Study Residence to Blue Card

4 posts in this topic

So I am currently on a study residence for doing a Masters and I received an offer higher than the Blue Card requirements. Accordingly I would like to change my student residence to a Blue card which I know is allowed by law. 

The problem is that I don't know which office exactly at the ABH is responsible for my application? Is it the international students office on the 2nd floor or the Service-Center für internationale Fachkräfte on the 1st floor?

I have to wait in lines for hours to get to see someone so it would be much better if at least I am waiting in the correct line.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

if you are no longer a student, or if you are going to ditch your studies to work instead, I'd go for the fachkräfte office.  AFAIK they handle all blue card applications.

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

if you are no longer a student, or if you are going to ditch your studies to work instead, I'd go for the fachkräfte office.  AFAIK they handle all blue card applications.

I am currently a student writing my Master thesis, as far as I know I can switch to a blue card and continue my thesis as the blue card doesn't restrict that.