2 speed tickets

43 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Or a sales manager/account manager visiting customers. When I was working in the Netherlands as an IT consultant, I drove up to 2000 km per week (1 customer per day) and collected 2 speeding tickets per year on average. It always were minor speeding tickets on the motorway. We have no points system, so it never had real consequences, but in Germany it's different.

Edit: in Germany you loose the license with 8 points for 1 month.

I drive apotheke on night and dhl express only on day and they have time limit on all packages

21 hours ago, CristianM said:

I didnt manage because of the working hours to send her driving license and details to the police

That was unfortunate because doing over 25 km too fast twice in a 12 month period gets you one month without a licence. I think you should try to give her details and if they don't accept you'll have to think about if you get a lawyer and plead your case in court or take a month off work. You can normally pick a time to hand in your licence.

23 hours ago, RedMidge said:

No excuse for speeding, and op was way over the speed limit.  There is such a thing as hands free cell phone!

Super easy to do, wide open road, small signs, speed limit change every few K. Got blitzed on a run I do every day, know the camera exists as I drove past it all the time, but middle of the day, green light, light traffic, didn't even register I was over. Of course now I'm aware LOL

Ignore her.. she is a "goodie two shoes"...  

The Laws here are fucking daft a times...just a few weeks ago my chimley sweep buddy was in court, Our local "ordnungsamt officer" saw him at the traffic lights with his phone in hand...    Lights were red.. Motor was not running ( Auto stop/start).. He wasnt even on the phone, just swiped the screen to see if he had missed a call as his radio was loud!!    He got 75€ fine and 1 point.  

The judge just said... "Tough, you shouldnt have had it in you hand!! "

19 hours ago, LeonG said:

You can normally pick a time to hand in your licence.

So go on then... tell us which month would it best for a professional driver to hand in their license?   

4 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

So go on then... tell us which month would it best for a professional driver to hand in their license?   

If he can get a months vacation, that month would obviously be the best one.

46 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

The Laws here are fucking daft a times...just a few weeks ago my chimley sweep buddy was in court, Our local "ordnungsamt officer" saw him at the traffic lights with his phone in hand...    Lights were red.. Motor was not running ( Auto stop/start).. He wasnt even on the phone, just swiped the screen to see if he had missed a call as his radio was loud!!    He got 75€ fine and 1 point.  

Swiping the screen is still using the phone and a distraction!

22 hours ago, CristianM said:

I had the ticket for holding the new scanner from dhl in the hand

Thats a handheld communication or information device, and as such covered by the law that is called Handyverbot by laymen... 

5 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Distracted?  Distracted from watching a red light?

get a grip!

Your mate should come to Greece. The red lights here don´t even work half the time and no one cares if a granddad is on his motorbike with an unhelmeted kid wearing flip flops etc.

I'm jumping on this topic rather than making another one. My wife got a speeding ticket on her car, 148 in a 120 but the picture doesnt show the driver, it looks like the camera didnt take a picture correctly. It's back in Dec so we dont know if it was me or her driving. Do we have a chance of appealing it because we cant determine who is driving? 

On 2/2/2020, 2:44:56, SpiderPig said:

The law is clear as fuck: you do not hold a fucking phone in your fucking hand when you drive. You buy the cheapest Chinese car phone holder, and then you can actually talk over the phone when driving!

19 minutes ago, Adem137 said:

I'm jumping on this topic rather than making another one. My wife got a speeding ticket on her car, 148 in a 120 but the picture doesnt show the driver, it looks like the camera didnt take a picture correctly. It's back in Dec so we dont know if it was me or her driving. Do we have a chance of appealing it because we cant determine who is driving? 

Probabyl yes. But it may not be worth the trouble because your wife might be required to from now on carry a driver log.

Every single time I go to work, I see semi-truck drivers bitting my line as they coming towards me and sure enough, they are on the phone while cloudy and no headlights, don't get me started on women a see so many women at stoplights on the phone I knock their window and give them the finger no, no that finger the index finger. I go to go on my bike sometimes in my car.

On 2/2/2020, 2:32:55, RedMidge said:

Swiping the screen is still using the phone and a distraction!

The law is ridiculous anyway, because only holding it in you hand is forbidden.  You can buy a holder for like 10€ and attach it to the car and Facebook, WhatsApp, Tweet, etc all the time.

Oh really? You can use it otherwise? I mean, sure I use it in the holder for navigation, but what if they see you texted someone when they pull you over but it's in a holder? That would be ok?

2 hours ago, Adem137 said:

I though it was the owner of the car who gets the ticket, unless they can prove somebody else was driving the car - then that somebody gets the ticket.

If you just do not know who was driving the car at the time and there is no-photo were you can see who was driving, I think that you should talk to your wife - find out what the punishment is for the offence, and agree the person who admits to it, should be the person who has least to lose from it. Then tell the police

Otherwise the car owner will get the punishment.