9,375 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Another rabbit-hole waste of time brought to you by the letter Q. Full text here.

All those people in Latin America who are taking Ivermectin out of desperation are part of the Q conspiracy or under the spell of Q?   🤡

12 hours ago, karmakoma said:

Some good Samaritan can explain me why some people of group 4 have started to get vaccine, simply by calling the doctors? The funny things is that I asked the doctors' contacts to all of them (..all different, and all of them provided vaccines to 3 different people I know, which are group 4) and once I called them, they all deny the possibility to book/reserve but told me to refer either to the official impfung website (which I did since opened) or to my Haushartz (which unfortunately doesn't do vaccination).

Am I unlucky or do I start to suspect that the organization is the same as I left in Italy (Sarcasm as I am Italian)??? 

be clear: all these 3 people of group 4 with no risks case at home (Sickness pregnancy etc...) are Ausländer...I am just wondering where can I see formally a timeline of delivery, per Age, per area etc...that would be nice to avoid the idea that "Vitamin B" is overtaking the rules...

I have been suffering from vaccination envy recently. Seemingly everyone I know has had the vaccine now. A whole bunch of people who blagged it in to priority 3 and a good few priority 4 people who blagged it with some doctor or other. I am the only one not doing home office, the only one visiting a kita everyday, the only one wanting to travel asap to see family for the first time in years (incl. a dying cousin). The German "system" is really starting to piss me off. It's feels like the usual queue jumping attitude that exists everywhere here. At least in the UK the system at least feels fair. You can pretty much set your watch over there as to when you'll get it (according to your age group).

5 hours ago, Metall said:

The link above states Seehofer only had ONE Biontech jab (in April), he caught Covid before his second appointment. But that's a risk we already know about - the first jab produces a short lived weaker immunity.

It´s not an uncommon thing to happen apparently.

2 hours ago, theGman said:

I have been suffering from vaccination envy recently. Seemingly everyone I know has had the vaccine now. A whole bunch of people who blagged it in to priority 3 and a good few priority 4 people who blagged it with some doctor or other. I am the only one not doing home office, the only one visiting a kita everyday, the only one wanting to travel asap to see family for the first time in years (incl. a dying cousin). The German "system" is really starting to piss me off. It's feels like the usual queue jumping attitude that exists everywhere here. At least in the UK the system at least feels fair. You can pretty much set your watch over there as to when you'll get it (according to your age group).

I feel ya. I get it, was suffering from similar feelings that were dragging me down.

A few things:

- Unless you have specific medical reasons to fear AZ (which has been released from prioritization), start calling every GP in town. Get on their wait lists!

- You can also contact the Bayerische Impfkommission https://www.impfkommission.bayern/bayimpfkom and apply for an individual case decision (Antrag auf Einzelfallentscheidung). This is mostly for non standard medical reasons - my colleague for example is 100% handicapped but didn't fit the risk factor checklist, so he applied and was recently accepted for vaccination.

- Get written proof from your employer if you are working in a system relevant/system critical area, especially if you have a supervisor position ("leitende Funktion").

- Does your employer have a Betriebsarzt (company doctor)? Contact them, vaccination by company doctors is about to start, push for it.

All failing, I can only tell you to keep your head up. Vaccination speed is picking up big time in Germany.

Just my two Eurocents from experience and talking to many people and my company.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

I feel ya. I get it, was suffering from similar feelings that were dragging me down.

A few things:

- Unless you have specific medical reasons to fear AZ (which has been released from prioritization), start calling every GP in town. Get on their wait lists!

- You can also contact the Bayerische Impfkommission https://www.impfkommission.bayern/bayimpfkom and apply for an individual case decision (Antrag auf Einzelfallentscheidung). This is mostly for non standard medical reasons - my colleague for example is 100% handicapped but didn't fit the risk factor checklist, so he applied and was recently accepted for vaccination.

- Get written proof from your employer if you are working in a system relevant/system critical area, especially if you have a supervisor position ("leitende Funktion").

- Does your employer have a Betriebsarzt (company doctor)? Contact them, vaccination by company doctors is about to start, push for it.

All failing, I can only tell you to keep your head up. Vaccination speed is picking up big time in Germany.

Just my two Eurocents from experience and talking to many people and my company.

Or do what my next door neighbour did, get his dad (or an elderly friend?) write a letter saying you are their primary carer..

Dishonest, I know..

Yeah please don't do that as there are actually carers who are still waiting for their vaccination. I read an article about it earlier.

The speed of vaccinations is really picking up and the planned deliveries are huge. We may have to wait a few more weeks but on a global map Germany is way ahead of most of the world. There are people on this earth who won't even have their first shot this time next year I bet. None of us really deserve to be vaccinated ahead of them but we will all be. Even the youngest ones here.

I have a bit of envy of my British colleagues getting vaccinated, but not so much when they're ill afterwards.

A question: I'm on the impfterminservice.de site. I've opened a tab for each of the two options for Stuttgart. It asks if I've had my eligibility checked and I say no and it tells me there are no appointments. I've been leaving those tabs open and several times a day pressing that no button after which it thinks for a couple of seconds and says there are no appointments available.

But am I doing this wrong? If I refresh the page I go back to the "Virtueller Waterraum" and then eventually get back to the same page and say No again and it again tells me there are no appointments. Does refreshing the page and going through the waiting room make a difference? Anyone with experience of actually getting through this thing? 

