address registration

45 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

OK, I got a little interested in this one and searched about a bit.

I found a paper from the Bundestag (Wissenschaftliche Dienst) about those who don't need to register

Meldepflicht von Angehörigen reisender Berufsgruppen nach dem Bundesmeldegesetz (2016)

Also a long and detailed blog about someone who has deregistered (several times)

and lists off the pro's and con's of doing so.

Blog about deregistering - updated 2019

For both of them - if your German isn't up to it then deepl.com does a fair translation.

However, you'll need a lawyer (or at the very least your BR & HR) to make sure

you don't make any serious errors.

The consequences around deregistering are many and varied and may or may not affect you exactly.

(eg no longer required to send your kids to school as the Schulpflicht is cancelled)

Good luck - and let us know how you managed.

PS I tried google with "schausteller anmeldung ohne feste wohnsitz" to get these results

Hi thank you for your feedback. I will check the government document that you are referring.

Today I have received an email from the council, answering, at least partially, to my questions.

They say:

- you DON'T have to "de-register"/abmelden  (if staying in Germany) when moving out of a flat.

- when registering on a new place the old flat will be automatically "de-registered", the update is automatic 

(here I didn't understand if it is only in Munich or all over Germany...will ask her)

- you can register in any place that has a postal address and is suitable for living. Hotel will do if you go back to the same hotel every month.

-if you leave a place but plan to go back to the same place ( ie living with friends, go on a 2 months trip and then you plan to go back to the same place, you need to keep registered there). Here is not clear to me the time window.

- she advised me to meanwhile check with friends if they are comfortable being representatives of mine in case of contracts, then on the contract will show up their address. 

Finally, she said that of course it is contemplated on the law that on certain circumstances registration is not possible and not required.

She excused herself because is not an expert on the topic and will need to review with more senior people at the office to give me a more detailed and final answer.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, travelerworker said:

(here I didn't understand if it is only in Munich or all over Germany...will ask her

Don't bother to ask. It's been the same for the whole country since 2015.

12 hours ago, travelerworker said:

- you DON'T have to "de-register"/abmelden  (if staying in Germany) when moving out of a flat.

As long as you anmelden somewhere else in Germany, you don't have to abmelden anymore. However, if you are not going to anmelden anywhere else in Germany, you do have to abmelden.

12 hours ago, travelerworker said:

- you can register in any place that has a postal address and is suitable for living. Hotel will do if you go back to the same hotel every month.

Have you found a hotel willing to fill out the Meldebestätigung so that you may register there?

On 27/02/2020, 19:31:17, HH_Sailor said:

OK, I got a little interested in this one and searched about a bit.

I found a paper from the Bundestag (Wissenschaftliche Dienst) about those who don't need to register

Meldepflicht von Angehörigen reisender Berufsgruppen nach dem Bundesmeldegesetz (2016)

Also a long and detailed blog about someone who has deregistered (several times)

and lists off the pro's and con's of doing so.

Blog about deregistering - updated 2019

For both of them - if your German isn't up to it then deepl.com does a fair translation.

However, you'll need a lawyer (or at the very least your BR & HR) to make sure

you don't make any serious errors.

The consequences around deregistering are many and varied and may or may not affect you exactly.

(eg no longer required to send your kids to school as the Schulpflicht is cancelled)

Good luck - and let us know how you managed.

PS I tried google with "schausteller anmeldung ohne feste wohnsitz" to get these results

Hi, for all interested the last email I have received. Also good to clarify some error/misconceptions:

From KVR they sent another email with the follwoing:

-wenn Sie in Deutschland keinen festen Wohnsitz mehr haben, müssen Sie zu uns ins Bürgerbüro kommen und sich ohne festen Wohnsitz melden.

if you no longer have a permanent residence in Germany, you must come to the Bürgerbüro and register without a permanent residence.

we knew it :)

The interesting bit is this one:
Wenn Sie länger als 6 Monate in einer Unterkunft wohnen müssen Sie sich für diese auch anmelden.

Sollten Sie aber wochenweise in verschiedenen Wohnungen wohnen, haben Sie keine Meldepflicht.
If you live in an accommodation for more than 6 months you have to register for it.
However, if you live in different apartments on a weekly basis, you do not have to register.

They also gave me an appointment to clarify any other questions I may have.

Have a nice weekend!

On 13/03/2020, 19:53:30, travelerworker said:

Hi, for all interested the last email I have received. Also good to clarify some error/misconceptions:

From KVR they sent another email with the follwoing:

-wenn Sie in Deutschland keinen festen Wohnsitz mehr haben, müssen Sie zu uns ins Bürgerbüro kommen und sich ohne festen Wohnsitz melden.

if you no longer have a permanent residence in Germany, you must come to the Bürgerbüro and register without a permanent residence.

we knew it :)

The interesting bit is this one:
Wenn Sie länger als 6 Monate in einer Unterkunft wohnen müssen Sie sich für diese auch anmelden.

Sollten Sie aber wochenweise in verschiedenen Wohnungen wohnen, haben Sie keine Meldepflicht.
If you live in an accommodation for more than 6 months you have to register for it.
However, if you live in different apartments on a weekly basis, you do not have to register.

They also gave me an appointment to clarify any other questions I may have.

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks for updating your thread!

For the record, have you already given up your apartment and de-registered? Are you allowed to rent a hotel room in Munich at the moment?