9,792 posts in this topic

No. From what I see you criticise everything the government says (quite rightly) about brexit.  Would you not even question some of the things they say about covid ?

With all the apples and bananas you keep mixing, no wonder all your posts read like fruit salad.

I'd say the UK government has proven equally incompetent in matters of Brexit and Covid (the latter aside from their initial success with vaccinations). Other governments and international organizations, not so much.

5 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

With all the apples and bananas you keep mixing, no wonder all your posts read like fruit salad.

Absolutely brilliant.

How long did you think of that one?

24 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Brexit and Covid are two different things, like facts and fantasy.

Which one is fact and which is fantasy?   

Thanks in advance for a clarification. 

1 hour ago, balticus said:

Which one is fact and which is fantasy?   

Thanks in advance for a clarification. 

If you can't work that out after all these pages, you may need to go and read up understanding things. 

No need to thank me for this advice in advance. 

2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Absolutely brilliant.

How long did you think of that one?

Your fixation in El Jeffo while adding zero to the conversation smells of pulling pigtails. 

I don't think trying flattery is going to help. 

I don't think he's interested, maybe you should look for a partner in real life?

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

No. From what I see you criticise everything the government says (quite rightly) about brexit.  Would you not even question some of the things they say about covid ?

Fair point I feel! So if I ignore what the government and all the doctors I know say and just base things on my own experience, I personally know 3 people who have had covid, one said it was the most painfull illness he had ever suffered but was not hospitalised and  his sense of taste and smell has still not come back, his wife only had bad cold symptoms the other was very ill and came very close to death in an icu. I know lots and lots of people who have been vaccinated and not one has even needed to take time off work following either jab.

So take my non governmental advice and get vaccinated!

5 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Looks like Alabama has a brewing problem. 

New COVID surge begins in Alabama, hospitalizations double in July, positivity rate climbing

Just over two weeks out from the Fourth of July holiday, the number of patients with COVID-19 in Alabama hospitals has more than doubled. Nearly every metric used to measure the pandemic is surging here as the state faces off with the more contagious Delta variant.

Data from the Alabama Department of Public Health shows a sharp increase in coronavirus inpatients in state hospitals, up to 469 patients on Monday. That’s a 130% increase since July 1, when 204 people were being treated for the virus in Alabama hospitals.

2 hours ago, MUinEU said:

Your fixation in El Jeffo while adding zero to the conversation smells of pulling pigtails. 

I don't think trying flattery is going to help. 

I don't think he's interested, maybe you should look for a partner in real life?

How long are you going to continue with this farce? Fair play to you, you managed to get away with it.

2 hours ago, MUinEU said:

the conversation smells of pulling pigtails. 

And how does that smell?

Very difficult for a non-native speaker to understand the dialect / idioms of every English speaking backwater on the planet.  

Carlsberg don't do Corona viruses but if they did they'd infect every fucking disinformation spreading cunt on the planet and kill them in a fortnight.

3 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

How long are you going to continue with this farce? Fair play to you, you managed to get away with it.

And what prey tell did I get away with? 

3 hours ago, balticus said:

And how does that smell?

Very difficult for a non-native speaker to understand the dialect / idioms of every English speaking backwater on the planet.  

I'd answer this but I don't want to get in the middle of what could be a beautiful friendship.. 

Strange you answered this though and the person I answered ignored it. 

You could be his right hand man. 

18 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Looks like Alabama has a brewing problem. 

New COVID surge begins in Alabama, hospitalizations double in July, positivity rate climbing

Just over two weeks out from the Fourth of July holiday, the number of patients with COVID-19 in Alabama hospitals has more than doubled. Nearly every metric used to measure the pandemic is surging here as the state faces off with the more contagious Delta variant.

Data from the Alabama Department of Public Health shows a sharp increase in coronavirus inpatients in state hospitals, up to 469 patients on Monday. That’s a 130% increase since July 1, when 204 people were being treated for the virus in Alabama hospitals.

Governor Ivey (R) has had it with the stupid people who won't get vaccinated.  She calls the vaccinated people "regular folks".

Some people who react when they feel they are in danger. If there is data that unvaccinated people are dying more often and having worse infections than the vaccinated, it might convince some to change their minds and get vaccinated.

End of the day, you make your choice, accept the risk and deal with the consequences. All this has shown any future potential group who wants to use a virus as a weapon is that you only need to have a long lead time to infection, start the symptoms off mild, let people build a 'it's not real' movement and then release the very deadly version.

15 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Fair point I feel! So if I ignore what the government and all the doctors I know say and just base things on my own experience, I personally know 3 people who have had covid, one said it was the most painfull illness he had ever suffered but was not hospitalised and  his sense of taste and smell has still not come back, his wife only had bad cold symptoms the other was very ill and came very close to death in an icu. I know lots and lots of people who have been vaccinated and not one has even needed to take time off work following either jab.

So take my non governmental advice and get vaccinated!

You get a rare greenie from me.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Believe me,  it's a lot more effective than a government telling me to roll my sleeve up or else.  And a lot more effective than the usual suspects letting loose with a stream of expletives when you ask a question that they don't even want to contemplate. 

It would be interesting to know the difference between the person who had it real bad and his wife who didn't.  Was it coincidence ? Was it sex? Men are supposed to be more at risk than women.  Was it underlying health problems ? 

I don't know anyone who has had it bad thank goodness so it's interesting to hear from real people with real experiences. 

8 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You get a rare greenie from me.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Believe me,  it's a lot more effective than a government telling me to roll my sleeve up or else.  And a lot more effective than the usual suspects letting loose with a stream of expletives when you ask a question that they don't even want to contemplate. 

It would be interesting to know the difference between the person who had it real bad and his wife who didn't.  Was it coincidence ? Was it sex? Men are supposed to be more at risk than women.  Was it underlying health problems ? 

I don't know anyone who has had it bad thank goodness so it's interesting to hear from real people with real experiences. 

With the people we know that have had it we have had the full spread from hardly anything, through mild cold, flu, nasty flu and death (three). Age range from 28 to 85.

In that we had a death at 30 (female, no other health problems), one at 80 (female with some other age related health problems) and one at 85 (male where covid was just the last straw for him) with another 80 year old just having very mild symptoms.