5,124 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, French bean said:

The last part "Stock Market starting to look very good to me!" shows where his priorities lie.

Yeah, and look at the date.

25 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

All bullshit. Maybe next someone makes a youtube video saying that is has been raining a lot because of umbrella manufacturers.

For the record - are my statements bull, or the statements in the videos?

Saw this on another forum:

I was in the queue at the Post Office yesterday when suddenly all kind of panic broke out around me - two blokes had just come in wearing masks.

Things soon settled down however when people realised it was just a hold up !

1 hour ago, LostInEurope01 said:

For the record - are my statements bull, or the statements in the videos?

The videos. Look, it´s pretty simple: some people in China have too much interaction with wildlife. Not only eating, but being bitten by one. That´s how HIV started in humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV#Origins

Then typical incompetence let it grow fast inside China. This is not a James Bond movie, reality is that people make stupid things.

Well I was just doing my supermarket shop and I did indeed see an Asian lady in a mask.

Down the baumarkt they told me you cannot buy N95 masks anymore. All sold out. As for Chlor disinfectant - nope. Seems the older Germans have very clear post war memories. btw the Germans are among the highest holders of private gold in the world. 

No school for me tomorrow, we closed on 'health related grounds'. I guess my instinct was very correct.

10 hours ago, balticus said:

Disgusting.  🤮

Take the political posts to the Trump thread.

But Trump and the Republicans have turned the Coronavirus into a political topic.

Politics is a big part of the reason why many countries didn`t do enough soon enough.

20 minutes ago, Keleth said:

But Trump and the Republicans have turned the Coronavirus into a political topic.

Politics is a big part of the reason why many countries didn`t do enough soon enough.

It's even worse. Congressional Republicans are holding up funding and relief bills because they want to pander to their base with an unnecessary Hyde amendment since protecting non-people is more important than protecting actual, living human beings. Oh, and McConnell needs his week off and will not postpone the Senate recess because lazy and worthless are his hallmarks.

It's seems the Australian GP has been called off, for people that care about such things:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/51849163

I think they were getting a lot of flak for trying to continue, especially after 3 mechanics tested positive. A bit dumb that they called it off after lots of people flew from Europe to Australia, and of course Ferrari, Toro Rosso and Pirelli personnel are mostly from Italy.

9 hours ago, murphaph said:

One plus is that Trump himself may well succumb to this. Pence too. He'll try to pray it away.

Bolsonaro's press secretary has it. He was with Trump last week.

Fox News host Sean Hannity took to his radio show Wednesday to once again downplay concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, this time citing a Twitter crank to credulously claim that it might “be true” that the “deep state” is using the pandemic to hurt the economy and push “mandated medicines.”

Hannity, who also serves as an informal adviser to President Donald Trump and is sometimes referred to as the White House chief of staff, first pointed to a far-right blog to insist that the American public is approving of the president’s response to the coronavirus.

“Gateway Pundit points out that, as of yesterday, that the president’s approval rating is fine, and he’s getting pretty good grades on everything else,” Hannity boasted during his afternoon radio program, as first spotlighted by Media Matters.

A Quinnipiac poll released earlier this week, however, shows Trump’s approval rating has dropped to 41 percent amid fears of the coronavirus crisis worsening. A plurality of respondents also disapproves of the president’s response to the outbreak, compared to just 43 percent who approve.

“There’s an MIT guy I noticed on Twitter, and you know he’s saying pretty much the same thing he does research nearly every single day on immune systems he said quote ‘coronavirus fear-mongering by the deep state will go down in history as one of the biggest frauds to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, and push mandated medicines,’” Hannity said, adding, “May be true.”

The person whom the pro-Trump host cited, Shiva Ayyadurai, is a right-wing provocateur who has promoted the far-right conspiracy theory QAnon. He also ran for the Senate in 2018 against Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and repeatedly called her a “Fake Indian,” “fascist,” and “scumbag” during his disastrous campaign.

With COVID-19 having now resulted in dozens of American deaths, tanking stock markets and causing mass cancellations across the nation, Hannity has continued to minimize and downplay the dangers of the disease. The nation’s top expert on infectious disease, however, pointed out to Hannity’s viewers on Tuesday night that he’s “gotta make sure” they understand that coronavirus is at least 10 times as lethal as the seasonal flu, which Hannity and Trump have regularly compared this outbreak to.

48 minutes ago, tor said:

Only a lobotomy or being dropped on your head repeatedly as a child will make one a Trump supporter.

the rest of us fight for its removal from office.

There is a whole thread just for whining about Trump and laying the blame for all the world's problems at his feet.  

This thread is about the Corona Virus.

34 minutes ago, Dembo said:

It's seems the Australian GP has been called off, for people that care about such things:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/51849163

I think they were getting a lot of flak for trying to continue, especially after 3 mechanics tested positive. A bit dumb that they called it off after lots of people flew from Europe to Australia, and of course Ferrari, Toro Rosso and Pirelli personnel are mostly from Italy.

F1 is late to the party.  MotoGP already canceled all races until the first weekend of May.