Brexit, New residence permits

248 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Your rights are enshrined no matter what.

No matter what? What about all the Brits who were trying to have their cake and it too, who never actually fulfilled the requirements of one of the FoM categories? There seems to be a misconception among many Brits that it is sufficient to have been angemeldet here, not that they had to actual fulfill requirements. 

Ah, sorry, no - good point - meaning simply if you were properly entitled to it on the date in question, you don't have to come forward by June 30th, which is a thing people are getting their knickers in a twist over, not that there is a Carte Blanche for all Brits who were angemeldet on that day.

If this Covid lark goes on much longer, I wouldn’t be surprised, given the chaos , if they postponed it all till the end of the year or whenever.

Here in Greece, have been unable to register the past few weeks because of travel restrictions to the right town with the right police station. The restrictions were lifted today and I phoned the cop shop twice- no one answered the phone to enable me to make an appointment!😂

( Ain’t going tomorrow or Thursday - heavy rain forecast!)

And in May , if travel is allowed, off to Hamburg to do my Brexit stuff! Much fun will ensue if quarantine rules are in place...😩

3 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Ah, sorry, no - good point - meaning simply if you were properly entitled to it on the date in question, you don't have to come forward by June 30th, which is a thing people are getting their knickers in a twist over, not that there is a Carte Blanche for all Brits who were angemeldet on that day.

Thank you for confirming something that I used to waste too much time trying to explain. The only Brits who really need to worry are those who were or are trying to scam the system. 

I know😂

It is the slang I grew up with!!

A bit like saying “ diese Covidgeschichte “!

I do the same in bread shops in Hamburg. If I don’t know the name of one of the 500 types of rolls they are flogging, I point to a roll and say “ so eine Geschichte, bitte! “

❤️😂

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

The 30th June isn't a thing.

They said originally that we all retain the right to work up until the 30th June. Which means on the 1st July your employer should send you home unless you have something to say you do have the right to work (I have a confirmation letter that applies until 31st December), or the government has made a statement that the 30th June deadline has been extended. 

From what they said today, nothing changes for people who are here legally doing their thing. So no, you shouldn't have to go home from work - it's not a deadline of that type. This seemed very clear.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-germany#visas-and-residency      includes:

Your rights under the Withdrawal Agreement will not be affected if you do not meet the deadline. However, we recommend that you obtain your new card as soon as possible in order to evidence your rights.

UKNationalsDE@iom.int 

UK National Support Fund (UKNSF) in Germany   - that one is FB

The IOM are organising help for people who have issues with the process. I live in an area covered by SSAFA, and their policy is that if you have an issue, then you need help, so ask, and they will. Presumably this is similar for the IOM. Email and ask your question, or ask the embassy.

Have you got a problem with getting your GB document, or are you worrying that they haven't yet given it to you and what if you don't get it by June 30th? 

8 hours ago, kiplette said:

Have you got a problem with getting your GB document, or are you worrying that they haven't yet given it to you and what if you don't get it by June 30th? 

I'm only worried about HR applying the rules as they see it, and obviously there's confusion. If I have the right to work indefinitely anyway, why did the Auslanderbehörde send me a letter confirming that I have the right to work until 31st December? 

14 minutes ago, Dembo said:

I'm only worried about HR applying the rules as they see it, and obviously there's confusion. If I have the right to work indefinitely anyway, why did the Auslanderbehörde send me a letter confirming that I have the right to work until 31st December? 

Because they have not yet confirmed that the information you provided is true. 

Unfortunately you are being impacted by your countrymen who were trying to scam the system by registering in Germany in order to secure rights under the WA without actually fulfilling the requirements for FoM. As an employee your rights are relatively easy to establish,  however,  there are many Brits who are registered in Germany, but work in the UK, and try to have their cake and eat it too.

On 3/16/2021, 3:03:25, paulwork said:

Have any German cities started handing out appointments for the Aufenthaltskarte-GB yet?

Pretty much everyone I know were told by their Kommune last year that they'd automatically be allocated an appointment in the new year (early 2021).

Letter: "Sie brauchen im Moment nichts zu veranlassen. Ich komme auf Sie zu... Sie bekommen automatisch per Post eine Einladung zu einem Termin ab dem 01.01.2021..."

It's now almost April - still nothing. 

For those who attended the appointment already, how did it work? Did they take your photo and fingerprints on-the-spot, or does that come later? (I presume on-the-spot)

On 12/2/2020, 2:05:53, Feierabend said:

So, so much for "just make sure you are properly  registered and everything will be easy-peasy ..."

OH has just received instructions from LDS to apply for the Aufenthaltserlaubnis.

This consists of a 12 page form and the requirement to provide copies of nine documents;

passport, marriage certs, spouse's passport, full recent Meldebescheinigung, up to date photo; health insurance certificate, pension record, statement of income, any social security benefits, Europöisches Führungszeugnis (criminal record cert.)

