9,777 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Metall said:

I just heard on the radio that the Corona Warnapp and Katastrophenschutzapp NINA will in future show your vaccination status.

However, they said the system isn't ready yet, hopefully in the next days.
It seems you'll get a QR code from your doctor or vaccination center to scan by the app. You can also have it sent by paper mail if you already are vaccinated - I didn't get the details, but would say things aren't up and running just now.

By the time I get vaccinated, version 2.0 will be rolled out :).

The app is available on chip.de for both android and apple - but not compatible with "older" smartphones.

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

I have the Corona Warn App.  If you download the latest version, it has an integrated Impfpass.  Only problem (or perhaps my first problem) is it is saying my QR code is invalid.   Ideas anyone?

Same issue. As I took mine at a doctor, it seems we need to go to a pharmacy, starting on the 14th, so they can issue a digital certificate with proper QR. Check the online documentation, starting from the App.

45 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Same issue. As I took mine at a doctor, it seems we need to go to a pharmacy, starting on the 14th, so they can issue a digital certificate with proper QR. Check the online documentation, starting from the App.

The doctor at the Impfzentrum yesterday said it should work with the Impfbescheinigung QR codes they gave me.   Will try again in a few days.

It will be interesting to see how those of us who received our vaccinations through the U.S. military will manage with the digital process.  We received the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card that has the vaccine name, lot number, date of injection, and medical facility, but no QR code.  My German wife received her vaccination through the U.S. Military, and they put the same information in her Impfpass, but no QR code.

For now, the U.S. military has negotiated with Rheinland-Pfalz and the city of Wiesbaden to issue documents that confirm the CDC card is proof of vaccination.  The RP letter states:

"Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

das vorgelegte Dokument “COVID-19” ist die amtliche Bestätigung der U.S. Streitkräfte in Deutschland dafür, dass die Person auf deren Namen das Dokument ausgestellt ist, vollständig gegen COVID-19 geimpft ist. Dies entweder 14 Tage nach Erhalt der 2. Impfung mit “Modern” oder Pfizer-BioNTech”, oder nach einmaliger Impfung mit “Johnson & Johnson”.

Das vorgelegte Dokument ist dann gültig, wenn es mit dem umseitig gezeigten Beispiel übereinstimmt und zusammen mit einer Personenidentifikation vorgelegt wird."

Translation for those like me who are not fluent:

"Dear Sir or Madam,

The submitted document "COVID-19" is the official confirmation of the U.S. Armed Forces in Germany that the person in whose name the document is issued has been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is either 14 days after receiving the 2nd vaccination with "Modern" or Pfizer-BioNTech", or after a single vaccination with "Johnson & Johnson".

The document presented is valid if it matches the example shown overleaf and is presented with personal identification."

For now, no one can confirm if this will be a state by state, or city by city, process or if someone will develop a suitable digital version compatible with the various smart phone applications.  The only recommendation is to carry the letters as issued with the CDC card and hope they will be accepted when presented.

2 hours ago, JG52 said:

We received the CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card that has the vaccine name, lot number, date of injection, and medical facility, but no QR code.

I wonder whether the CDC card of US residents will be accepted without questioning. It doesn´t have a QR code and seems easy to falsify. My daughter will find out in a few weeks.

If it does not work, at least on holiday within Germany you can keep doing Schnelltests every 2 days.  And they are free.  And if you are fully vaxxed you are unlikely to test positive.

5 hours ago, snowingagain said:

The doctor at the Impfzen/trum yesterday said it should work with the Impfbescheinigung QR codes they gave me.   Will try again in a few days.

Which Bescheinigung is that? They only gave me an Impfpass.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

I wonder whether the CDC card of US residents will be accepted without questioning. It doesn´t have a QR code and seems easy to falsify. My daughter will find out in a few weeks.

This is the same card the U.S. Military is using in Germany.  There is nothing special about these cards, and they are easy to duplicate.

My friends in Texas and Virginia told me theirs have the information hand-written with no stamps or special markings, but they are accepted at face value.  I looked closely at mine, and couldn't find any feature that would be difficult to duplicate with basic office software and suitable card stock.

1 hour ago, Dembo said:

Which Bescheinigung is that? They only gave me an Impfpass.

Both times got an A4 sheet headed "Impfung Bescheinigung" with my name address date of birth.  Name of test centre, name of vaccine and its code.  Name and date of doctor jabbing.  And a corresponding QR code.   In addition to the Impfpass stickers and stamps.

