Finding a social circle

27 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Fromm said:

A glass of sekt also can also go well with a light breakfest in the mornings.

Are you sure that the breakfast should be light?! :unsure:

Since the OP hasn`t mentioned what his hobby is, it is difficult to make suggestions in that direction.

I think doing VHS courses is a great way to meet people, and sometimes you meet somebody that you get on with really well!

Other than that, I would suggest doing voluntary work of some kind - maybe at the local Tierheim, Tafel or even fire brigade. There are plenty of activities you can get involved in as a volunteer, you just have to choose which one(s) you want to try out.

10 hours ago, Fromm said:

I seldom drink anymore than a few beers nowadays. My tolerance to alcohol is so high there is not much point in it anymore. I would literally have to set my alarm to get up extra early and instantly start doing shots of tequila to have any chance at being drunk by the end of the day.

That explains a lot.

On 5/31/2020, 11:16:37, Metall said:

That explains a lot.

Do you have any advice to offer to OP or do you just come here to trash people?  Anyway the VHS thing is good advice also, I've meet a couple cool people there. I'm not sure the volunteer thing is an easy option if you are an auslander..