9,792 posts in this topic

I wasn't aware it was anti-British to call Boris Johnson unfit to lead. I know plenty of Brits who think exactly the same. Cummings may or may not be telling the truth. Johnson is a known liar (was fired for making up quotes as a journalist in fact) so he's not a man of virtue that you'd be inclined to believe over others.

Given what he's inflicting on the UK, and for all his rhetorical guff and jingoism, I'd say that Johnson is the one who is profoundly anti-British. FWIW, I am a Brit myself. 

I always worry about politicians who surround themselves with flags to make a point. All of them.

Yes, politicians have to come across as patriotic ( at best ) but shouldn't be jingoistic. If Corbyn hadn't across to many voters as being anti-British ( rightly or wrongly ) and a bit miserable, we might have had a different government in place. Dunno how effectively his Govt would have dealt with the corona crisis, of course.

6 hours ago, murphaph said:

I wasn't aware it was anti-British to call Boris Johnson unfit to lead.

It is not but you are, as demoinstrated by many posts in this forum. My question was, beyond that, what makes you think Cummings is telling the truth, pasrticularly at present with all the concern over the rising covid cases and the end of lockdown in the UK, a bit too convenient to come out with such accusations at this time. Or are you convinced by the stunning character reference posted by @cb6dba?

Rand Paul finally gets his Fauci Ouchie. About damned time, too.

8 hours ago, keith2011 said:

It is not but you are, as demoinstrated by many posts in this forum. My question was, beyond that, what makes you think Cummings is telling the truth, pasrticularly at present with all the concern over the rising covid cases and the end of lockdown in the UK, a bit too convenient to come out with such accusations at this time. Or are you convinced by the stunning character reference posted by @cb6dba?

Given that my post came after yours, and after the ones you refer to, I'd say my post has nothing to do with other people's views.

I don't see any inconvenience in all his happening now, as I didn't at the timing of the health secretary cheating on his wife. No good politician finds something on an other and immediately, that's what normal people do to get a little light.

Politicians and those around them sit on it until it's useful.  Such things have a shelf life based on the memory of the public. that memory is short and can be filled easily with other things.  

Cummings is a liar too. Is he lying this time? Personally I don't think so. Downing Street is careful in what it denies because it knows he has texts and WhatsApp messages to back much of this up. They deny the face to face stuff where they believe there's no evidence.

54 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Cummings is a liar too. Is he lying this time? Personally I don't think so. Downing Street is careful in what it denies because it knows he has texts and WhatsApp messages to back much of this up. They deny the face to face stuff where they believe there's no evidence.

So it is down to the question of which liar you believe? Given their past actions I would not trust either to give me the right time of day let alone not say anything they thought might be to their advantage. You on the other hand perhaps because of your known prejudice seem happy to accept Cummings as truthful!

1 hour ago, cb6dba said:

Given that my post came after yours, and after the ones you refer to, I'd say my post has nothing to do with other people's views.

But as soon as you posted it it was relevant!

Curious to know if you believe your character reference supports Cummings the liar telling the truth for once or Cummings the liar lying as usual?

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

But as soon as you posted it it was relevant!

Curious to know if you believe your character reference supports Cummings the liar telling the truth for once or Cummings the liar lying as usual?

My reference says that he will say what he needs to to achieve the goal he is aiming or.

He will lie when he needs to and tell the truth when he needs to in pursuit of that goal. they are both similar in that way.

They both lie and they both seem to think rules do not apply to them. I just hope there is time for popcorn and they take a chunk or conservative support down with them.  

One part of what he has been saying I've read is that they only wanted Johnson in the job due to brexit, apart from that the view was that Johnson was total unsuitable for the position of PM due to not having any skills for it.

I'd say one way to see if Cummings is lying is to look at what he is saying and the how things have gone.  Looking at covid I'd say nothing Johnson has done has proved these accusations false (I'l keep this to covid, we have another thread for brexit).

So it could have been Italy that started it all off,  no doubt they did it to try and weaken the English food ball team, so they could win the Euro's

Researchers say it's possible coronavirus could have been circulating in Italy as early as October 2019 

As the world continues to dig into the origins of the pandemic, there's more questions about when it could have emerged. 

Retesting of blood samples has provided some evidence that COVID-19 may have been circulating in Italy two months before China alerted the world to the new disease. 