Then he has to book an appointment to give signatures and fingerprints.

(We've been registered here for over 20 years.)

For any interested Brandenburgers (since my original post was unhelpfully transferred from that forum):

OH wrote a polite letter to LDS  pointing out that they had sent  the incorrect forms. We need Aufenthaltserlaubnis-GB.  Finally yesterday they replied, sending him a much simpler form and a request to make an appointment, bringing fewer required docs.

Thanks also go to BIG for helpful advice. 😊

So, after filling out and submitting the correct shorter form, OH got his appointment yesterday and it was all very smooth. 

Just bring the documents they request, including the photo. (Being ultra cautious on the ways of officialdom I also brought a bag full of stuff they might possibly take a notion to ask for, bur it wasn't necessary!)

They did the fingerprints there on a little scanner, (no inky fingers, how disappointing!) Measured his height and told him he had blue eyes!

There was no mention of minimum required income, but we brought copies of bank statements for the last few months with pensions highlighted.

They did ask him for his original residence card which was issued when we first came but then basically became irrelevant, and they weren't bothered that he didn't have it.

He was also offered the choice between getting the GB card or the normal permanent residence card which was a surprise.

He will be able to collect the actual card in about a month.

On 16/03/2021, 15:03:25, paulwork said:

Have any German cities started handing out appointments for the Aufenthaltskarte-GB yet?

Pretty much everyone I know were told by their Kommune last year that they'd automatically be allocated an appointment in the new year (early 2021).

Letter: "Sie brauchen im Moment nichts zu veranlassen. Ich komme auf Sie zu... Sie bekommen automatisch per Post eine Einladung zu einem Termin ab dem 01.01.2021..."

It's now almost April - still nothing. 

For those who attended the appointment already, how did it work? Did they take your photo and fingerprints on-the-spot, or does that come later? (I presume on-the-spot)

Got a letter from the Munich KVR back in late December requesting I fill out the online form, which I did,  and got an email and written confirmation (in the Post) indicating I would get an appointment in 2021. To date nothing though!

Has anyone received their card yet? If so how long was the lead time post interview/appointment ?

cheers

Feedback.

I have today had my meeting with the Amt ( Landkreis Göttingen ). First off, in and out in ten minutes. Presented the documents asked for (Passport, Extended Meldebesheinigung and photo ), thats all they needed. Asked for height, colour of eyes and fingerprints, this was printed out and a sample signature added. Walked out with a letter that stated a pass was on its way and I can stay for 5 years. Need to go back in 4-6 weeks to pick up the aformentioned pass.

Also as I had my work contract with me, that made them happy that I was in full time work.

I had my appointment at the KVR Munich at the end of Feb and received my residence card 10 days ago.

However, opposite to what they confirmed to me at the appointment, there is no mention under section 1 on my card of "permanent residency / Daueraufenthalt".

My hubbies card shows this as does 4 of my British colleagues who've also received their cards.

I have no idea why! Have sent a mail already asking for an explanation.

Screenshot_20210424-080655_WhatsApp.jpg

20210411_104716.jpg

8 minutes ago, GillyRose said:

I had my appointment at the KVR Munich at the end of Feb and received my residence card 10 days ago.

However, opposite to what they confirmed to me at the appointment, there is no mention under section 1 on my card of "permanent residency / Daueraufenthalt".

My hubbies card shows this as does 4 of my British colleagues who've also received their cards.

I have no idea why! Have sent a mail already asking for an explanation.

Screenshot_20210424-080655_WhatsApp.jpg

20210411_104716.jpg

It may have been something as simple as the person at the office failing to tick the box for you, but I hope you get an answer and they correct it for you.

On 23/03/2021, 23:15:20, kiplette said:

From what they said today, nothing changes for people who are here legally doing their thing. So no, you shouldn't have to go home from work - it's not a deadline of that type. This seemed very clear.

I hate to be right but I've now been told I have to provide proof by end of June or I will be sent home unpaid from 1st July. Fortunately I have proof - at least until 31st December.  Still waiting for an appointment. 

Have you had contact with one of the support organisations? 

It is not your fault if your employer has misunderstood the rules.

Hopefully you'll get an appointment and all will be good.

On 13/04/2021, 13:28:01, NorthernLight said:

Has anyone received their card yet? If so how long was the lead time post interview/appointment ?

cheers

I'm still waiting for an appointment,:unsure: anyone else still waiting???

12 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I'm still waiting for an appointment,:unsure: anyone else still waiting???

Yep. Good to know it's not just Stuttgart.

I'm having a bet with myself for which happens first: appointment at Auslanderbehörde or vaccination. Or death. One of the three.