Brexit, New residence permits

292 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

How long prior to 31-12-20 have you been resident in Germany? I read it should be permanent (dauerhaft) if it was longer than 5 years.

Only 1 year. I have a couple of years to wait.

On 20/10/2021, 14:26:24, Dembo said:

So does that mean I can use this instead of a passport to cross borders up to that date? I guess so.

No it does not replace the need for a passport to cross borders. You should carry both when travelling into and out of Germany as well as transiting through Europe 

2 hours ago, NorthernLight said:

No it does not replace the need for a passport to cross borders. You should carry both when travelling into and out of Germany as well as transiting through Europe 

So what does Passersatz refer to?

3 minutes ago, Dembo said:

Perhaps Pass(ersatz) is just the label they use for your passport (or Ersatzpass) number?  Whichever you happen to have when you applied for the card.

2 hours ago, Dembo said:

Your passport number

Today I got a letter from the KVR saying my Aufenthaltstitel has been manufactured and I could now activate my Online-Ausweisfunktion using the info supplied. The letter is in difficult German and neither I or my German wife could figure out if this Online-Ausweis is an alternative to a residents permit card or if I need to activate it to get the residents permit issued or if it is just an addition for online ID.

Any info. on this would be very welcome.

Yes it's just for the E-Ident. I got that letter first and then a week or so later the card came. I downloaded the app and tried to activate it but quickly discovered my phone doesn't have NFC, so didn't bother.

It's quite handy if you do have a compatible phone. I needed some stuff from the Rentenversicherung last week and I was able to authenticate using the card and get my documents without setting up an account etc.

The residence permit arrived today, :D:D:D. Only valid till my passport runs out though which is annoying since I understood that as a long term resident prior to brexit it should have been permanent.:angry: Anyone here get a permanent one?

16 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

The residence permit arrived today, :D:D:D. Only valid till my passport runs out though which is annoying since I understood that as a long term resident prior to brexit it should have been permanent.

The same on mine...

27 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

The residence permit arrived today, :D:D:D. Only valid till my passport runs out though which is annoying since I understood that as a long term resident prior to brexit it should have been permanent.:angry: Anyone here get a permanent one?

10 minutes ago, HEM said:

The same on mine...

You are probably looking at the card expiry date on the front, the status of your residency is on the reverse of the card, top left under: "1. Remarks: Daueraufenthaltsrecht"

1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

You are probably looking at the card expiry date on the front, the status of your residency is on the reverse of the card, top left under: "1. Remarks: Daueraufenthaltsrecht"

Yes you are absolutely right, remarks on mine says "erwerbstätigkeit erlaubt daueraufenthalt" which I read as Employment allowed, permanent resident or maybe Employment allows permanent residence which given I am retired may not be quite correct?

On 12.11.2021 14:34:24, keith2011 said:

Today I got a letter from the KVR saying my Aufenthaltstitel has been manufactured and I could now activate my Online-Ausweisfunktion using the info supplied. The letter is in difficult German and neither I or my German wife could figure out if this Online-Ausweis is an alternative to a residents permit card or if I need to activate it to get the residents permit issued or if it is just an addition for online ID.

Any info. on this would be very welcome.

Perhaps you could quote/copy the letter (anonymised). I imagine the Online-Ausweis is a Zusatzfunktion that belongs to the card.

3 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

Mine just says " Erwebstätigket erlaubt" " (as Rentner since February 2018).  I work but noone pays me...

10 minutes ago, HEM said:

I work but noone pays me...

At least you are payed. With me Mr Noone is a pay-shy fickle fraudster. Story of my life :)