9,491 posts in this topic

The centre I went to yesterday plan to open 24 hours a day over the next 4 days to get more people through the first vaccination.

58 minutes ago, murphaph said:

If I'm not mistaken, yesterday was the first non-Wednesday with over a million shots administered.

Yeah me and tap helped by getting our shot :P

Risk compensation, it is called. Drivers take more risks when they feel safer, wearing seatbelts, driving big Chelsea tractors with airbags etc, they go just a bit faster, follow closer, brake later,create more danger for others. Durbin + Harvey, professors of statistics, calculated that 14% more walkers and 40% were killed in 'road accidents' after the seatbelt law was introduced

Source: DTp report October 1985 

I am guessing here.. people who have had a corona jab may feel they are freer to take risks. Feeling they are safe out there in the big, bad world. A bit like some people drive even more recklessly because they are wearing seat belts. I am pretty sure this also happens.

On 11.5.2021, 05:40:40, jeba said:

I wouldn´t recommend that. It´s unclear whether it impairs the efficacy of the vaccine and in theory it´s a possibility, especially for ibuprofen.

I happened to come across this: https://www.deutsche-apotheker-zeitung.de/daz-az/2009/daz-44-2009/paracetamolgabe-kann-impferfolg-beeintraechtigen

However, paracetamol administration also reduced the antibody response to vaccination. (deepl translation)

On 10.5.2021, 15:01:37, fraufruit said:

Keep taking your paracetamol or ibu or whatever until it is better. Try to stay ahead of it instead of playing catch up.

On 11.5.2021, 05:40:40, jeba said:

I wouldn´t recommend that. It´s unclear whether it impairs the efficacy of the vaccine and in theory it´s a possibility, especially for ibuprofen.

I happened to come across this: https://www.deutsche-apotheker-zeitung.de/daz-az/2009/daz-44-2009/paracetamolgabe-kann-impferfolg-beeintraechtigen

However, paracetamol administration also reduced the antibody response to vaccination. (deepl translation)

I got my appointment today for 27 May at 09:12

It will be Moderna or Pfizer. Not Astra Zenica

7 minutes ago, MadAxeMurderer said:

I got my appointment today for 27 May at 09:12

It will be Moderna or Pfizer. Not Astra Zenica

\o/

I'm going on Sunday for my Pfizer jab. \o/ \o/

I just heard that Johnson & Johnson was cancelled in Niedersachsen but looking it up I found that it's only cancelled for those under 60.  Also heard from someone whose sister works at a Hausarzt that it took her a whole shift of phonecalls to find 20 people willing to come in to get astra.  They are contemplating to stop doing it since it's not worth the effort.

I asked which vaccine, and she said Pfizer or the other one. Not Astra Zenica. It seems she felt the need to assure me it was not Astra Zenica. I then asked her was the other one Moderna and she said yes.

If given a choice between Astra Zenica today, and Pfizer/Moderna in 2 weeks, I would wait. If the wait was 6 months I'd the take the Astra Zenica.

But Pfizer/Moderna is obviously superiour for the recipient.

I get some of the other ones are innovative and don't need cryogenic storage. But I trust them here to have proper cold storage, and don't care about the difficult logistic they have to go through. I care about side effects and above all efficacy. 

Loads of doctors have said get ibuprofen for the shot effects. They wouldn’t be saying that if it impaired the efficacy 

The doctor I saw specifically said paracetamol. I wish I had asked her if there was a difference, as I only had Ibuprofen at home and had to stop off to buy some paracetamol. Luckily, didn't need any of it.  

51 minutes ago, Tap said:

The doctor I saw specifically said paracetamol. I wish I had asked her if there was a difference, as I only had Ibuprofen at home and had to stop off to buy some paracetamol. Luckily, didn't need any of it.  

There is a difference. Paracetamol seems to have less anti-inflammatory effects. But so far, nobody knows how it interferes with the immune response to the vaccines against covid. There is a clinical trial ongoing to examine exactly that question. If the answer would be known already it wouldn´t be needed.

7 minutes ago, jeba said:

But so far, nobody knows how it interferes with the immune response to the vaccines against covid.

So stop telling everyone how bad it is and that it will effect the efficacy. They don't even know yet. My doc recommended it for reactions to the vaccine. It was not recommended, however, to take anti-inflammatory meds before the vaccine so I didn't do that.

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

So stop telling everyone how bad it is and that it will effect the efficacy.

Could you please quote where I said it will? This is what I said:

3 hours ago, jeba said:

It´s unclear whether it impairs the efficacy of the vaccine and in theory it´s a possibility

I hate words being put into my mouth.

Just now, jeba said:

I hate words being put into my mouth.

Maybe you could try closing it once in a while when you don't know what you're talking about. Then it wouldn't be so easy for everyone to shove words in there.