Thuringia´s PM election

7 posts in this topic

I find that uproar about the election of the newly elected FDP Prime Minister of the state of Thuringia way over the top. He announced to step down - but in my view for the wrong reasons. Why is it his fault that the AFD MPs voted for him? Why is he treated as if he should have known beforehand that they wouldn´t vote for their own candidate but for him?

Given that he might have had problems finding enough qualified ministers it´s ok that he announced his resignation only a day after having been elected - but not because he got votes from the AFD.

Apart from that I find it inappropriate that he didn´t wear a tie when elected. Are Thuringian MP´s paid so poorly that they can only afford casual clothing?

Rant over.

Seems so. That way the AFD will be able to shut down government as there will never be a PM. Beyond ridiculous, really.

16 hours ago, jeba said:

I find that uproar about the election of the newly elected FDP Prime Minister of the state of Thuringia way over the top. He announced to step down - but in my view for the wrong reasons. Why is it his fault that the AFD MPs voted for him? Why is he treated as if he should have known beforehand that they wouldn´t vote for their own candidate but for him?

Given that he might have had problems finding enough qualified ministers it´s ok that he announced his resignation only a day after having been elected - but not because he got votes from the AFD.

Apart from that I find it inappropriate that he didn´t wear a tie when elected. Are Thuringian MP´s paid so poorly that they can only afford casual clothing?

Rant over.

Well, he's staying on for the moment while they work out what democracy means. 

German AfD-backed leader to stay on temporarily   (CBBC)

The leader of the German state of Thuringia, who was controversially elected with far-right AfD party help, has said he won't resign immediately.

Hit by a wave of criticism, liberal FDP politician Thomas Kemmerich announced his resignation on Thursday, a day after MPs elected him premier.

But now he says lawyers have advised him to stay on temporarily, to ensure government efficiency in Thuringia.

He has declined a pay package of €93,000 ($102,000; £79,000).

Legally he is entitled to that amount in salary and allowances for just one day in office. But after the figure was widely reported by German media he announced he would stay on his ordinary MP's salary. An FDP statement said that if by law Mr Kemmerich had to accept the premier's higher salary, he would donate the difference to a charity.

Or he could buy a tie and donate the rest back to the taxpayer! 

14 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

So if the Afd vote for the left dude will he have to resign also?

14 hours ago, jeba said:

Seems so. That way the AFD will be able to shut down government as there will never be a PM. Beyond ridiculous, really.

Call to dissolve state assembly as Merkel steps into row over far-right   (Reuters)

“This event is inexcusable and so the result must be reversed,” Merkel, who rarely comments on domestic politics during foreign trips, told a news conference in South Africa. “It was a bad day for democracy.”

And how is reversing the result democracy

men should definitely wear ties as women are supposed to wear pantyhose.  

fuck.  no.  I don't like this deal.  Can I wear a tie?

9 hours ago, lisa13 said:

men should definitely wear ties as women are supposed to wear pantyhose highheels.

FTFY :).