Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

garages in Kaiserslautern Areas (car storage)

8 posts in this topic

Dear All

Can anyone recommend or advise me where to look to store a car for the winter?

The one my father had in Kaiserslautern has closed down so looking for another one in Kaiserslautern - Miesau, etc areas. 

Much appreciated :D

5 minutes ago, Kimla said:

Dear All

Can anyone recommend or advise me where to look to store a car for the winter?

The one my father had in Kaiserslautern has closed down so looking for another one in Kaiserslautern - Miesau, etc areas. 

Much appreciated :D

Don't bother- Spring is on the way!

thank you :D i do agree with you. spring is on way but dad has 3 old cars and can't drive all so one is usually in a garage - off the road. 

Many supermarkets have information boards where customers can place adverts, offer services etc

Why not put up a notice that you are looking for a garage?

2 hours ago, Kimla said:

thank you :D i do agree with you. spring is on way but dad has 3 old cars and can't drive all so one is usually in a garage - off the road. 

But according to the other thread that you couldnt be arsed to reply to...   They shouldnt be driving at all...

Sell the cars...  Problem solved..

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/384906-dodea-retiree/?page=1

Spider Pig i sent an email explaining all the politics of the German Council vs US retirees. And my mum is driving. The garage is for another car they have. And until dad figures out if he'll sell he needs a garage. i would never ignore someone on purpose. i swear i never do that ever on email. i try my damnedest to help my parents sort things but if they want to do it their way i can only do my best esp with me working in UK and going back n forth.thank you very much xxKim

So, did they sort out their driving licences, and resident status?  Judging from your other post, they may well be driving illegally!!

RedMidge, mum is fine. She has her licence. Dad i am assuming is working on it or its sorted. He hasn't said. Mum did find documents from military for Dodea employees & retirees who are entitled to swap USAREUR to German licence and how to apply and who to go to. i haven't asked them lately so.. only because landlord is doing building work on house & putting in new windows so theyve not stopped.

As for the garage i put them in touch with an old friend of theirs who is helping them! 

i want thank everyone for all their advice and its very much appreciated.

i will defintely suggest notice boards next time they ask me something!!

i hope to be in Germany soon but i guess that depends on all this Coronavirus stuff i.e. travelling.

God bless you all