Quit job while on sick leave

9 posts in this topic

Hi there, I am having really bad time at work because of the team leader and the management team and I woukd like to quit. I am currently on a sick leave because I am ill and I would like to ask if I can quit while on sick leave or it is not acceptable according to the laq. 

The company has a 4 weeks notice period. 

Many thanks in advance

Kat

Welcome to the world of suckiness. Most boses sucks . Learn to get on with it . If they try sexual stuff just call the police on them

44 minutes ago, katkatCSI said:

Hi there, I am having really bad time at work because of the team leader and the management team and I woukd like to quit. I am currently on a sick leave because I am ill and I would like to ask if I can quit while on sick leave or it is not acceptable according to the laq. 

The company has a 4 weeks notice period. 

Many thanks in advance

Kat

You can quit while on sick leave and in case of stress caused by evil boss, you can even make it so that you don't get blocked from unemployment benefits. Talk to your doctor and Arbeitsamt about this.

16 hours ago, LeonG said:

You can quit while on sick leave and in case of stress caused by evil boss, you can even make it so that you don't get blocked from unemployment benefits. Talk to your doctor and Arbeitsamt about this.

Yes, this is sort of interesting to me. I got similar issue at work, actually I've been through hard times with my direct superior since I got here and I would like to quit but on the other hand get the AfA benefits without Sperrung. I would like to contiunue with my German which is now pretty average. Any ideas how to approach this kind of situation? I have full-time unlimited contract and my company does not have Betriebsrat..

I do realize I'd be better off with another job but this time I'm determined to show my middle finger to them.

18 hours ago, TraceKira said:

Welcome to the world of suckiness. Most boses sucks . Learn to get on with it . If they try sexual stuff just call the police on them

Trace strikes again;)

On 10/02/2020, 19:53:45, TraceKira said:

I am sorry to disappoint you but not all management teams suck. In addition, criticising others radomly without knowing the facts is at least immature. And for your information abusive behaviour does not only refer to sexual hassasment.

On 10/02/2020, 20:49:17, LeonG said:

Many thanks for your answer. As for the getting the unemployment benefits, I will ask my doctor. Thank you lots

On 10/02/2020, 20:49:17, LeonG said:

10 hours ago, Abysmo said:

Yes, this is sort of interesting to me. I got similar issue at work, actually I've been through hard times with my direct superior since I got here and I would like to quit but on the other hand get the AfA benefits without Sperrung. I would like to contiunue with my German which is now pretty average. Any ideas how to approach this kind of situation? I have full-time unlimited contract and my company does not have Betriebsrat..

I do realize I'd be better off with another job but this time I'm determined to show my middle finger to them.

10 hours ago, Abysmo said:

Abysmo, only after being off work for a few days I realised how toxic this enviroment is for me. Unfortunately we get used to be mistreated and we fail to realise how a job can harm our mental state and ruin our lives. I wish best luck and to get out of there as soon as possible. 

Just now, katkatCSI said:

Many thanks for your answer. As for the getting the unemployment benefits, I will ask my doctor. Thank you lots

Just now, katkatCSI said: