9,375 posts in this topic

I have a medical appointment in Hamburg ( not eye-related ) and will ask for medical advice re the jab in my case. I have only two weeks to start with, though. Then, depending on how certain logistical issues work out, have to return here before making another return to Hamburg later this year. 

I am, repeat to the power of 1,000 , not an anti-vacc person- just cautious and will not heed  medical advice on the internet. ( With one exception!)

Hey, our masks are beautiful! One is even with pictures of cute dogs donated by our vet!😂

By the way, in our province there has not been a single Covid-related death since the thing started. Rural. Precautions? Yes, always wear mask outside when out - including with dogs and no one around, no handshaking, hand sterilising all the time. Avoid unhygienic people 100 per cent of the time- very many here. 

Mind you, I should stop biting my nails when watching football matches!😂

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I hope you got more than a couple. They are required in all shops, etc. here in Munich. Why? Because your colorful array are crap and don't protect you or anyone else.

In Niedersachsen it suffices to wear a blue medical mask for the most part although Hamburg in particular seems to require ffp2 for public transport, haircuts and seeing a doctor, see https://www.hamburg.de/corona-maske/14847194/medizinische-masken/

57 minutes ago, john g. said:

By the way, in our province there has not been a single Covid-related death since the thing started. Rural. Precautions? Yes, always wear mask outside when out - including with dogs and no one around, no handshaking, hand sterilising all the time. Avoid unhygienic people 100 per cent of the time- very many here. 

And you´d be happy for it to continue like that forever or at least until a "safe" vaccine is found ?

We know you wouldn´t because you´ve complained about the restrictions on here before so you need to make your mind up.

1 hour ago, john g. said:

I am, repeat to the power of 1,000 , not an anti-vacc person- just cautious and will not heed  medical advice on the internet. ( With one exception!)

Have fun finding a Doctor or Scientist in real life who will tell you not to get vaccinated.

I would like Governments and medical experts to agree on which vaccine is safe/ safest and not keep changing their minds about whether A is good for a particular age group or B is better than C.

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

Ancient history?

Do I really have to explain it?  Of course in January plenty of people did not want to be the first one.  I myself might have doubted if they offered me a vaccine then.   But now millions and millions and millions of people have been vaccinated.

And actually I personally believe the AZ drama has been taken out of proportion, yes, a few people have died due to clogs and it sucks, but statistically it is a very low percentage.   So the answer to your "I am not an anti-vaxxer but nobody tells me which vaccine is safe for me" drama is any one, any vaccine is safe and any vaccine is much better than no vaccine.   And then, most of the clog cases are females.  I still believe you are a closet anti-vaxxer.

Ouch.. most of the clog cases are females.. ouch.. are you outing yourself as a macho? Women‘s lives count!

Not a closet anti-vaxxer. Sorry. 

43 minutes ago, john g. said:

Ouch.. most of the clog cases are females.. ouch.. are you outing yourself as a macho? Women‘s lives count!

Not a closet anti-vaxxer. Sorry. 

Seriously?  It is obvious I meant as a male you have less chances of getting the clots.  But I know you are only asking questions.

42 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Hmm

I think even since 7th jan when that article was written, attitudes will have shifted somewhat 

59 minutes ago, oscar 63 said:

I think even since 7th jan when that article was written, attitudes will have shifted somewhat 

Was hmming at him saying he wouldn't take medical advice from the internet and then linking internet medical advice.

What annoys me is hearing about a poll claiming that 50% of the population are against granting privileges (if you can even call it like that) to those vaccinated merely because not everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated. That´s pure jealousy which makes for a good case against democracy.

20 minutes ago, jeba said:

What annoys me is hearing about a poll claiming that 50% of the population are against granting privileges (if you can even call it like that) to those vaccinated merely because not everyone has had a chance to get vaccinated. That´s pure jealousy which makes for a good case against democracy.

I think it makes a good case for finally implementing tight regulation on science disclosure in the media. Those crackpot "doctors" and opinion makers should be silenced.

Yes Tucker Carlson, I'm talking about you too.