9,779 posts in this topic

D'ont really see why it matters,  some people prefer to use the yellow impf papier pass, some people prefer to use an app, as long as both work then why does it matter, neither is wrong

The yellow book will not work everywhere.  But with your yellow Impfpass you will be able to get a paper equvalent of the online thing,   Official European approved with QR code.  

A question for those that have done the Apotheke thing. Do you need proof of address? I saw on TV someone handing over their Impfpass and ID card but of course I only have my passport with no address on it.

28 minutes ago, Dembo said:

A question for those that have done the Apotheke thing. Do you need proof of address? I saw on TV someone handing over their Impfpass and ID card but of course I only have my passport with no address on it.

I asked today at an Apotheke and was told that all I need is ein Ausweis (ID) und Impfpass.  I will update ASAP.

45 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I asked today at an Apotheke and was told that all I need is ein Ausweis (ID) und Impfpass.  I will update ASAP.

I went to my Apotheke this afternoon with my CDC Covid Vaccination Record (the small white card), a copy of the RP letter confirming the CDC card is a suitable substitute for the Impfpass, and my Aufenthaltstitel.  The woman at the counter was familiar with the CDC card and asked to see my CAC so she could verify my DOD ID number that is on the CDC card.

The website to create digital record was down, but she made a copy of my Aufenthaltstitel and the CDC card and will call me when the papers are ready.

12 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

My husband just came home from the Apotheke with both of our certificates.  He gave them each Impfpass and Aufenthaltstitel.  😃  Just had our 2nd jabs about a week ago at the Hausarzt.  All's well that ends well.

I just came back from the pharmacy with mine.  The lady said sometimes the system is overloaded but she'll try.  She took my passport and yellow impfpass and came back a few minutes later with 2 certificates, one for each shot.  They are supposed to be folded twice to make a book style certificate.  Are in German and English.  Have an EU logo in front.  On the inside cover it states that this is not a travel document and to please check requirements of the country you are going to.  Have my name and birthdate on it and the dates of my shots.

After leaving the pharmacy, I scanned both certificates with a cov pass app which I downloaded yesterday and now my phone claims that I'm fully vaccinated as of tomorrow, June 17.  I had my 2nd shot on June 2.

1 minute ago, MikeMelga said:

Does this apply to vaccination center shots or only for doctor?

My shots were from a vaccination center.  According to my info this is a plan to have a standardized electronic impfpass so if you have a yellow impfpass (maybe other certificate will work too?), you can get a certificate with a QR code at the pharmacy, scan it with the app and the app will show that (your name) + (your birthdate) was vaccinated on (date1) and (date2).  There are two apps available called cov pass and cov warn app and the pharmacies are apparently getting 18€ for each individual processed, hence the smaller pharmacies like the one closest to my house are the first to jump in.  See https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/Digitaler-Corona-Impfnachweis-Hohe-Nachfrage-zum-Start,corona8116.html

I hope Portugal manages to keep a lid on their numbers which are unfortunately showing a steady climb. We've booked accommodation, flights and a rental car for the start of August and we are flying into Lisbon which was a hotspot I believe. 

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2021-04-22..latest&pickerSort=asc&pickerMetric=location&Metric=Confirmed+cases&Interval=7-day+rolling+average&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=IRL~GBR~DEU~PRT

4 minutes ago, murphaph said:

I hope Portugal manages to keep a lid on their numbers which are unfortunately showing a steady climb. We've booked accommodation, flights and a rental car for the start of August and we are flying into Lisbon which was a hotspot I believe. 

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2021-04-22..latest&pickerSort=asc&pickerMetric=location&Metric=Confirmed+cases&Interval=7-day+rolling+average&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=IRL~GBR~DEU~PRT

Yeah, Lisbon is not keeping it well under control. Stupid rules, like forcing masks on the street, but not inside restaurants.

August is a very long time from now, things will change dramatically as vaccination advances. Contrary to Germany, they are following age as the key vaccination priority. Now they are at >40years, so eventually they reach the spreaders, the young adults partying hard.

Most vaccines in Portugal are Pfizer, so efficacy should be very good. My expectation is that between mid-end of July this things dies out.

I hope you're right. Hopefully we'll have our vaccine certs by then too. Is Portugal still allowing UK travellers in?

It seems Last week was really strong here. Just over 5 million vaccinations were administered last Monday-Friday. That's an amazing achievement. They are vaccinating as fast as stocks arrive so the weekend dips are not impacting the programme yet. 

https://impfdashboard.de/

2 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Is Portugal still allowing UK travellers in?

I believe so, yes. But the UK isn't, in principle, allowing it citizens to travel there.

Ah ok, so same difference. The UK can handle their increases as they have a headstart in vaccinations but if the delta variant got established in the EU it might not be so manageable and might indeed cause a significant rise in hospitalisations -> lockdown. If we can just keep the delta variant under control a bit longer I think we'll win that particular race.

27 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Ah ok, so same difference. The UK can handle their increases as they have a headstart in vaccinations but if the delta variant got established in the EU it might not be so manageable and might indeed cause a significant rise in hospitalisations -> lockdown. If we can just keep the delta variant under control a bit longer I think we'll win that particular race.

Yep, indeed. Which is why I'm so pissed off these days. I haven't been home in 3 years now, the grandparents are pining to see their only grandchild, and all the while, seemingly everyone I know right now is fully vaccinated and swanning around Europe on their holidays. It's turning out to be a shit summer for me. England winning the EM and Germany crashing out in the group stages would help a bit though.

Well judging by their respective performances so far your wish might yet come true! My missus is half German, half Hungarian so she got to lose twice yesterday lol.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

TBH Uk's lead is now not much more than Germany and they have the handicap of large percentage of AZ, which means they need to reach higher percentage of vaccinations to reach herd immunity. I think by beginning of August they will be leveled with Europe, and perhaps even earlier.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

But they are talking already about lifting most measures, first last night I heard on the radio about lifting the FFP2 requirements and going back to medical masks, and this morning I heard that they want to remove the mask requirements at all soon.   Seriously?  We are just getting out of the deep crap and they want to start taking risks so soon?   Everyone is used already to the masks, and they are required only in indoor places and public transport, leaving the measures for one or two months more until we have better data wouldn't kill anyone.  I guess they want to cut the "alternative thinking" people some slack.

Listening to the radio in the car today it did seem as though they are on your page, Krieg, and the 'lifting' of the Maskenpflicht is only for outside, in some circumstances. I hope it stays that way for a good long time.