Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

how to make a good password

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys, for about a year now every few weeks I get a notification from netflix saying my account has been hacked. In response to this I change my password to get the hacker out of my account. No matter what I set my password to however the hacker seems to be able to get back in. I know that the passwords I am setting arent the problem I have followed every guideline on  https://www.passwort-generator.com/ . Does anyone know how this hacker seems to always be able to get into my account? Or is it even always the same hacker? Has this happened to anyone else? All helpful responses would be greatly appreciated. I am getting very frustrated with the situation. 

A good rule of thumb for a password is to do what I always do...  Think of something random stupid thing, use that, immediatly forget it and use the "Forgotten password" feature forever after.

Did you try changing the password of your mail account too? Also, before changing the Netflix password signout of all the devices which are logged in to Netflix. You can do so by going to your Netflix account. You can use a Phrase combined with some numbers. It can be one of your favorite line from some movie, novel etc. Also use some special characters e.g. @ instead of an a, 3 instead of an e etc.

Are you clicking the link to reset your password or changing it directly  on the Netflix site?

4 hours ago, slammer said:

A good rule of thumb for a password is to do what I always do...  Think of something random stupid thing, use that, immediatly forget it and use the "Forgotten password" feature forever after.

That´s my level!!!

:P

I dunno how a hacker could be following you and your password changes, but why not use the posters on this thread and number them to create your next set of passwords - might work, but who knows?!

One thing I would really like instead of just resetting my password is reminder of what said website expects in a password; then I could try a few combinations. They all seem to differ slightly:

at least one capital letter

at least one lower case letter

at least one number

at least one extra character

at least one Egyptian hieroglyphic

Dear Tor, babe! One important reason I´m flying to Hamburg in March is that the Egyptian thingy from Hamburger Sparkasse messed me up (Internet banking stuff ). The Beraterin at Haspa has just retired and couldn´t be bothered with my anxiety in her final week there.

The other reason is I didn´t understand anyway.

Other reasons to fly to Hamburg:

I need good weather

:lol:

And to arrange a beer with you without a password.

Keeping life simple,  babe.

I tend to use UK style number plates - 2 capital letters, 2 numbers, 3 lower case letters. If they require a minimum of 8 digits then had a minus sign somewhere.

I bow to your superior capacity, Tor!

I have aged...I had a salad today and fell asleep! (Before the salad arrived. I told the gorgeous young waitress my password was "tootiredtoeatsalad1952 " but she ignored my pain!!! )

If you have a keylogger on your system, it doesn't matter how complicated your password is.

The intruders will know.

Use a Linux system from an USB stick. I use "knoppix" when I do on-line banking.

No chance for windows virusses and the like.

You have to log out all the systems that are currently logged in.  Netflix let the systems that were already authenticated to stay in even after changing the password.   Use the option to kick out all clients somewhere in their website.