Brexit, New residence permits

292 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

How long prior to 31-12-20 have you been resident in Germany? I read it should be permanent (dauerhaft) if it was longer than 5 years.

Only 1 year. I have a couple of years to wait.

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/10/2021, 14:26:24, Dembo said:

So does that mean I can use this instead of a passport to cross borders up to that date? I guess so.

 

 

No it does not replace the need for a passport to cross borders. You should carry both when travelling into and out of Germany as well as transiting through Europe 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthernLight said:

No it does not replace the need for a passport to cross borders. You should carry both when travelling into and out of Germany as well as transiting through Europe 

 

So what does Passersatz refer to?

 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dembo said:

 

So what does Passersatz refer to?

 

Perhaps Pass(ersatz) is just the label they use for your passport (or Ersatzpass) number?  Whichever you happen to have when you applied for the card.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dembo said:

 

So what does Passersatz refer to?

 

 

 

 

 

Your passport number

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I got a letter from the KVR saying my Aufenthaltstitel has been manufactured and I could now activate my Online-Ausweisfunktion using the info supplied. The letter is in difficult German and neither I or my German wife could figure out if this Online-Ausweis is an alternative to a residents permit card or if I need to activate it to get the residents permit issued or if it is just an addition for online ID.

Any info. on this would be very welcome.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it's just for the E-Ident. I got that letter first and then a week or so later the card came. I downloaded the app and tried to activate it but quickly discovered my phone doesn't have NFC, so didn't bother.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's quite handy if you do have a compatible phone. I needed some stuff from the Rentenversicherung last week and I was able to authenticate using the card and get my documents without setting up an account etc.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The residence permit arrived today, :D:D:D. Only valid till my passport runs out though which is annoying since I understood that as a long term resident prior to brexit it should have been permanent.:angry: Anyone here get a permanent one?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

The residence permit arrived today, :D:D:D. Only valid till my passport runs out though which is annoying since I understood that as a long term resident prior to brexit it should have been permanent.

 

The same on mine...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

The residence permit arrived today, :D:D:D. Only valid till my passport runs out though which is annoying since I understood that as a long term resident prior to brexit it should have been permanent.:angry: Anyone here get a permanent one?

 

10 minutes ago, HEM said:

 

The same on mine...

 

You are probably looking at the card expiry date on the front, the status of your residency is on the reverse of the card, top left under: "1. Remarks: Daueraufenthaltsrecht"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Janx Spirit said:

 

 

You are probably looking at the card expiry date on the front, the status of your residency is on the reverse of the card, top left under: "1. Remarks: Daueraufenthaltsrecht"

 

Yes you are absolutely right, remarks on mine says "erwerbstätigkeit erlaubt daueraufenthalt" which I read as Employment allowed, permanent resident or maybe Employment allows permanent residence which given I am retired may not be quite correct?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.11.2021 14:34:24, keith2011 said:

Today I got a letter from the KVR saying my Aufenthaltstitel has been manufactured and I could now activate my Online-Ausweisfunktion using the info supplied. The letter is in difficult German and neither I or my German wife could figure out if this Online-Ausweis is an alternative to a residents permit card or if I need to activate it to get the residents permit issued or if it is just an addition for online ID.

Any info. on this would be very welcome.

Perhaps you could quote/copy the letter (anonymised). I imagine the Online-Ausweis is a Zusatzfunktion that belongs to the card.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

You are probably looking at the card expiry date on the front, the status of your residency is on the reverse of the card, top left under: "1. Remarks: Daueraufenthaltsrecht"

 

Mine just says " Erwebstätigket erlaubt" " (as Rentner since February 2018).  I work but noone pays me...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HEM said:

I work but noone pays me...

 

At least you are payed. With me Mr Noone is a pay-shy fickle fraudster. Story of my life :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now