speeding fine in Germany

7 posts in this topic

Hi, My dad got caught speeding for the second time this month. Pretty sure the speed camera must have been calobrated wrong though because I was in the car with him and he was driving like a snail. I´ve heard that is´s common enough to fight speeding fines in Germany (this isnt the case in Ireland). Anyone have any experience with  https://www.sos-verkehrsrecht.de/ . Or have any other suggestions of services i could use to help me. Many thanks :) 

The fines are not that high. I have had a few over the last few years. Better to pay the worry about it. Camera would have a photo with drive and speed etc. Did you get it in the post?

17 hours ago, positivethinking said:

The fines are not that high. I have had a few over the last few years. Better to pay the worry about it. Camera would have a photo with drive and speed etc. Did you get it in the post?

Anything up to 20 km/h over the speed limit is just a warning and it is not worth to fight it.   It will be something between 10€ and 35€.     

Above 20 km/h is different, it involves as well points and over 30 km/h in the city and 40 km/h outside of the city involve a driving ban.   In this case you might want to be sure the fine is actually fair.

Here you can check out how much u will have to pay. There are a couple factors one has to consider such as speed, allowed speed, and the area...

the website is on german but easy to understand. you have tables and also a calculator which will calculate the respective amount of fine.