Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seeking information about International School Augsburg and BIS?

2 posts in this topic

Dear TT Community,

Our family will be relocating from the US to either the Munich or Augsburg area this summer. We have a 6 year-old son presently in first grade, so I am actively researching international schools in both areas.  The problem we are facing is that my husband’s office is outside of Augsburg (commute from Munich area would not be ideal), however, the logical choices look to be either BIS or the International School Augsburg.

I am wondering if anyone has any information/experiences to share about International School Augsburg? I can't seem to find any discussion on TT about this school. I know it is relatively new —how does it compare to BIS? (or does it?- I have read a few questionable reviews).  

Furthermore, if one would need to live north of Munich and send a child to BIS, what would be a good town to live in that may have other expat families/other families with children at BIS? 

I very much appreciate any advice or insight that one can offer! Thank you so much! :)

Did you not read the responses to your question about where to live if your kid goes to BIS? 

Anyway I wanted to add that I have colleagues that commute from Augsburg to Munich every day. If you are doing it the other way it should be slightly easier because you're going against the flow of traffic.