Mass Shooting in Hanau

129 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Anna66 said:

Terrible. It got 194 greenies too... I'm afraid you get idiots everywhere.

It has got really bad there since the Brexit vote. (see link below)

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-48692863

Fear breeds intolerance, intolerance breeds hate :(

I´m sure Brexit has triggered some racists  just waiting for the opportunity to " feel free " in their minds to spout what they want. Having a Govt seen as " hostile " to immigrants ( whether a justifiable opinion or not ) doesn´t help BUT I still believe an adult ( of sound mind ) OWNS their OWN idiocy and should be called out for their own stupidity and ignorance.

Whatever happened to taking responsibility for your own failings...rather than simply blame others?

8 hours ago, murphaph said:

Utterly disgusting person. When did England become so full of these racists? Were they always there lurking in the background?

Lurking in the background, sure. It has rightly been frowned on to be racist for a  long while (eg compared to when I grew up.)

But it isn´t restricted to England..if it were, it´d be easier to pin down why, I expect.

It is everywhere I have ever been in my life - sometimes racism, sometimes xenophobia, sometimes simply fear of the unknown, sometimes just the stress of life and sometimes just needing a scapegoat to blame others for your own failings.

And it is not restricted to any social class.

The only person responsible is the perpetrator, nobody else. He and he alone is guilty. To blame Merkel or even the EU is completely ----ing insane.

9 hours ago, murphaph said:

It looks like another Nazi scumbag has murdered at least 10 people before killing himself. The Bild posted images of the suspect and his alleged "manifesto" in which he rattles on for pages about how whites are superior.

And he even killed his own mother. Totally deranged. Not only a neo-Nazi in his beliefs and karma will have to have a word with him.

5 minutes ago, onemark said:

The only person responsible is the perpetrator, nobody else. He and he alone is guilty. To blame Merkel or even the EU is completely ----ing insane.

Yes! A perp of such an atrocity owns it. 

26 minutes ago, onemark said:

The only person responsible is the perpetrator, nobody else. 

Not always true.Who knows what groups he was a member of and what they preach.

4 hours ago, BradinBayern said:

Yep loads, Honda, Panasonic, Nissan, Toyota, and Sony to name a few.

Personally, I would prefer that the Nazis get thrown out.

Devil´s Advocate here! Would that include hate preachers in London etc who are not Brits?

Serious question.

8 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Not always true.Who knows what groups he was a member of and what they preach.

That´s a bit like a parent who says " my boy was in bad company. He kicked an old lady ."

The rule are different for teenagers and kids ok...but an adult? Should take responsibility for their own actions if sound of mind.

13 minutes ago, john g. said:

That´s a bit like a parent who says " my boy was in bad company. He kicked an old lady ."

The rule are different for teenagers and kids ok...but an adult? Should take responsibility for their own actions if sound of mind.

Well I`d say it`s a pretty safe bet he wasn`t of sound mind.

Also religion is a good example of something influencing adults.If you can get someone to believe in an invisible person that no one has ever seen then getting someone to believe that someone of a different colour is an inferior person isn`t that hard.

6 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I just feel so very sad that these mass shootings are now occurring here.  Once it starts that's a bad sign.  It has been awful to live in the US for the past 30 years and watch this trend grow.  Maybe I was naive, but I thought it wouldn't happen here.  :(

What I detest is the media coverage afforded to the inadequates that carry out these crimes. Infamy is what they crave. Unfortunately, the media play into their hands and all it leads to are copycat crimes. 

The guy was mentally sick. Just found the text he published on his web site:

“This is my personal message to all Americans. Your country is under control by invisible secret societies. They use unknown evil methods like mind control and hold up a modern system of slavery. If you don’t believe the following, you better wake up quick. In your country exist so called deep underground military bases. In some of them they praise the devil himself. They us torture and kill little children in an unbelievable amount and this happens already for a long period of time. Wake up, this is on form of reality in your country. Turn of the main stream media, they don’t have a clue. The first step is information. Maybe you have to read it or hear it once again to othr sources, but now you know it. The second step is action. Locate these bases, gather masses of people together and storm them. It’s your duty as an American citizen to end this nightmare. Fight now.”

German newspapers report, that the suspected assassin of Hanau is said to have turned to prosecuting authorities with criminal charges shortly after the turn of the millennium. Specifically, R. refers in his letter of confession to criminal charges filed in 2002 and 2004, allegedly for the following reason: "illegal surveillance".

I don't understand how such a weirdo can join a gun club and officially buy guns.

@Keleth

The perpetrator was - among other things - socially isolated, especially as he seems to have spent long periods online. He can therefore hardly be said to have belonged to some sort of extreme right-wing organisation or other group.

You can certainly belong to a group online. We all do here on this forum!

I suspect most hard right chit chat takes place online in fact.

If you follow your reasoning through we all need to take more care of each other in real life. If someone is lonely there often is reason and warning signs. Why didnt anyone bother?

8 hours ago, murphaph said:

AfD scum!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Joerg_Meuthen/status/1230411493340041216

These bastards are directly responsible for these deaths and children being left without parents and parents without children.

The only positive is that the guy gets torn a new arsehole for his comment.

Who is ***directly*** responsible?    Did you mean "indirectly" or do you see a conspiracy, planning and direct support by the AfD  for shooting up 2 Shisha bars?   

It is a tragic situation, but keep it real.    

Look up "stochastic terrorism". This kind of wilful ignorance of the realities of propaganda types makes me think people have never studied politics.