Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

not relevant dead thread

5 posts in this topic

Before I post I must apologise on behalf of this foolish chap, his monthly (as in the 83euro one) ticket was one day off or something, anyway, he's asked me to ask here, so I'm doing it out of politeness, but I like many here believe people should pay fines, I've done it myself happily via transfer. 

However this guy is financially struggling, so if he was to go to the office and show my VBB-ABO card, would he be able to pay 7euro instead of 60 euro?

It's not something I feel comfortable about tbh, so he can sort it out himself, in the time since posting I've decided against it for a few reasons, sorry for the useless post. 

I've thankfully gained the German sense of justice - don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine :)

1 minute ago, terenceterence said:

It's not something I feel comfortable about tbh, so he can sort it out himself, in the time since posting I've decided against it for a few reasons, sorry for the useless post. 

I've thankfully gained the German sense of justice - don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine :)

Wise decision.  Unfortunate for your friend, but fraud could rebound on you.

29 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Wise decision.  Unfortunate for your friend, but fraud could rebound on you.

And make things much worse for him too. I am sure they are completely aware of people trying this, and would require photo ID.  I know people who have tried to trick system re not having a ticket, but most have ended up in a much worse position, court case, fine, community service.  Except one  English woman years ago, who genuinely lost her ticket and was so outraged at being frogmarched off the tram and to their offices, that she picked up the phone from the table and threw it against the wall.  They let her go, saying "she is obviously mad".  Would not recommend this!