I'm last priority but hoping to be offered BionTech.  I'm pretty sure I've already had shingles.  (The things I picked up while working in German Kitas would curl your toes to hear about, among them scarlet fever, which we consider an obsolete pioneer disease from the 19th century and which they combatted by hanging a handwritten sign on the door warning pregnant women not to enter.  I was lucky not to ever catch whooping cough which also made the rounds while I was doing that work.)  IIRC shingles remains dormant in the body for your lifetime and I think I had one "reactivation" some months after the initial infection.  Will it be dangerous for me to get it "reactivated" through BionTech?  Not that I will let that prevent me getting the jab, I just want to know if there are any more things I will have an opportunity to get worked up about this year :lol::ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Dembo said:

But am I doing this wrong? If I refresh the page I go back to the "Virtueller Waterraum" and then eventually get back to the same page and say No again and it again tells me there are no appointments. Does refreshing the page and going through the waiting room make a difference? Anyone with experience of actually getting through this thing? 

Also in BW and I had this for a few days.  Then I got a stage further, had my eligiblity checked, my age asked for, and a code given.  Put the code in, and then it said there were no appointments!  But at least from then I could say "yes" to "has your eligibility been checked?". Then in the afternoon suddenly given choice of 10 appointments.   Ditto with my husband.   So I think it is matter of chance and perserverence. Good luck.

44 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

IIRC shingles remains dormant in the body for your lifetime and I think I had one "reactivation" some months after the initial infection.  Will it be dangerous for me to get it "reactivated" through BionTech?  Not that I will let that prevent me getting the jab, I just want to know if there are any more things I will have an opportunity to get worked up about this year :lol::ph34r:

Ask your doctor. 

There is actually a vaccine for shingles, but it is usually recommended in over 50s. Ask if you should get one first. If you need one it needs to be over 2 weeks before your first BionTech. 

38 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Also in BW and I had this for a few days.  Then I got a stage further, had my eligiblity checked, my age asked for, and a code given.  Put the code in, and then it said there were no appointments!  But at least from then I could say "yes" to "has your eligibility been checked?". Then in the afternoon suddenly given choice of 10 appointments.   Ditto with my husband.   So I think it is matter of chance and perserverence. Good luck.

Thanks. I did once get to the second stage, put in my age and then it told me there were no appointments (no code given). I assume this is because I am/was too young for AZ which presumably is all they had. 

My employer has said they'll be vaccinating people from June. I think that's probably my best opportunity.

1 hour ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I was lucky not to ever catch whooping cough

If you don´t want to rely on luck you better get vaccinated against it.

3 hours ago, Metall said:

A few things:

Thanks for the tips. Especially the Bayerische Impfkommission - not for me but maybe good info for somebody else.

I have no fear of AZ at all. However, my main priority is a trip to England in August. AZ has a 12 week gap to the second does I believe, which means 14 weeks to be considered vollständig geimpft. We have a flight booked in 13 weeks and 5 days. So I'm thinking to hold out for something else.

I am on the waiting list at our GP. Our employer has also mentioned the possibility of getting it through them, but they are still working on that. But otherwise, this is exactly what I mean. It doesn't feel right to me to have a system where everyone is calling around trying to get ahead of everyone else. If everyone just waited their turn. Maybe it's just the British in me wanting to queue so bad. I want to get it done ASAP of course, but I am prepared to wait my turn. My envy and my problem comes from the fact that it doesn't feel like everyone else around me is waiting fairly and patiently for their turn.

3 hours ago, Metall said:

start calling every GP in town. Get on their wait lists!

And don´t forget to cancel if you got it elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, theGman said:

I have no fear of AZ at all. However, my main priority is a trip to England in August. AZ has a 12 week gap to the second does I believe, which means 14 weeks to be considered vollständig geimpft. We have a flight booked in 13 weeks and 5 days. So I'm thinking to hold out for something else.

You can actually shorten the gap in consultation with your doctor and now anyone over 18 is eligible to get AZ. 

2 minutes ago, theGman said:

It doesn't feel right to me to have a system where everyone is calling around trying to get ahead of everyone else. If everyone just waited their turn. Maybe it's just the British in me wanting to queue so bad. I want to get it done ASAP of course, but I am prepared to wait my turn. My envy and my problem comes from the fact that it doesn't feel like everyone else around me is waiting fairly and patiently for their turn.

I'm Canadian,  but can completely understand your frustration. 

I didn't call around and ask a bunch of doctors, either.

Instead, I occasionally refreshed my data at the Bavarian vaccination registry portal (because the risk factor lists changed), was in group 3, and got my text message yesterday.

Went on the appointment page and picked the first one with only six weeks between jabs.

Simple, but required patience.

I've found that here in Niedersachsen, they sometimes have appointments available if you check in the early afternoon.  I've been trying to check for a friend and today at 13:10 they had appointments for Johnson & Johnson and at 14:10 they were all gone.  Unfortunately I couldn't reach him to book an appointment so I guess I'll check again tomorrow.

I went to get my first vaccination today, at the Munich imfzentrum, what I noticed was 

- There were a lot of younger people there, I thought we were still doing the over 60's mainly

- I got the feeling the place has a lot more capacity to inject if they had more vaccine.

- parking was easy 

- its well organized

- After my injection, half my face went mumb, on the side of the injected arm, did talk to the doctor about, he said it would go away.