Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moving out and Inspection

6 posts in this topic

I am moving from my current apartment. I have live here for 4.6 years. The apartment was not renovated when i moved in only the walls were painted. There were somethings that i had mention to my landlord to fix couple of months ago and he said he will do it (verbally) so far he has not done yet and now we are moving out. One of the glass window is cracked from inside which we believe that we have not done. We have reported this also to landlord. There are general wear and tear in the Kitchen. So the question is who will be responsible for these as i am moving out and what worse i can expect to tackle the situation.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hopefully, you took photos of the problems when you moved in and documented them with your landlord. Was the window cracked when you moved in?

12 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Hopefully, you took photos of the problems when you moved in and documented them with your landlord. Was the window cracked when you moved in?

I have photos. But the wear'n'tear happened during my tenancy. The Kitchen was already old and during these 4,6 years of course the situation has changed. The glass window cracked from the edge couple of months ago which we believe happened due to temperature difference.

21 hours ago, humtumnice said:

what worse i can expect to tackle the situation.

Wouldn't it be more helpful to you to ask your landlord this question rather than TT?

21 hours ago, humtumnice said:

only the walls were painted.

Maybe start there.

Most likely you will be on the hook for these repairs.  Possibly if you took pictures at the time of damage you can show the date of these images to the landlord, and any conversation logs (via email/text/IM), and then they might be agreeable.

33 minutes ago, Sroka said:

Most likely you will be on the hook for these repairs.  Possibly if you took pictures at the time of damage you can show the date of these images to the landlord, and any conversation logs (via email/text/IM), and then they might be agreeable.

That means I am screwed. I should start saving to pay these guys.