4,957 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, murphaph said:

On another forum I've been a member of for many years I read a post today by another long standing member, in which he reported the demise of his 40 year old pregnant wife and mother to his daughter, to Covid 19.

It was a terribly sad post to read.

Unfortunately, it will not be "real" to most of us until these stories get closer to home.  I am saddened to hear of this nevertheless.

Edit:  on a US forum that I have been part of for decades, there are two participants who have been confirmed as having COVID-19.  It's here, whether we want to believe it or not.

42 minutes ago, murphaph said:

On another forum I've been a member of for many years I read a post today by another long standing member, in which he reported the demise of his 40 year old pregnant wife and mother to his daughter, to Covid 19.

That is sad, I hate to say this but the chances are it won't be last person you know through a forum being affected.

Almost certainly not. Not to sound callous but I'd be "happy" if I only had "internet acquaintances" die of it but that won't be the case. I just hope my mother avoids it.

It is stomach churning seeing stupid idiot school kids congregating as they are while people are dieing.

1 hour ago, black1 said:

Lots of happy corona party goers in the Berlin parks yesterday and today, celebrating the end of school. Police broke some of the gatherings up today. It's so full sometimes that it's getting tricky to go walking and keep a distance from people.

https://www.morgenpost.de/bezirke/pankow/article228710615/Polizei-stoppt-Corona-Partys-im-Buergerpark-Pankow.html

6 minutes ago, murphaph said:

It is stomach churning seeing stupid idiot school kids congregating as they are while people are dieing.

There have been scenes on TV today showing people young and old out and about enjoying the sunshine in large groups not seeming to care about social distance. These people are so careless and selfish.  If this doesn'r stop at once new measures will be necessary, similar to France. 

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Unfortunately, it will not be "real" to most of us until these stories get closer to home.  I am saddened to hear of this nevertheless.

Edit:  on a US forum that I have been part of for decades, there are two participants who have been confirmed as having COVID-19.  It's here, whether we want to believe it or not.

Make that four participants.

8 hours ago, murphaph said:

Almost certainly not. Not to sound callous but I'd be "happy" if I only had "internet acquaintances" die of it but that won't be the case. I just hope my mother avoids it.

There have been posts on FB about young drunk people on Benidorm living it up, revelling the same as normal, mocking police trying to send them home, chanting in defiance , laughing and holding cans of beer. Business as usual.
I'm kind of looking forward to this year's Darwin Awards. (not really. But these people should be locked up)

eta: more about those kids. I just want to slap them all.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/16/brits-abroad-sing-got-virus-na-na-na-herded-off-beach-12406236/

31 minutes ago, arunadasi said:

There have been posts on FB about young drunk people on Benidorm living it up, revelling the same as normal, mocking police trying to send them home, chanting in defiance that they are in defiance, laughing and holding cans of beer. Business as usual.
I'm kind of looking forward to this year's Darwin Awards. (not really. But these people should be locked up)

eta: more about those kids. I just want to slap them all.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/16/brits-abroad-sing-got-virus-na-na-na-herded-off-beach-12406236/

They should expell them at once. Herd them all on a plane back to Britain. What's wrong with people?

19 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Frenchie - I retract what I just said. The rumour of martial law I think was by CNN. VP Pence Press sec scotched it:

Yet you link a Tweet from a CNN anchorman which mentions absolutely nothing about Martial Law but about a voluntary curfew.

If there was Martial Law there would be nothing voluntary.

So please show us all where this CNN talked about Martial Law.

Keleth

We all know that 99% of what he posts is just shite found on twiter

The other 1% is his ow made up shite..

He should actually be put on Moderator preview...   that way only one or 2  people needs to put him on ignore!  

3 minutes ago, Keleth said:

So please show us all where this CNN talked about Martial Law.

No please don't. 

Let's not turn this thread into another typical TT cesspool.  We already know Jeremy is totally full of shit.  There is zero need to "prove it" over and over.  

11 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

He should actually be put on Moderator preview

He won`t be though.

That dickhead the other week got rightly permabanned for some racist shit yet J2 gets a couple of little slaps on the wrist although he is constantly posting homophobic,antisemitic shit.

25 minutes ago, bramble said:

They should expell them at once. Herd them all on a plane back to Britain. What's wrong with people?

And stick them in Quarantine at the airport for a couple of months.

I saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnlT3rPNUp0 after a friend posted it. In times like these, I try not to pay too much attention to all of the stuff that makes it way around social media. After watching this guys take on the situation, I feel like a lot of the things he says is logical. But having said that, I don't mean to downplay this crisis at all or the fatalities from this or the people currently ailing from covid-19. I am just worried for my wife who is a nurse. Even though her station is not directly related to corona patients, she still has to go to work everyday and does not like me have the luxury of home office. The most I can do is to take her to work and pick her up after, so that she doesn't have to travel in a bus full of people in close quarters. So I am wondering if there is any of us here who is qualified to comment on what the individual in the video is saying.

On a lighter note, a conversation from this morning at 5:30am:

wife: The W.H.O has published something linking ibuprofen to the covid-19 symptoms.

me: oh. Who said that?

wife: The W.H.O.

me: So Who said it?

wife: The W.H... ugkhkk!!

The little state of Kansas led the way and closed all of its schools, public and private, through the end of the semester, so effectively until August.  California is about to follow suit.  Life is being upended in the US. 

Portugal has implemented some interesting supermarket controls: no more than "x" people are allowed in at a time. Others queue outside, with 2m distance. As an example, a Lidl sized supermarket only allows 30 people inside at the same time.

Still, no chaos, people are accepting it well and contrary to Germany, most of the population has requested for over a week to just lockdown the entire country.