Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Friend from Croatia accepted job - what to do first?

4 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I know this is tired as hell at this point but I have a friend from Croatia who has been in Berlin for 4 days. She has had a job interview for a reasonably paid job and got accepted.

The issue is that she's just been here a few days and has no permanent residence i.e she's crashing at a friend's place whilst she looks for a permanent place to stay.

Now obviously for a job you're going to need your Anmeldung, Steuernummer, Krankenversicherung... But getting them all seem dependant on first having a permanent residence (getting the Anmeldung) which I'm guessing isn't possible at the moment as she's just crashing at a mates place.

Any advice you can give in this situation? I want to help her as much as possible but just want to know where to start.

Thanks ever so much!!

3 minutes ago, Simmie said:

Any advice you can give in this situation? I want to help her as much as possible but just want to know where to start.

You've actually already identified how to start.

Step 1:  Anmeldebestätigung

Indeed. Crashing at a friend's still means she needs to give the adress where she is living as her address. Depending on the landlord her friend should be able to ask landlord if its ok to have her in until she has found a place to live.