9,374 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, murphaph said:

Vaccines for all age groups from the 7th of June Bundesweit. If available etc.

Is that like a pub sign saying saying "Free beer tomorrow"?

9 hours ago, murphaph said:

Vaccines for all age groups from the 7th of June Bundesweit. If available etc.

Great. It's still impossible for me in Group 3 to get an appointment, but let's open the floodgates to everyone.

On the plus side I won't have to bother going to the Arzt to get an Attest.

1st AZ jab done yesterday. Organised by my workplace and performed by the company doctor.  This was open to all employees and their families.

1 hour ago, Dembo said:

Great. It's still impossible for me in Group 3 to get an appointment, but let's open the floodgates to everyone.

On the plus side I won't have to bother going to the Arzt to get an Attest.

Have you asked your GP if they are vaccinating?  Possibly you can be on standby and get a call if somebody doesn't show.  Possibly they are not even that busy with it.  I heard from someone whose sister works at a GP's office that she spent a whole shift doing callouts trying to get 20 people together who were willing to get the shot.  That's from their waiting list, not just random patients.  I suppose that some were not reachable, some probably couldn't come and some probably didn't want astra.  They were contemplating not doing the shots anymore, too much effort.

If there is a website you can register at, keep at it and you can catch a stray appointment.  The Niedersachsen website opened up for group 3 end of April or beginning of May.  I put a friend on the waiting list right away and then we checked off and on to see if we would find something for him.  On the 12th we found an appointment for the 14th so he already got his shot.  Got J&J so he doesn't have to go back.

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

None of us had to stay in every weekend for months on end in our late teens and early 20s.

Can't help wondering how this has affected STD stats. :ph34r:

Can anybody confirm if

https://sofort-impfen.de/

is for real?

I couldn't find any serious reviews of the page, only a very iffy RTL article saying it only was for Berlin and IIRC Brandenburg.

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

It must be real. Jeba put it up.

That's exactly why I'm worried. I'd like to get this independently and critically confirmed by somebody living in Germany before recommending it to other people, and have it turn out to be a scam.

It's definitely not a government web site, it's a private thing.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

That's exactly why I'm worried. I'd like to get this independently and critically confirmed by somebody living in Germany before recommending it to other people, and have it turn out to be a scam.

It's definitely not a government web site, it's a private thing.

I signed up to it. It only required my postcode and email address. I also heard about it on the radio the other day. As far as I know they just email you available appointments from GP's/Hausarzt within your area if they become available. I got a confirmation email that I had been signed up with email and postcode only. I am still waiting to see if I get offered an appointment. You can also unregister as well without any issues. All they ask for is your postcode and an email address when you register.

I also put my name down at my GP/Hausarzt as well. I cannot register yet at the impfzentrum as I am priority group 4 so not eligible yet.

2 hours ago, Metall said:

Can anybody confirm if

is for real?

I couldn't find any serious reviews of the page, only a very iffy RTL article saying it only was for Berlin and IIRC Brandenburg.

Here's an article about it, where it says that the Bundesregierung supports the platform such as the Kassenärztliche Bundesvereinigung.

https://www.rnd.de/gesundheit/sofort-impfen-de-darum-ist-das-impfportal-so-erfolgreich-S2RH7OLURVDZ5GYYUR3W4YC5RQ.html

Another one here: https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/riesiger-run-auf-neues-online-portal-naechste-woche-gibt-es-die-ersten-impftermine/27185866.html

I checked it out and it looks like a non-profit so people doing good stuff for free. They do ask for a donation but not mandatory.

I did wonder if it was for real. I've signed up, then having seen the "we're still building our platform" (or something like that message) had a big sense of Deja Vu and now I think I might have already signed up a couple of months ago. Oh well.

Also discovered this radar website, I think there's a few similar ones that are presumably just hitting the impterminservice website and making it even harder for people to get through.

https://impfterminradar.de/?state=baden_wuerttemberg

A minute ago Calw had some appointments! But now they've gone.

Anyone remember #Divigate? Yeah, me neither, but apparently it was trending on Twitter a little while back (as if that's any measure of credibility).

In any case, it seems like it was all bullshit: it looks like that in addition to being based largely on anecdata (witness the "citizen reporters" who claimed that stories of full intensive-care beds were made up), numbers were falsely reported, misinterpreted, or simply extracted from people's rectal cavities.

Whoda thunkit?

19 hours ago, Metall said:

Can anybody confirm if

is for real?

I couldn't find any serious reviews of the page, only a very iffy RTL article saying it only was for Berlin and IIRC Brandenburg

All the articles say the page only *collects* patient contacts, but hasn't issued any appointments yet. Hmm...

31 minutes ago, Metall said:

All the articles say the page only *collects* patient contacts, but hasn't issued any appointments yet. Hmm...

Doctor vaccination for-everyone was released on Monday in Berlin, how do you expect that they had already issued vaccinations?  Most practices do not have vaccines yet.

I will be surprised if that website actually works, but asking for results right now is unfair.