The World Health Organisation earlier asked for further clarification from scientists in Milan who claimed samples from cancer patients suggested COVID could have been circulating for several months in Italy before the first cases were reported in China in November 2019.

One of the researchers told the Financial Times: "The results of this retesting suggest that what we previously reported in asymptomatic patients is a plausible signal of early circulation of the virus in Italy.

"If this is confirmed, this would explain the explosion of symptomatic cases observed in Italy [in 2020]. Sars-Cov-2, or an earlier version, circulated silently, under the surface." 

Some 959 samples were originally tested and 29 of these were retested by labs in Siena, Italy, and the Netherlands. Three samples were found by both universities to be positive for COVID-type antibodies, according to a new paper which has not yet been peer-reviewed. 

Scientists have said they need more evidence to prove for certain that these people did have COVID-19, but it is not impossible.

However, some have cautioned the results don't provide conclusive evidence and other coronaviruses circulating at the time may have sparked an antibody response.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-uk-updates-people-travelling-from-green-and-amber-countries-may-not-face-coronavirus-checks-at-england-border-12358858

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

So it is down to the question of which liar you believe? Given their past actions I would not trust either to give me the right time of day let alone not say anything they thought might be to their advantage. You on the other hand perhaps because of your known prejudice seem happy to accept Cummings as truthful!

Fuck off with your prejudice accusations please.

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

So it could have been Italy that started it all off,  no doubt they did it to try and weaken the English food ball team, so they could win the Euro's

Researchers say it's possible coronavirus could have been circulating in Italy as early as October 2019 

As the world continues to dig into the origins of the pandemic, there's more questions about when it could have emerged. 

Retesting of blood samples has provided some evidence that COVID-19 may have been circulating in Italy two months before China alerted the world to the new disease. 

The World Health Organisation earlier asked for further clarification from scientists in Milan who claimed samples from cancer patients suggested COVID could have been circulating for several months in Italy before the first cases were reported in China in November 2019.

One of the researchers told the Financial Times: "The results of this retesting suggest that what we previously reported in asymptomatic patients is a plausible signal of early circulation of the virus in Italy.

"If this is confirmed, this would explain the explosion of symptomatic cases observed in Italy [in 2020]. Sars-Cov-2, or an earlier version, circulated silently, under the surface." 

Some 959 samples were originally tested and 29 of these were retested by labs in Siena, Italy, and the Netherlands. Three samples were found by both universities to be positive for COVID-type antibodies, according to a new paper which has not yet been peer-reviewed. 

Scientists have said they need more evidence to prove for certain that these people did have COVID-19, but it is not impossible.

However, some have cautioned the results don't provide conclusive evidence and other coronaviruses circulating at the time may have sparked an antibody response.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-uk-updates-people-travelling-from-green-and-amber-countries-may-not-face-coronavirus-checks-at-england-border-12358858

no way. it came from a lab in China.

45 minutes ago, oscar 63 said:

no way. it came from a lab in China.

There are around 20k Chinese living in Milan.   

If i remember correctly, it appeared in water samples in Spain from around the same time. 

5 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Rand Paul finally gets his Fauci Ouchie. About damned time, too.

Fauci's denial that the work described by Rand Paul constitutes "gain of function" research is pretty questionable.   In my opinion, Fauci is lying and obfuscating to avoid answering the questions.

‘I’m sorry, but it’s too late’: Alabama doctor on treating unvaccinated, dying COVID patients

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

Three COVID-19 vaccines have been widely available in Alabama for months now, yet the state is last in the nation in vaccination rate, with only 33.7 percent of the population fully vaccinated. COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations are surging yet again due to the more contagious Delta variant of the virus and Alabama’s low vaccination rate.

In the United States, COVID is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated, according to the head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Alabama, state officials report 94% of COVID hospital patients and 96% of Alabamians who have died of COVID since April were not fully vaccinated.

“A few days later when I call time of death,” continued Cobia on Facebook, “I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.”

“They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’. But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can’t. So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives.”

They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’. 

That's because cunts on forums like this are allowed to spread disinformation about this virus all over the internet like it's their right. And if anyone thinks this forum is bad for disinformation, I can only imagine what it's like on the average American guns n' ammo forum. That's before we even talk about Facebook.

So who should we believe ? Are you saying the government that lied to you about Brexit are now telling the truth about covid and not using misinformation of their own for their political agenda ?