9,469 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, yesterday said:

I went to get my first vaccination today, at the Munich imfzentrum, what I noticed was 

- There were a lot of younger people there, I thought we were still doing the over 60's mainly

- I got the feeling the place has a lot more capacity to inject if they had more vaccine.

- parking was easy 

- its well organized

- After my injection, half my face went mumb, on the side of the injected arm, did talk to the doctor about, he said it would go away.

I got my first vaccination today too, just outside Frankfurt in the impfzentrum.  

- Most of the people were my age or older.

- It all ran very smoothly. As people arrived, they were moved along, vaccinated and out the other side.

- Lots of parking 

- So far, no side effects being felt. They advise drinking lots of water and taking it easy today, which I'm doing.

Y'all remember to put a glass of water and Ibu/Paracetamol beside the bed tonight just in case. Also have a blanket handy in case you get chills.

Yes, they also recommended paracetamol, if needed, after 6 hours.  I'm just coming up to that, but still no need, I'm hoping it'll stay that way.

@yesterday how is the numbness now, has it gone away? 

39 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Y'all remember to put a glass of water and Ibu/Paracetamol beside the bed tonight just in case. Also have a blanket handy in case you get chills.

Thanks FF, I’ll remember this on Sat/Sun 🙏

34 minutes ago, Tap said:

Yes, they also recommended paracetamol, if needed, after 6 hours.  I'm just coming up to that, but still no need, I'm hoping it'll stay that way.

@yesterday how is the numbness now, has it gone away? 

Feel a lot better now, maybe start with a small headache

Worst things is I asked if I could drink beer, they said NO :angry:, not for 2 nights

16 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Worst things is I asked if I could drink beer, they said NO :angry:, not for 2 nights

Yea, they told me that too <_<

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Why did you ask? Why?  :lol::lol:

I always ask, sometimes they forget to tell you if you do not ask - better to be safe than sorry

2 hours ago, theGman said:

... everyone is calling around trying to get ahead of everyone else. If everyone just waited their turn.

Oh dear. Culture clash.

1 hour ago, yesterday said:

After my injection, half my face went mumb, on the side of the injected arm...

:blink:

16 hours ago, jeba said:

There are GPs who don´t vaccinate because it´s too much of a hassle. People arguing about what vaccine to get, wanting to change their appointment intervals, not showing up because they got vaccinated elsewhere without cancelling... And all that for little money may not be worth being blocked from treating regular patients.

Infact I would love that government put online some web site where people are free to decide to get anyvaccine available and refused...why freedom must be only one-way??

I am 41 almost and I am completely open and free for AZ despite a lot of people I talked with was scared...it is unlogic for me to think that some people has freedom to refuse and I do.not have freedoms to get it :/

5 hours ago, yesterday said:

I always ask, sometimes they forget to tell you if you do not ask - better to be safe than sorry

Mental note. 

don’t ask 😂

but kinda stupid :)

I take the vaccine to help me if I get the virus, if I then take beer and it affects how effective the vaccine I kinda shot myself in the foot

That's why I always ask, and try hard to do what the doctor says

you really think drinking 1, maybe 2 beers affects the efficacy of a virus vaccine?! nah

maybe it's not to do with the efficacy but could worsen or bring about unpleasant side effects?  Or maybe you don't want to give the body too many tasks at once?  Don't forget that the body has to work pretty hard to metabolize alcohol, even just a couple of beers.  Maybe one process interferes with the other...

16 minutes ago, oscar 63 said:

you really think drinking 1, maybe 2 beers affects the efficacy of a virus vaccine?! nah

I am not the doctor, he has studied medicine for years, I have no idea what the effects can be, but sorry I trust a doctor, on the best course of action for my health than my judgement or some random juy on the internet, no dis respect intended

Why take any chance that may effect the chance of the vaccine working for the sake of a couple of beers ???

Other times I have asked, the doctor has said yeah one ok is, but both me and TAP have been not to drink. and thats what I am doing

Update on the side effects from the vaccination yesterday - nothing!  I felt tired yesterday, but decided to have a really lazy day. I also drank a lot of water, more than I normally do. I don't know if either of these made any difference and I don't know if not having any side effects is a good thing or not. Some people say that having side effects is a sign that the body is doing it's job, but I don't know how true that is.

My second vaccination is on 22 June, lets see how that goes.

That website is still in the process of enlisting people who want to be vaccinated. It will probably only as of next week that they will actually start to arrange for vaccinations.

17 hours ago, yesterday said:

17 hours ago, Tap said:

Yea, they told me that too <_<

"Covid vaccines, alcohol and marijuana: What to know before your shot"

KEY POINTS

Dr. Anne Liu, an infectious disease physician at Stanford Health, told CNBC that a celebratory drink or two is totally fine.

“While there aren’t any studies on the effect of marijuana and Covid vaccine, it is unlikely to affect the immune response to vaccine,” Katherine Yang, a clinical professor of pharmacy at the University of California San Francisco told CNBC.

The general consensus among experts is that when it comes to consuming marijuana or alcohol, moderation is key.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/08/covid-vaccines-alcohol-and-marijuana-what-to-know-before-your-shot.html

Get my first shot today at 11:15.

A brewery in the US had a pop up vaccination unit and you got free beer with your vaccine.  

The UK changed its recommendation on not drinking for 2 days.  There were fears it would discourage people from attending.This from the land where hospitals had shortages of hand santiser as the patients kept drinking it.  And when it was thickened to a gel to discourage this, the patients ate it.  Makes me pround to be British.