherung  for paying the lawyer?

What kind of insurance do you have?

If you have Vollkasko, contact YOUR insurance company and give them details of the accident location and date/time and the owner details of the other car. His Perso ID and his car's license number is enough.

All insurance is available to your insurance company and they will contact and handle the comms with the other guy's insurer and the further progression of your case.

8 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Can you use the rechtsschutzversicherung  for paying the lawyer?

Why should he do that if he´s not at fault? The opponent´s insurance will have to pay for a lawyer - it´s part of the damage caused.

Hi guys,

I`m using a lawyer and I´m going for the fiktiven Abrechnung.

The lawyer wrote to the other insuranse company:

Bitte gleichen Sie die vorstehend bezifferten Schadenersatzansprüche auf einem unserer Kanzleikonten.

Is this ok? Shouldn´t they transfer the money directly to me?

Thank you very much for your replies