Mass Shooting in Hanau

129 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Keleth said:

I`m guilty of derailing threads sometimes but for fucks sake do you lot have to do it in this one.

Have a little bit of decency and shake your dicks somewhere else.

Haven't got one. What would you now like to recommend?

3 hours ago, Metall said:

BTW, when my latest band project found out a member was posting his sympathy for Björn Höcke, he was instantaneously removed without further discussion

Not sure this is helpful. It may well radicalise him even more.

7 minutes ago, jeba said:

If the guy wanted to be in a band, he has some social drive. The rest of the population must exact a price from people who start down the right wing radical path. The easiest is social. A person with a social drive (IRL social, not online nonsense like we do here) will correct the behavior that ostracized them.

On 20/02/2020, 16:03:39, emkay said:

What is the modern definition of a N a zi/neo N? Maybe there are more around us than we think?

A  nazi is anyone who leans Conservative, i.e Brexit supporters, Trump voters, anyone calling for the barricades to come and the rule of law to be followed (except Justin Trudeau). On the left it's anyone who supports gay or womens rights. In other words  50-90% of the population at any given time is a Nazi.

A good article about this mentioned the issue comes back to the wall. The holocaust was processed in the west while completely ignored in the East. Once the wall fell the West came in and “took over” the land leading to a lot of resentment. Merkels invite lead to the rise of the AFD. Note this is a very simple summary of a very long article. Secondly the rise of (actual) Neo-nazis has mostly been ignored, this going back 20 years or more. 

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

The rest of the population must exact a price from people who start down the ... path.

The digital Stalinism you crave might not be the digital Stalinism you get.    

51 minutes ago, balticus said:

Exclusion of adults for poor behavior is regularly practiced in all democracies. Now, if you are trying to tell me that Metall's former bandmate is a child, there would be a different set of social protocols. I'm going to guess he's an adult, though. We would also be remiss if we did not note that Germany is in the process of enacting even more strident laws with respect to hate speech. 

ICYMI

If the bill is signed into law, social media networks would have to report online hate crimes to Germany's Federal Criminal Police (BKA). Such hate speech posts include far-right propaganda, graphic portrayals of violence, murder or rape threats, posts indicating that someone is preparing a terrorist attack or distributions of child sex abuse images. The networks are already required to delete such posts from their platforms.

The bill also expands the definition of criminal hate speech to include threats of rape or property damage, as well as expressions of approval for serious crimes. Additionally, crimes motivated by anti-Semitism would result in higher sentences.

So, as you can see, Germany, the land in which most of the TT posters reside, has no issues with social exclusion in the form of incarceration and expulsion (in the case of foreigners). Are you saying that you find exclusion in the form of incarceration too harsh or are you saying that the general public should wait until the government excludes someone through incarceration and take no lesser independent actions within the law? Or, are you saying that Germany, as a sovereign nation, has no right to establish acceptable speech? I just want to see where you set the goalposts here.

Edited for content.

3 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Haven't got one. What would you now like to recommend?

Yes I know you haven`t got one but you know what I meant.

So stop waving your dildo around.

4 hours ago, jeba said:

But if they left him in then he`d think his views were acceptable ?

1 hour ago, balticus said:

This is always a part of the problem.

When something swings towards the far right or far left everything seems then set to swing it back to the hard left or right.

This seemed to be what the Labour Party thought in the last election that people fed up with the country leaning more to the right wanted an alternative in the far left.

21 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Additionally, crimes motivated by anti-Semitism would result in higher sentences.

I can`t understand this and yes we all know the history and not wanting it to repeat itself but why should a hate crime against Jews be treated as more heinous than one against Blacks,gays,muslims etc ?

@Keleth To ignore the reasons for this is to ignore the history of Germany. I can't help you see what you don't want to see.

9 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@Keleth To ignore the reasons for this is to ignore the history of Germany. I can't help you see what you don't want to see.

So if someone beats up someone because they`re black they get 6 months but if they beat up someone because he`s Jewish they`ll get a year for example ?

All that does is feed the hatred because in their minds that makes Jews yet more answerable because they`re being treated differently.

A hate crime is a hate crime no matter the target of said crime.

@Keleth I can't help you on this and I'm not arguing the point. You know why this is so and you don't want to accept it for your own reasons. You need to look at that and/or find some acceptance that this is the world you live in and not some optimized one where everything is equal. 

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Stop calling me a Nazi, you Stalinist!

11 hours ago, Metall said:

BTW, when my latest band project found out a member was posting his sympathy for Björn Höcke, he was instantaneously removed without further discussion. I am proud of the Germans I play music with. :)

7 hours ago, jeba said:

7 hours ago, AlexTr said:

If the guy wanted to be in a band, he has some social drive. The rest of the population must exact a price from people who start down the right wing radical path. The easiest is social. A person with a social drive (IRL social, not online nonsense like we do here) will correct the behavior that ostracized them.

3 hours ago, Keleth said:

But if they left him in then he`d think his views were acceptable ?

Exactly.

This new band is associated with a well know club. To protect the club's reputation, any association with this kind of leanings had to be avoided at all cost.

It was actually a club representative who removed this guy. There was no wiggle room for his precious feelings (AND he didn't take down his right wing posts either, so there).

Another example: When a certain TT member with gardening expertise started down the path to right wing ideology and propaganda, my family immediately scrapped their plans to hire him for gardening and renovation work. I have Turkish relatives, and we can't have these people around. Self protection is paramount.

I  believe that every person who spreads hate talk and right wing propaganda in the media is -  statistically speaking - inciting random "lone wolves" (German: "Einzeltaeter") to violence, and thus has blood on their hands.

#stochasticterrorism

I believe that every person needs to stand up to these leanings, in great and in small ways.

We may not be perfect in our resistance, but we have to at least try.

You know, in the conceivable scenario of  the New Right taking over in Germany and the US, and me on a plane escaping to Tasmania, I want to at least be able to say: "I did what I could to prevent this".

[/gets off soapbox again]

@ murphaph
Of course we are all online. But I bet we're not (all) socially isolated the way this rooster was. I also believe he had psychological - if not psychiatric - problems.

3 minutes ago, onemark said:

@ murphaph
Of course we are all online. But I bet we're not (all) socially isolated the way this rooster was. I also believe he had psychological - if not psychiatric - problems.

Do you think ISIS lone wolves are psychologically stable? What about Lee Boyd Malvo? The truth is that millions of people have psychological problems and only a very few go on killing sprees. We have to totally shut down or firewall the internet sites where those ideas that spur them into deadly action are promoted. 

On 21.2.2020, 13:51:06, AlexTr said:

A lot of those folks rely on visas that are literally at the pleasure of the German government. Many of those same people railed indiscriminately against Muslims and work in companies with large Muslim staff numbers. Many of those people are here on SOFA status and would lose their ability to be here if the German government found out that they were violating the constitution and, therefore, SOFA that way. A lot of those people have multiple kids by multiple spouses or have lost jobs or what have you and, therefore, needed to use the same social system they were railing against. A lot of those people gladly boast of violating German laws here, but decry lawlessness in the refugee population.

Really? How on earth do you know? 

8 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Really? How on earth do you know? 

I'll answer you if you first define the terms many and a lot. :) I think you now see the answer.

2 hours ago, onemark said:

@ murphaph

Anyone that goes on a shooting spree has both