Makler unannounced visits

12 posts in this topic

Have done a search, but have arrived empty handed.

The house I'm in is for sale.  This is my flat and shop.  Neither I nor the landlady are fans of the Marklerin.  She's simply odd.  Over the past year, I have tried politely to have her understand that I am busy as she'll arrive before the appointment and want to chat - whilst I'm busy and focused in work.  I've tried to explain to her that whilst working, please don't chat me up. Deaf ears...

Of late, it's a new matter and I am wondering the legalities of this.  Today was the second time on this.  She tells me of an appointment date (no time, just a date) and then arrives a day early.

She was in the shop on Tuesday and told me of an appointment on the coming Monday.  Yes, the shop will be open in Monday.  Today, at 1500 she comes into the shop and tells me she has buyers.  I said, no, you told me on Monday.  Yes, she said and today.  She's done this before.  I don't like it, but whether I like it or not, is this allowed?  Seems to me a Makler cannot merely show unannounced.  Or can they?

Edit:  I returned from the shop next to mine, in the same house.  The Marklerin spoke ill of me with the shop keeper and with the potential buyers.  Basically, that I feel I have a long contract and will not be forced out.

Sounds a real problem. Have you contacted the Mieterverein?  She needs a warning letter about appointments for viewing etc. Document everything and ask for a letter /note from neighbours/shopkeepers.

Good luck.

I don't think this involves the Mietverein.  Could be wrong.  But as this is a matter between me landlady and the Marklerin (contract)...the landlady need hold her accountable, if she can and should.  I think making the landlady aware and having her correct it, if that is the best path, should suffice.  If that doesn't correct it, then it's a matter between me and the landlady.

But again, can the Maklerin merely show unannounced?

Also, I was told by the neighbour (shopkeeper), that she was offering info about me to the potential buyers.  Nothing too personal, other than I am a retiree.  Seems almost borderline...datenschutz.

Lock the door when she comes with no appointment and it is interfering with your work. She won't try again after that.

Of course, have your landlady talk to her first. Soonest.

Mieterverein can most certainly tell you whether the Maklerin has the right to show up unannounced or what kind of notice she has to give and what info she can give about you to potential buyers. They can also help you write her a nice or not so nice letter

Doesn´t you lease contract say something about what you have to tolerate in case the property is up for sale? By default they do. If not, point out to her that you told her before to leave you alone unless agree otherwise and just tell her to leave if she bothers you too much.

Can't lock the door.  This is a shop in the high street...  The landlady is stopping by tomorrow.

Nothing in the contract, sadly.  Only that I make the flat availble for viewing.

Will give the landlady the opportunity to rectify it, first.  If it fails, then definitely the Mieterverein.

Thank you all for the input.

It's good to notify your landlady in any case.  Especially if the Maklerin is essentially spreading less than flattering rumors about you, let alone offering personal data whether accurate or not, as that could affect the sale and might give her extra incentive to put her foot down. 

Maklers are scum :(

I am not sure if the Mieterverein can help you with this or not, at least for the commercial area of your space.  Regular tenant protection doesn't apply for commercial space afaik but if you also live there...?   Would not hurt to ask them, either way.

Landlady stopped by a few hours ago.  Roughly 2 o'clock.  We chatted and she is not amused.  She apologised and told me she is going to end the contract with the Makler (husband of the Marklerin) today.  Abour 20 minutes later, a couple entered the shop and my landlady was going to leave when they stated they were there to meet with the Marklerin...who was late at this point.  The three chatted and the Marklerin arrived and greeted everyone but me.  My landlady was again unamused.  The couple, landlady and Marklerin did a tour outside and the flats above me. 

The landlady returned along with the Marklerin who looked like death warmed over.  She apologised endlessly and stated she hoped I would not think ill of her or her husband.  My only reply and response was 'too late'.  My landlady then told her in my presence that she was no longer welcome in the house and would contact her 'boss' to terminate the contract.

Once she left, we had another wee chat and all is well.  In typical Oberallgäu fashion, I have now been offered 'du' with my landlady.  I do love this country sometimes....

All is well and thank you all for the thoughts and advise. 

11 hours ago, tor said:

I hope you said 'you can say you to me' that cracks them up :)

That reminds me of one of my classmates in grade 11 when the teacher asked whether we wished to be called "Sie" as we were in Oberstufe by then. He replied: "Du kannst ruhig Sie zu mir sagen" :lol: