9,478 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I think it makes a good case for finally implementing tight regulation on science disclosure in the media. Those crackpot "doctors" and opinion makers should be silenced.

Yes Tucker Carlson, I'm talking about you too.

Please disclose the organizations or researchers who have taken money from the Gates Foundation as well.   

https://www.cjr.org/criticism/gates-foundation-journalism-funding.php

During the pandemic, news outlets have widely looked to Bill Gates as a public health expert on covid—even though Gates has no medical training and is not a public official. PolitiFact and USA Today (run by the Poynter Institute and Gannett, respectively—both of which have received funds from the Gates Foundation) have even used their fact-checking platforms to defend Gates from “false conspiracy theories” and “misinformation,” like the idea that the foundation has financial investments in companies developing covid vaccines and therapies.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

JPVi7Kf.jpg

Many of them  appear to go shopping like this ...

Photo of Man With Semi-Automatic Rifle in Starbucks Line Sparks Debate Over  Public Firearm Safety

But nope they don´t live their lives in fear.

4 hours ago, Mackle said:

China’s Sinopharm now approved by the WHO. 

Hmm.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/08/picture-of-two-pandemics-covid-cases-fall-in-rich-west-as-poorer-nations-suffer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Worldwide “more cases have been reported in the past two weeks than in the entire first six months of the pandemic”

that’s a sobering sentence, when all we are surrounded by on our little echo chambers are how we are annoyed that we can’t travel to Greece yet, or some other favored destination 

On 07/05/2021, 21:27:27, Keleth said:

Very useful! 👍 ( But stop your conspiracy theories about me!😂).

„I went within myself „ this evening! And chatted to a friend. And this non-anti vacc bloke ( moi ) has decided „ ok, fuck it. I‘ll have the jab here when I get back from Hamburg. I KNOW I won‘t die of Covid because I KNOW my end will come when I stumble through poor eyesight and it‘ll be when I trip over a dog.“😂

So fuck it. No preaching to myself about the pros and cons anymore and, yes , try and live healthily anyway.“

I will do it. Partly for selfish reasons- the way things are going, travelling will become a bureaucratic nightmare without the certificate or whatever and I have a bucket list...

PS: if I remember tomorrow morning, I will take a pic of where I pass by every morning mit Hund and think „ stumble..oh no...“

😟😀

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

I will do it.

Mines booked for next week. My company need me to travel to both Abu Dhabi and Muscat shortly, so it just makes it a lot easier - the unvaccinated can have huge delays when crossing from Dubai to Abu Dhabi due to the testing checkpoints in place. 

And I figure, as someone with Aspergers I’ve already got what Anti-vaxxers claim is a terrible affliction, so maybe my next vaccine I’ll be luckier 😛

13 hours ago, Keleth said:

Was hmming at him saying he wouldn't take medical advice from the internet and then linking internet medical advice.

No, I wasn‘t linking internet medical advice! I was linking to arguments going on within the medical profession/s.

Not the same thing!

6 hours ago, john g. said:

ll have the jab here when I get back from Hamburg.

You do know that you can get vaccinated in Germany as well if you have German health insurance (public or private, resident or not), don't you?

16 hours ago, oscar 63 said:

Worldwide “more cases have been reported in the past two weeks than in the entire first six months of the pandemic”

that’s a sobering sentence, when all we are surrounded by on our little echo chambers are how we are annoyed that we can’t travel to Greece yet, or some other favored destination 

Well, don't be so fast in judgment. Europe was the hardest hit for a long time. Europe also has a huge economical dependency to tourism. Going to Greece puts money on the table. And going on holidays to a 3rd world country, with a proper vaccination passport, also puts money on their table.

23 hours ago, Keleth said:

Photo of Man With Semi-Automatic Rifle in Starbucks Line Sparks Debate Over  Public Firearm Safety

Like this one?   

23 hours ago, Keleth said:

It's only because it isn't a drive through.

If it was he'd have driven his monster truck through.. 

39 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Well, don't be so fast in judgment. Europe was the hardest hit for a long time. Europe also has a huge economical dependency to tourism. Going to Greece puts money on the table. And going on holidays to a 3rd world country, with a proper vaccination passport, also puts money on their table.

Yes, but even so, the thought of europeans/americans - the lucky few -  travelling the world lording it over masked unvaccinated locals isn't one that sits very well with me.

1 hour ago, oscar 63 said:

Yes, but even so, the thought of europeans/americans - the lucky few -  travelling the world lording it over masked unvaccinated locals isn't one that sits very well with me.

In a perfect world, everybody would have access to a vaccine.  It's not a perfect world so which is better of the lucky few?  Should they travel the world spreading their $ or € among the unvaccinated masses or should they stay home and let the countries heavily dependent on tourism lose out on another season?

4 hours ago, LeonG said:

In a perfect world, everybody would have access to a vaccine.  It's not a perfect world so which is better of the lucky few?  Should they travel the world spreading their $ or € among the unvaccinated masses or should they stay home and let the countries heavily dependent on tourism lose out on another season?

well, personally speaking, I have two young children, so until they have a jab I don’t think we will be traveling anywhere non ‘essential’ (family visits) for some time.. 

Seems that the EU will not be ordering any more AstraZeneca vaccines after contract ends: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eus-breton-eu-did-not-renew-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-order-after-june-2021-05-09/

The European Union has not yet made any new orders for AstraZeneca (AZN.L) vaccines beyond June when their contract ends, European Internal Market Commissioner Thierry Breton said on Sunday.

They have put all second jabs to one side, I read here I think?

(so must be true)

1 minute ago, oscar 63 said:

They have put all second jabs to one side, I read here I think?

(so must be true)

Did you forget a link?   If not, what do you mean?