9,375 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Metall said:

My colleague and his son (healthy strapping men) both got AZ - and were down for two days with fever and chills.

That seems to be the story. My Dad got Biontech and was fine (so I know 50% of my DNA is okay with it). The good news it that my colleague who was off sick for a couple of days after the first dose noticed nothing at all after the second.

2 hours ago, Metall said:

My colleague and his son (healthy strapping men) both got AZ - and were down for two days with fever and chills.

It's still better than getting Covid, but if you have a choice of vaccine...

All my family in UK had AZ with no side effects

I had virtually none (slight hangover feeling), my wife had a light fever, we were both in work the next day. I know a load of people who have had no side effects, but most colleagues take 1 day off sick.

My sister in Ireland has AZ and was really ill after it for 2 days. Her doctor recommended having some good quality ice-cream on hand, and she claims it really helped.  I've also heard a doctor here in Germany recommending it too.  I'm getting BioNTech tomorrow morning, I'll let you all know on Wednesday how I'm doing and how much ice-cream I've eaten :rolleyes:

ha ha that ice cream is new to me, but hey ho, any excuse : )

3 hours ago, Metall said:

It's still better than getting Covid, but if you have a choice of vaccine...

All my family in UK had AZ with no side effects

I had virtually none (slight hangover feeling), my wife had a light fever, we were both in work the next day. I know a load of people who have had no side effects, but most colleagues take 1 day off sick.

Everybody reacts differently to vaccinations. I know a number of people who react badly to the flu vaccination every year, but I've never had any reaction at all, not even a sore arm. I'll take it as it comes over the next few days and see, but I'm staying positive. In the end, I'd rather have it than not.

Some good Samaritan can explain me why some people of group 4 have started to get vaccine, simply by calling the doctors? The funny things is that I asked the doctors' contacts to all of them (..all different, and all of them provided vaccines to 3 different people I know, which are group 4) and once I called them, they all deny the possibility to book/reserve but told me to refer either to the official impfung website (which I did since opened) or to my Haushartz (which unfortunately doesn't do vaccination).

Am I unlucky or do I start to suspect that the organization is the same as I left in Italy (Sarcasm as I am Italian)??? 

be clear: all these 3 people of group 4 with no risks case at home (Sickness pregnancy etc...) are Ausländer...I am just wondering where can I see formally a timeline of delivery, per Age, per area etc...that would be nice to avoid the idea that "Vitamin B" is overtaking the rules...

2 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Their Hausärzte are doing Covid vaccinations.  Yours is not.   

Mine is a "Arzt, Allgemeinmediziner"...so what is supposed to do? Cut slices of prosciutto? ...if someone is in my situation what should do? Find another doctor? To me doesn't sound so much logic... 

4 minutes ago, karmakoma said:

Mine is a "Arzt, Allgemeinmediziner"...so what is supposed to do? Cut slices of prosciutto? ...if someone is in my situation what should do? Find another doctor? To me doesn't sound so much logic... 

Not all family MDs are giving the Covid Vaccines.  The logistics of storage, bookings, extra staff mean that some choose not to give them. 

Get your fingers walking on the Booking site!

1 hour ago, karmakoma said:

.that would be nice to avoid the idea that "Vitamin B" is overtaking the rules...

I'd love to know what that means.

Vitamin B ( Beziehungen ).. it means you have connections ...ie it’s not what you know but who you know.

I just caught on the news this evening that Horst Seehoffer has tested positive for covid despite having had both vaccine shots (Bion-Tek), can't find anything further on the net, anyone else have more details?

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I just caught on the news this evening that Horst Seehoffer has tested positive for covid despite having had both vaccine shots (Bion-Tek), can't find anything further on the net, anyone else have more details?

10 minutes ago, HEM said:

The link above states Seehofer only had ONE Biontech jab (in April), he caught Covid before his second appointment. But that's a risk we already know about - the first jab produces a short lived weaker immunity.

15 hours ago, yesterday said:

and BionTech has been linked several times to  shingles

No problem. Just get vaccinated against shingles before you get your Biontech jab :lol:

14 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Keep taking your paracetamol or ibu or whatever until it is better. Try to stay ahead of it instead of playing catch up.

I wouldn´t recommend that. It´s unclear whether it impairs the efficacy of the vaccine and in theory it´s a possibility, especially for ibuprofen.

13 hours ago, Tap said:

Her doctor recommended having some good quality ice-cream on hand, and she claims it really helped.  I've also heard a doctor here in Germany recommending it too

I´d ask him for a prescription then. Hopefully your favourite ice-cream parlour will accept it.

9 hours ago, karmakoma said:

There are GPs who don´t vaccinate because it´s too much of a hassle. People arguing about what vaccine to get, wanting to change their appointment intervals, not showing up because they got vaccinated elsewhere without cancelling... And all that for little money may not be worth being blocked from treating regular patients.

5 hours ago, keith2011 said:

It is possible to get covid even after getting both shots but if you do, you will most likely have a mild case of it.  It is extremely rare for people to end up in hospital or die from it after having been vaccinated.