4,953 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Am wondering what good a test does anyway for someone not in a risk group or not living with someone in a risk group, other than make someone whose illness will most likely fall into the majority of relatively mild cases worry more?

Check how China managed to control the virus, think about it and then read your post again.

12 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Am wondering what good a test does anyway for someone not in a risk group or not living with someone in a risk group, other than make someone whose illness will most likely fall into the majority of relatively mild cases worry more?

The testing is much more important on a community level rather than a personal one.

By testing, the health authorities should be able to get a much better picture of disease spread, concentration, possible movement that can help with planning....it's an epidemiological issue. The more information we have on a broader scale, the easier (theoretically) it should be to work accordingly.

5 minutes ago, tokeshu said:

No.

The right thing = notifying the appropriate authorities, getting a confirmation or not that this is actually what she might have so the authorities have the information they can use to help track the spread of the disease.

They told her on the phone that they don`t need to see her, so they don`t need to see her.

What you think is the right thing and what they think is the right thing are completely 2 different things.

That's a rather cavalier attitude for a guy who has a bum ticker and is therefore especially reliant on herd immunity, isn't it?

Or do you just relish being wrong about everything, all the time?

You seem like you could use some cheering up - should I tell some jokes?

7 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Seems like questions about the proximity to risk groups aren’t always asked when contacting doctors by telephone. In the case of my husband’s colleague...he works at a major international airport with daily access to all areas, has had contact with family returning from Italy and has colleagues over the ages of 50 and 60 with serious health conditions...heart, lungs and diabetes.  Mild cases transmit to others...the level of severity varies.  

4 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

That's a rather cavalier attitude for a guy who has a bum ticker and is therefore especially reliant on herd immunity, isn't it?

Or do you just relish being wrong about everything, all the time?

You seem like you could use some cheering up - should I tell some jokes?

Do you know why my posts on the comedy threads get mysteriously removed?

Looks like you might have your mod privileges back. Congratulations.

2 hours ago, tokeshu said:

Ok - so here's a development that underscores what I wrote earlier today about the lack of official response.

My German was just sent home from the institution in which she teaches. She has been feeling unwell for a couple of days but this morning this developed into a strong headache, fever with chills and respiratory distress. We were in Alsace a week ago.

Keep us updated.

First death in Ireland with 50 recorded cases. 2% death rate with zero strain on the system. I wouldn't fancy my chances in two weeks.

40 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Inapropriate trolling?

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

exactly.  It's so shitty when people arrive sick in the office and pass it around, no matter what the bug is

ffs we do get paid sick leave in Germany - USE IT!

Absolutely right. Unfortunately, some of my husband‘s colleagues are utter ar**holes. As I mentioned, the airport pays staff bonuses with deductions for sick leave. Something like 3% deduction per sick day.  The bloke in question sent a text to colleagues saying he had Covid19. When my husband responded along the lines of WTF, are you serious..no, just joking ‘Ich hab ja meinen Stolz’.  Some weird thing circulated about being too proud to get this virus??.

Another Ahole colleague regularly comes to work sick...I don’t care who I infect as long as I earn my bonus. 

No hope really avoiding further infections at one of Europe’s biggest airports.

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Because you`re not funny ?

12 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Because you`re not funny ?

5e690cb263cf6_712BcH40YLkL1.png.5ed8cecc

He's so humor-impaired, it wouldn't surprise me if he qualified for a handicapped parking permit.

How serious are isolations measures really?  Just head that a parent at my daughter’s school has confirmed CV.  Only his kid and the kid’s teacher are now quarantined. Is that really sufficient?

3 hours ago, French bean said:

Where's @MikeMelga and his graph? Lets see how we're doing.

More data only after 18:00-18:30... If the trend remains exponential, we will reach 1000 deaths today. If the recent slowdown is maintained, we get 900.