10 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Both times got an A4 sheet headed "Impfung Bescheinigung" with my name address date of birth.  Name of test centre, name of vaccine and its code.  Name and date of doctor jabbing.  And a corresponding QR code.   In addition to the Impfpass stickers and stamps.

Thanks. I didn't get that. But I just checked the email and it says:

Von uns werden keine wieteren Bescheinigungen ausgestellt. Falls Sie für eine Reise oder ähnliches eine weitere Bescheinigung benötigen, können Sie diese durch Ihren Hausarzt nach der Impfung erhalten.

(We won't give you one. Go to your Hausarzt if you need it).

Though I've read that the plan is to send a QR code by post to everyone who had theirs at an Impfzentrum which is got to be a lot better than again getting millions of people to go to the Hausarzt.

In Niedersachsen you are supposed to get your QR code for your digital vaccination certificate at a pharmacy, see https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/Digitaler-Impfpass-1800-Apotheken-in-Niedersachsen-dabei-,corona8116.html

Here it says that you  will get the code at vacc. centers, GP's and pharmacies: https://www.morgenpost.de/vermischtes/article232265691/digitaler-impfpass-covpass-nachweis-corona-impfung-apotheke.html

The Oxford-AstraZeneca (AZN.L) coronavirus vaccine was put under more pressure this weekend as the leading EU drugs regulator recommended that countries should avoid giving it to people over the age of 60.

The shot has been under intense scrutiny since its rollout began due to reports of extremely rare blood clots. Reuters reported that the head of the EU COVID-19 task force was quoted on Sunday recommending using other vaccines for over 60s as they become available. 

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) considers the vaccine safe for all age groups, and has been clear in its advice that the benefits of taking the vaccine outweigh the risks, however some member states have restricted its use in the older population.

The UK has also previously recommended using an alternative to the AstraZeneca shot for those under the age of 40.

"In a pandemic context, our position was and is that the risk-benefit ratio remains favourable for all age groups," COVID-19 task force chief Marco Cavaleri told the Italian newspaper La Stampa.

Cavaleri noted that due to caseloads falling and the fact that younger people are less exposed to the risks of COVID, using vaccines with mRNA technology, such as ones from Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech, would be preferable.

The news follows the Italian government restricting the rollout of the AstraZeneca vaccine to people aged over 60. 

Read more: PM doubles down on Northern Ireland protocol threat in post-Brexit trade spat

Some scientists worry that the back and forth on the AstraZeneca vaccine, which was one of the first to be approved by regulators, has undermined confidence in the jab. 

Roberto Burioni, one of Italy’s leading virologists, said in an interview that government regulators and AstraZeneca “communicated very very badly.” 

“We are losing the trust of even the most enthusiastic people.”

Got the vaccine at an Impfzentrum in S-H already

Today (first day of the digital vaccination program) I visited my local Apotheke

with Perso and yellow vaccination book containing two stamps from the two 

Covid 19 vaccinations.

Apotheke looked at my Perso and typed into his computer.

5 mins later I'm handed two "EU Covid-19 Vaccination Certificates"

which are DIN A4 pages with details about me and the time/date/mfg details of vaccination

written in such a way that I could fold them into 4 and they would each resemble a book.

BTW it's in English and German !!

(Writing cunningly organised so that the 4 page "book" reads from left to right...)

Oh yes, the QR codes on them were accepted by my Corona Warn App

and correctly note that I will only be fully vaccinated later this week.

Germany (or at least S-H) got it right on the advertised date...

(Have to admit that I'm somewhat surprised...'cos I'm a cynical bugger at heart)

3 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

@HH_Sailor: consider yourself lucky since the server of the RKI collapsed because of the high traffic from the pharmacies.

Oh well, my cynicsm was well founded then.:ph34r:

And yes, I had a career in IT so fully expect servers to be under spec'd

World Cup when in DE,

Any of the early vaccine appointment programs

etc.

Maybe on a lucky streak and time for a lottery ticket ?

I don't have a yellow vaccination book, I have a white A4 page signed by my doctor with a stamp and a sticker. I hope that does the trick.

Question: those vaccinated at the vaccination center are also required to go to the pharmacy?

2 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I don't have a yellow vaccination book, I have a white A4 page signed by my doctor with a stamp and a sticker. I hope that does the trick.

Question: those vaccinated at the vaccination center are also required to go to the pharmacy?

If you do not have the QR code, which probably you don't, then yes, you have to go and get it.  Notice not every pharmacy does this, you have to find one that do it.

If you have the QR code then scan it int he Corona-Warn app and try.