9,734 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, cb6dba said:

Maybe the next virus will be more deadly and we will have an evolution event as everyone who goes to demonstrations against lockdown measures will get ill. Showing their behavior will allow the next virus to be developed to exploit them.

I think this was a turning point. mRNA vaccines showed their potential. My guess is that a full vaccination for a more dangerous virus can start within 2-4 months after the outbreak. And get everyone vaccinated within 2 months. Technically, I think vaccination can even start in the same month as the outbreak, but of course you need a minimum number of tests.

I think Europe, US and China will keep production capacity available and will pay these companies small fortunes for it.

It will probably be more difficult to handle GDPR issues than to actually produce and give vaccines.

Question: has the government announced newer levels of lockdown reduction? What happens when numbers go below 25? Or 10?

1 minute ago, MikeMelga said:

What happens when numbers go below 25? Or 10?

There will be much rejoicing and dancing in the streets. With mask or without - that is the question. At what point do we finally get to chuck these things away?

I will continue wearing a mask on public transport. No more colds for me!!

1 hour ago, Metall said:

It's coming in to summer, that mask also stops a person having to deal with the full nasal "usual" public transport summer smells problem.

It doesn't cut them out completely, but it stops the full stink getting through.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

I actually carry a mask for my business trips to Asia, I think it's very impolite to be sneezing in public transport there without it!

I still feel it's awkward to use it here after the pandemic... but maybe it catches up!

By now it is already old news, but I didn't see anyone mentioning it.   It seems it was very easy to open a testing spot for the fast tests, at least in Berlin, you only had to go there and watch a video and hire two nurses and you were in business.  The government is paying 18 EUR for each given test.  So it was just a matter of time until some clever person saw an opportunity there and now we have the fast test corruption rings.   It has been detected a couple of testing points that were faking the documents and claiming thousands of tests that didn't happen.  Where?  of course in Berlin Neukölln. 

4 hours ago, Krieg said:

By now it is already old news, but I didn't see anyone mentioning it.   It seems it was very easy to open a testing spot for the fast tests, at least in Berlin, you only had to go there and watch a video and hire two nurses and you were in business.  The government is paying 18 EUR for each given test.  So it was just a matter of time until some clever person saw an opportunity there and now we have the fast test corruption rings.   It has been detected a couple of testing points that were faking the documents and claiming thousands of tests that didn't happen.  Where?  of course in Berlin Neukölln. 

Berlin Mitte and Wedding as well.   

It was pretty clear that testing was a scam in one of the places my oldest son visited when the "Technician" explained that she thought the test had more validity if she swabbed both nostrils because sometimes the virus is only in one nostril.  

It is possible to get waivers for restaurants and bars off the street as well. 

It is a complete farce. 

Kids in primary and secondary schools in Berlin will start full time classes starting next week.

Ours went back this week.

Kid#4 reports that the younger kids are allowed out at break, his year are kept in the classroom they were last in. Duh. How that is supposed to be a good plan...

On 20.4.2021, 21:00:41, bramble said:

I got my first jab at the Impfzentrum this evening. My appointment was for 6 pm. There was a long, winding queue and it took a whole hour before I got my jab (Biontech). That was 2 hours ago. Am feeling fine so far.

I had my second jab (Biontech) an hour ago. This time there was no waiting time as there were fewer people due to lack of vaccines from Biontech. Only people getting their second jabs were there. 

12 hours ago, bramble said:

I had my second jab (Biontech) an hour ago. This time there was no waiting time as there were fewer people due to lack of vaccines from Biontech. Only people getting their second jabs were there. 

No after effects this morning except a slightly sore arm where the needle went in, though even less sore than the first time. 

I was talking to my neighbour (just turned 40, a family man with 2 teenage daughters) yesterday evening and told him that I had just had my second jab. He told me that a few days ago he had touched a friend who had also been vaccinated and a homeopath friend later told him that an innoculated person can transfer the virus by touching the skin of another person. I said I hardly think that can happen as it's normally transferred through aerosols in the air - hence the Maskenpflicht. He said he also didn't believe it but since he touched the other person he hasnn't been feeling well (so secretly he does believe it). Christ Allmighty! We have lived next door to each other for 10 years and I never realised he was so gullible. 

2 hours ago, bramble said:

No after effects this morning except a slightly sore arm where the needle went in, though even less sore than the first time. 

I was talking to my neighbour (just turned 40, a family man with 2 teenage daughters) yesterday evening and told him that I had just had my second jab. He told me that a few days ago he had touched a friend who had also been vaccinated and a homeopath friend later told him that an innoculated person can transfer the virus by touching the skin of another person. I said I hardly think that can happen as it's normally transferred through aerosols in the air - hence the Maskenpflicht. He said he also didn't believe it but since he touched the other person he hasnn't been feeling well (so secretly he does believe it). Christ Allmighty! We have lived next door to each other for 10 years and I never realised he was so gullible. 

Did you offer to sell him a tin foil hat? :)

I just had my 2nd shot this morning.  Decided to take my car for an inspection today because the shop is close to the vacc centre and so I was there way early for my appointment.  Only 8 people ahead of me.  Last time I waited 30 min. to get in and the process of getting vaccinated took another 30.  This time it was 15 and 15.  I recognized a couple of people that I saw 6 weeks ago also there for their 2nd shot but I also overheard a first timer asking what she would get and they said J&J but she would get to discuss with the Dr.  When I got out of there, they had around 20 people waiting outside.

I am a modest man and one who is willing to accept that there are people who are better informed on this forum than I  : )

I want to go to the UK to see family this summer. But have a short window of time, and if this 14 day quarantine could kibosh the whole thing to be honest, if me and family (both adults fully vaccinated) still have to quarantine for a full 2 weeks on return to Germany.

I know no one here has a crystal ball, but does anyone else predict/foresee the 14 day quarantine upon return to DE being lifted, as some stage this month/before mid/end july?

11 hours ago, bramble said:

And none of the vaccines contain the actual SARS-Cov2 virus anyway. Fucking homeopaths.