Flip or Slider Mobile

11 posts in this topic

Am looking for a new mobile telephone for calls and text messages only.

1. no smartphones, just an ordinary "steam-powered" mobile;

2. dual sim;

3. flip or slider (preferably the latter);

4. no cameras;

5. no data;

5. priced under €100.00.

Admittedly not an easy ask but suggestions still much appreciated.

Thanks.

onemark.

Just visit media markt or Saturn, they have plenty of them. 

Without camera and dual sim is a hard condition. Most of them have a crappy camera.

But my inner sense says you will be able to find one below 70 euros. 

On 2/8/2020, 8:03:52, onemark said:

5. no data;

3 hours ago, onemark said:

Are the phones available at the two links above 4G-compatible?

:lol:

if you don't want a smartphone, and you don't want to use "data" your phone doesn't need 4G unless you want to use some kind of wifi/4g calling plan, in which case you do indeed need "data".  Maybe you can be more specific about your intentions? 

@lisa13

As I said in my introductory request, I am - essentially - looking for an ordinary "steam-powered" "Handy" (dual sim & slider; not a smartphone) with which I can make and receive calls and text messages.

That's it. (I realise the phone I get may have some features I don't need but I can live with that.)

4G is a data transfer technology.  If you don't want or need data on your phone, you don't need 4G.  So it is still completely unclear why you are asking about 4G on the linked phones.

To answer your own question, look at the specs for any phone you are interested in.  It should specify whether it supports LTE or 4G.  If it doesn't say one way or the other, assume it doesn't support it.

@onemark

Just choose any of the above mobile phones, they will all work in any mobile network since the mobile providers also use "older" 2G and 3G frequency bands to ensure that people who continued using their old phone still have service.

For calls and text messages you only need a 2G phone, so any of them will do for what you need: https://its-wiki.no/images/c/c8/From_1G_to_5G_Simon.pdf