What town is nice to live in north of Munich if you are sending child to BIS?

8 posts in this topic

Hello!  I am wondering what towns are nice to live in north of Munich that are close to BIS?

We are relocating next school year and are looking into BIS.  With my husband's commute, central Munich or South of Munich is not an option.  We'd love to find an area that is family-friendly and has a nice quality of life, yet convenient-or relatively close- to BIS. 

I greatly appreciate any insight one can share! Thank you so much! 

Hiya, anywhere around Haimhausen is nice. The towns on the S1 are all fine and you will have good connections to the airport and Munich. Be aware the school have recently reported that some new families have had to turn down places because they can't find anywhere to live. So don't be too fusy!

Years ago when my son was at BIS, many of the families we knew lived in Pfaffenhofen. It has really grown a lot so plenty of things to do there and not a bad train ride into Munich.

Good luck!

Thank you so much to both of these replies!  We will definitely look into the S1 towns and Pfaffenhofen, as well as make sure we find a place early enough so we wouldn't have to turn down a placement! Thank you, agrains,  for the head's up! :)

Best,

Shannon

Hi Shannon, BIS parents here too! I guess you are going for the Haimhausen campus, right? Are you aware that there is a city campus too?

Hi Mike,

Thank you! Yes, I am aware there is also a city campus. My husband will be commuting to Augsburg for work, so the Haimhausen campus makes more sense for us in that regard. 
Is your child at Haimhausen or City campus?

I would like to be in a town with other families with children in the school (a few at least, if possible)- or at least in proximity. If you have any input, I’d appreciate it! Thanks again! :) 

3 hours ago, SMichl said:

Hi Mike,

Thank you! Yes, I am aware there is also a city campus. My husband will be commuting to Augsburg for work, so the Haimhausen campus makes more sense for us in that regard. 
Is your child at Haimhausen or City campus?

My kid is in the city campus.

3 hours ago, SMichl said:

I would like to be in a town with other families with children in the school (a few at least, if possible)- or at least in proximity. If you have any input, I’d appreciate it! Thanks again! :) 

Lots of families in Haimhausen and Unterschleissheim. Personally I don´t like Unterschleissheim.

Haimhausen is quite nice, but no S Bahn, poor cell network and internet. I heard that there are more houses available there since Microsoft left, but in the meantime BMW set up a R&D center nearby...