2 speed tickets

43 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, i have a little problem, first of all, i work as a night and day shift driver, on 27  december i got a speeding ticket on my personal car 129 kph in a 100 limit zone, i have 2 cars registred on me here in germany, so i got another mail that my sister got caught with the car registred on me on 28.12 with 127 kph in a 100 limit zone and i didnt manage because of the working hours to send her driving license and details to the police, my problem is now, the 14 day to sent the details of another driver was ended today, so i expect the other ticket to come on me too, will my license be suspended? If i sent the papers tomorrow  01.02 will they take it in consideration? Can i call them and maybe discuss? If i lose my license im nearly dead. Thank you so much!

PS i forgot to say i have 1 point from using the phone on my license already from some months ago 

59 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Stop driving.

yeah.. great advice.. NOT

@ the OP... send the info... dont date the letter and blame "the post office"... 

but seriously... Slow down a bit.. 

1 hour ago, CristianM said:

...my problem is now, the 14 day to sent the details of another driver was ended today, so i expect the other ticket to come on me too,

In your situation, I would grab my sister (with her driving licence) and run along to the nearest Cop Shop to have her prove that she was driving your second car when it was caught in a speed trap.

The day is not yet over, but if you choose to act as though it is, nobody can help you!

3 hours ago, robinson100 said:

In your situation, I would grab my sister (with her driving licence) and run along to the nearest Cop Shop to have her prove that she was driving your second car when it was caught in a speed trap.

The day is not yet over, but if you choose to act as though it is, nobody can help you!

I cant do that, she is in another country on Unveristy was in here for holidays, thanks for replying

3 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

yeah.. great advice.. NOT

@ the OP... send the info... dont date the letter and blame "the post office"... 

but seriously... Slow down a bit.. 

I will do that, thank you very much, i drive 600km per day 6 days a week, for over a year now, i was late for work 😥

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Ever think about moving??

Its very

easy to judge, i work 13h a day and pay the same taxes as you, so chill down 

17 minutes ago, CristianM said:

Its very

Well, speeding, using cell phone, - you seem to be a menace to other road users.

You are the one who should chill, slow down and stop to think about road manners.

Assuming the speeding happened out of town you won´t use your license (unless you had been caught speeding within the last year already). You can check here what fine to expect.

9 minutes ago, jeba said:

Assuming the speeding happened out of town you won´t use your license (unless you had been caught speeding within the last year already). You can check here what fine to expect.

I had one on 27.12 and my sister on 28.12 

13 hours ago, CristianM said:

If i lose my license im nearly dead.

Twice >26km/h within 12 month?

Each time 1 point, and 80€, and your formula 1 license will be impounded by the race marshalls for 1 month.

You can get around the later if the picture clearly shows a lady behin the wheel. No biggy.

Just do not get caught again speeding this year!

5 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Well, speeding, using cell phone, - you seem to be a menace to other road users.

You are the one who should chill, slow down and stop to think about road manners.

Maybe he is a delivery driver... maybe he was on the phone to you trying to organise a delivery time for your parcel!

Who knows?

Or a sales manager/account manager visiting customers. When I was working in the Netherlands as an IT consultant, I drove up to 2000 km per week (1 customer per day) and collected 2 speeding tickets per year on average. It always were minor speeding tickets on the motorway. We have no points system, so it never had real consequences, but in Germany it's different.

Edit: in Germany you loose the license with 8 points for 1 month.

7 hours ago, CristianM said:

Its very

I'm sorry. I meant moving closer to your job - not leaving the country. 

Spidey pointed out that you might be a delivery driver or such so my advice was crap but I wasn't being mean.

I've only received one speeding ticket here in Germany and I had no earthly idea.  Apparently they had rather drastically reduced the speed limit for construction on a stretch of road I drove every day, but there was no construction going on so it wasn't obvious the limit had changed.

I didn't get the bussgeld letter, so I was mightily surprised when a cop came to my apartment early in the morning and presented me with the paperwork.  He asked me over and over again, showing me the picture on the letter - "are you sure this is you?"  "yes, of course"  "really?  are you sure?"  so funny - he was really surprised that I just admitted it?  no idea.

Anyway the point is, I was able to "plead" after the 2 week period elapsed.  You can't just not respond (or the cops will visit you) so best to just send your response with your explanation that your sister was driving your car asap.  I don't know if you can be fined more for a late response or what, but there's not much more you can do than send your honest response and let the chips fall where they may.

7 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Maybe he is a delivery driver... maybe he was on the phone to you trying to organise a delivery time for your parcel!

Who knows?

I work as apotheke delivery and dhl 

I had the ticket for holding the new scanner from dhl in the hand, its small like a phone 

44 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I've only received one speeding ticket here in Germany and I had no earthly idea.  Apparently they had rather drastically reduced the speed limit for construction on a stretch of road I drove every day, but there was no construction going on so it wasn't obvious the limit had changed.

I didn't get the bussgeld letter, so I was mightily surprised when a cop came to my apartment early in the morning and presented me with the paperwork.  He asked me over and over again, showing me the picture on the letter - "are you sure this is you?"  "yes, of course"  "really?  are you sure?"  so funny - he was really surprised that I just admitted it?  no idea.

Anyway the point is, I was able to "plead" after the 2 week period elapsed.  You can't just not respond (or the cops will visit you) so best to just send your response with your explanation that your sister was driving your car asap.  I don't know if you can be fined more for a late response or what, but there's not much more you can do than send your honest response and let the chips fall where they may.

Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I'm sorry. I meant moving closer to your job - not leaving the country. 

Spidey pointed out that you might be a delivery driver or such so my advice was crap but I wasn't being mean.

Oh sorry, my family was in here at my uncle house ( 130 km  from where i work ) for the holidays but i work in another city , my work schedule is a little bit bad 13-19 and 00-07am, so on 27 i waked up late and i had to be at 13 to load 😔